• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Pipedream is Over...

Diesel

• Premium Member

If you haven't heard already.. Doc is going to the Clipps.

This is a sign that the Clipps are going all out to keep CP3. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers Amnestied MWP and traded Dwight for Griff and Bledsoe.

So there will likely be no superfriends on the East Coast.

So what's left for us...

1. Make a run for Rondo?

We don't have the coach for that and why would Boston give him up and for what?

2. Al Jefferson Anyone?

I don't think Jefferson makes us better but I would strongly consider him.

3. Resign Teague?

I believe this would be best for us if the pipedream is over. Teague is going to be a good PG in this league. Maybe not CP3, but cheaper while still not being far from CP3.

4. Resign Smoove?

I hope not. I don't think Smoove helps our team. I think he plays a tweener position and this is the contract where his physical abilities start to fade and he needs to find another part to his game.

5. Iguodala?

Possibly. He won't be cheap.

6. Monta Ellis?

This guy just gave up 11 Million for the season. He wants a big payday. Still, I don't know what position he plays.

That dude named capspace is not doing a whole lot right now.

• Like 3

The Pipe Dream is definitely over...I don't expect the Hawks to spend money for the sake of spending, so I would imagine that if the Hawks can do a sign & trade for Smith then they would...Otherwise, I see us going after Jefferson as really the only Big Free Agent Splash and everything else would be to build a team through the draft.

• Like 2

No to Ellis. The spurs have built their franchise on one two two big splashes but then getting pieces most people overlooked. Getting harder to do that but I think their will be strategic moves that make sense in the end to build a team to fit the system

my vote? PATIENCE! We saw what happened to NJ when they panicked and got Gerald Wallace. It killed their chance at Dwight. We can't let short sightedness ruin our flexibility. There are other stars out there. And who knows who will beg out of a situation next. We just have to be patient and keep the path to excellence unclogged with mediocrity.

• Like 4

It's not over. CP3 still will not say he would like to stay a Clipper. They asked him yesterday... I think you need to get better players for CP3 to stay. Now if the Lakers can pull of a D12/Blake trade with the Clippers( which I think is crazy) the dream could be over.

It is over, time to wake up from your dream. CP3 and D12 were never coming here.

If you haven't heard already.. Doc is going to the Clipps.

This is a sign that the Clipps are going all out to keep CP3. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers Amnestied MWP and traded Dwight for Griff and Bledsoe.

So there will likely be no superfriends on the East Coast.

So what's left for us...

1. Make a run for Rondo?

We don't have the coach for that and why would Boston give him up and for what?

2. Al Jefferson Anyone?

I don't think Jefferson makes us better but I would strongly consider him.

3. Resign Teague?

I believe this would be best for us if the pipedream is over. Teague is going to be a good PG in this league. Maybe not CP3, but cheaper while still not being far from CP3.

4. Resign Smoove?

I hope not. I don't think Smoove helps our team. I think he plays a tweener position and this is the contract where his physical abilities start to fade and he needs to find another part to his game.

5. Iguodala?

Possibly. He won't be cheap.

6. Monta Ellis?

This guy just gave up 11 Million for the season. He wants a big payday. Still, I don't know what position he plays.

That dude named capspace is not doing a whole lot right now.

For the metric heads: Win share rankings.

Al Jefferson ranked 28th in win shares. One spot above D12

Andre Igoudaola ranked 73rd. Fifty four spots above Josh Smith.

Shawn Marion ranked 87th. Fourty spots above Josh Smith.

Lets just say Ferry is all about the metrics as some have proposed.

Jefferson 7.7, Horf 8.8, Iguodala 5.6, Marion 5.3, and Teague 6.1. Total WS 33.5

Now #2 in the East Knicks:

Tyson Chandler 9.3, Melo 9.5, Shumpert 1.9, Kidd 5.4, Felton 5.2, JR Smith 6.7. Kidd retired so I am going to subtract him and add in Smith as a starter. Total WS 32.6

Being the devils advocate that I am; its easy to see with our picks added in that Ferry may just see Jefferson and Iggy as viable options to at least get us close to the #2 seed in the East. If you would rather use Amare as a starter, he had 2.7 WS a game which adds 1.1 pts vs Shumpert.

I do think its realistic from a cap perspective to sign all three of those players. I like that team but not because of the win shares, I like it because of the size and perimeter defense.

Edited by Buzzard

my vote? PATIENCE! We saw what happened to NJ when they panicked and got Gerald Wallace. It killed their chance at Dwight. We can't let short sightedness ruin our flexibility. There are other stars out there. And who knows who will beg out of a situation next. We just have to be patient and keep the path to excellence unclogged with mediocrity.

^This with a capital T.

None of the second-tier FAs excite me in the slightest. Draft well, accumulate assets and maintain flexibility while poised to pounce on the right opportunity (ala Houston with Harden).

Guest Walter

Plan D is trade with Dallas for Marion and the 13th pick and trade JS to LA for gasol. Wonder what Gasol will command 1 yr from now. Trade for Thomas RobinsonGasol/AdamsHorford/ robinsonMarion/giannis (in future)Jenkins, fa Wesley, karasevTeagueW

• Premium Member

I must be the only happy one. I don't care if it Takes time, i think we are headed in the right direction and we are going to build this team the right way. Buying a championship never excited me.

Sorry but the only way to a championship is with talent. Not teambuilding. Not system making. All those other things are based on what talent you have.

There's no system in San Antonio without Duncan. If PTL takes Durant, OKC is nothing.

We have to come to the realization that in the lack of getting lucky in the lottery, you have to buy your talent. Like Miami did. Like Boston did.

Sorry but the only way to a championship is with talent. Not teambuilding. Not system making. All those other things are based on what talent you have.

There's no system in San Antonio without Duncan. If PTL takes Durant, OKC is nothing.

We have to come to the realization that in the lack of getting lucky in the lottery, you have to buy your talent. Like Miami did. Like Boston did.

And in order to buy that talent you either have to have the $$$ to do it (which we do, but they don't want it) or have assets that people want.

• Premium Member

And in order to buy that talent you either have to have the $$$ to do it (which we do, but they don't want it) or have assets that people want.

It's a very rough picture. However, we have to hope that some talented player shows pity on us and takes our overpayment. Sorta like what Joe did... The problem with Hawks fans is that when you have talented players, you disrespect them so much that they make it clear that they don't want to be here and other FAs hear this and say... I shouldn't go there.

• Like 1

• Moderators

That's the problem now. No one to trade. I'm thinking we trade some picks. I'd take a chance on Danny Granger. He's probably available and while he makes a lot he only has two years left. Teague/Granger/Horford and add some good veteran pieces like we know Ferry can do.

Of course I don't know how this can work seeing as we have very little to trade but since you can trade coaches for assets now maybe we can trade a mascot or dancer or something.

• Like 1