Say it ain't so, Deke!

ATL_BALLER

The Rockets contingent who met with Howard included players James Harden, Chandler Parsons, coach Kevin McHale, owner Les Alexander and Hall of Famer Hakeem Olajuwon. Yao Ming and Dikembe Mutombo taped video messages for Howard, according to the Chronicle.

Link

Oh, the betrayal! And ironically, from the only big fish (and center, no less) we netted via free agency in franchise history.

Edited by ATL_BALLER
  • Like 1

It's not news, Deke identifies more as a Rocket than a Nugget, Hawk, Sixer, Knick or Net. He did/does a lot of work in that area still by himself and for their franchise. Even his State Farm commercial jersey is a closer mock up of the Rockets' jersey than any Hawks jersey he played in.

Don't know about y'all but I"m starting to get that F-U feeling for the Rockets. First of all we've accomplished more as a franchise than them for the past 15 years or so. That goes back even further were it not for the 2 gift years Jordan gave them in the mid-90's.

Second of all, their style of play isn't that much different than what Howard's leaving in LA. They try to uptempo it and shoot a bunch of 3's. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know that's flawed 'analysis' but I'm on a roll here.

Thirdly, Harden is being vastly over-rated as has been discussed ad nauseum here but folks talk about Parsons like he's some kind of multi-year all-NBA performer. Guess that's what one halfway decent year gets you nowadays. Their "core" is incomplete at best and if you believe the reports Lin and Asik are on the block. I'm willing to bet any deal out there will want Parsons thrown in as incentive for taking back those awful (moreso Lin's) deals, so what team are you actually signing up for?

Oh and Deke, love you for what you did in our uniforms, but this is an excommunicatable offense IMHO.

Ok, Ok, I'm fine now. Posted Image

In terms of relevance, they have been superior to us in the last 15 years. They have had NBA faces like Steve Francis, Yao Ming, and T-Mac. We had Joe Johnson who really doesn't resonate with people and we have Smoove who can do as much harm to his rep as good in games.

So while you can say Atlanta has done more than Houston in the last 15 years. None of that has led to being relevant.

• Like 2

In terms of relevance, they have been superior to us in the last 15 years. They have had NBA faces like Steve Francis, Yao Ming, and T-Mac. We had Joe Johnson who really doesn't resonate with people and we have Smoove who can do as much harm to his rep as good in games.

So while you can say Atlanta has done more than Houston in the last 15 years. None of that has led to being relevant.

I'm still trying to figure out how the Hawks have accomplished more than this:

Posted Image

• Like 1

OH. MY. GOD. I am rethinking all of the values I live my life by. I can't speak, can barely type. Am hurt and disappointed. Crushed beyond belief. That is the least mutombolievable thing I've ever heard. Why Deke?? WHY????????

Time for a name-change? lol.