• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chernoff wants us to take BOTH Asik and Lin

Admin

Doesn't Lin have that poison pill which make his salary jump to $13M in the 14-15 season?

His salary will be $5 million in 2013-2014 and $15 million in 2014-2015. His cap hit in both years is $8.3 million.

That is crazy. Why should we help the Rockets make Dwight happy?

Oh because we are lil old Hawks...Posted Image

If Dwight isn't coming to Atlanta then we have on need to bring Smoove back, so we should get something for him. That something being Asik and something else of value, not Lin.

Here's my take. While Lin isn't a great PG if we are rebuilding anyways it would be good to bring him in to drive our fan base. Asians love asian athletes and will always support them. They came from all over just to watch Ryu pitch earlier this year in Atlanta. Would be a smart marketing move.

• Premium Member

Wait a second, what's the deal with "all of us" wanting Asik? I want zero part of him. He has a poison pill contract and we don't want that clogging up our cap space. Same with Lin: I want zero part of him.

If Dwight isn't coming to Atlanta then we have on need to bring Smoove back, so we should get something for him. That something being Asik and something else of value, not Lin.

The problem with that is Houston has to cut salary to sign Smith and Howard.

The only players on their roster who make more then $1.8 mill per year are Harden, Asik, and Lin.

Just something to point out here. Tony Parker see's a lot of himself as a young player in Jeremy Lin. Tony, as a young player in the league, struggled some with his shot and also struggled a lot when he didn't have the ball in his hands. If Tony Parker sees a younger version of himself in Jeremy Lin, you can bet that Mike Budenholzer and Danny Ferry see some similarities. Prior to the idea of actually including him in the deal to send Josh to Houston, I had been thinking that if Mike is going to run the offense in Atlanta the way he did in San Antonio, then Lin is actually a good fit for that style.

Then maybe we should wait about six or seven more years to trade for Lin when he will be a good starter.
  • Like 1

Wait a second, what's the deal with "all of us" wanting Asik? I want zero part of him. He has a poison pill contract and we don't want that clogging up our cap space. Same with Lin: I want zero part of him.

Well I would have said all 2,000+ members of Hawksquawk, minus Sothron, want Asik vs losing Josh for nothing, but that wouldn't fit in the character limit.

• Like 1

The problem with that is Houston has to cut salary to sign Smith and Howard.

The only players on their roster who make more then $1.8 mill per year are Harden, Asik, and Lin.

They can find a 3rd team to send Lin to in order to get a different player with enough salary to send back to us.

They can find a 3rd team to send Lin to in order to get a different player with enough salary to send back to us.

Easier said then done for an average player who is owed $15.6 mill in 2014-15.......even if the cap hit is one $8.5 mill per year.

• Like 1

Yeah. I don't feel quite as strongly as Sothron but at the very least I'm not on board with wanting Asik... yet. I have lots of questions as to his viability as a legit starter and low post scoring threat. He's a rebounding machine and a decent defender (probably on the same level as Al Jefferson) but what about offensively? Harden made him look real good off the pick and roll last season... but we don't have James Harden.

I'm just sayin. For $15m in that last season (even with the cap hit only at $8.3m), I'm not positive that I want him.

Yeah. I don't feel quite as strongly as Sothron but at the very least I'm not on board with wanting Asik... yet. I have lots of questions as to his viability as a legit starter and low post scoring threat. He's a rebounding machine and a decent defender (probably on the same level as Al Jefferson) but what about offensively? Harden made him look real good off the pick and roll last season... but we don't have James Harden.

I'm just sayin. For $15m in that last season (even with the cap hit only at $8.3m), I'm not positive that I want him.

Wait.........I thought it was Lin who had his contract structred that way. Is it Asik ?

His salary will be $5 million in 2013-2014 and $15 million in 2014-2015. His cap hit in both years is $8.3 million.

I can see Asik and Al working good together. Asik, and Terrence Jones... But...

I would rather do like the Lakers did with the Clippers when they said they won't do a SnT deal.

If the Rockets want to build their "Big 3" find another way.

We still have these nice young players we drafted... Go with another year of 1yr contracts. I would rather give Bynum a one year 15 mil contract

Easier said then done for an average player who is owed $15.6 mill in 2014-15.......even if the cap hit is one $8.5 mill per year.

I'm sure they could find a team wanting out of an $8 million contract that we would be interested in.

Wait.........I thought it was Lin who had his contract structred that way. Is it Asik ?

It's both of them

I can see Asik and Al working good together. Asik, and Terrence Jones... But...

I would rather do like the Lakers did with the Clippers when they said they won't do a SnT deal.

If the Rockets want to build their "Big 3" find another way.

We still have these nice young players we drafted... Go with another year of 1yr contracts. I would rather give Bynum a one year 15 mil contract

So you'd rather we get nothing and just let Josh go vs getting assets to build OUR team? This is a business and I understand you feel sentimental towards Josh but we need to worry about Atlanta first and foremost.

• Like 1

A team will have to really like Lin in order to take on his contract and give up a 2nd player we like. That right there limits the field of suitors to almost zero.

If we do facilitate a sign-and-trade with the Rockets, and if the rumors are true that we are looking to tank if we don't get Howard, I would bet we find a third and/or fourth team to take Lin and Asik, and we only take back young players, picks, and expiring contracts.

• Like 1

I don't want Asik either. We have better options in Bynum, Jefferson or Oden. None of those have us bending over to make the Rockets deals work either.Also on Chernoff, his nicknames "Turnoff" for a reason. Y'all gotta stop giving that attention junkie his fix.

Those are NOT better options. Bynum has only played 82 games (or even close to that I believe) once in his career and just missed the entire season. Oden is done and will never be worth anything. Jefferson is a 2nd tier inefficient player who plays no defense.

Asik is a top 5 defensive center and I believe the 2nd best rebounding center as well and he's only counting $8.3 million towards the cap each of the next 2 years. He and Al would be a great fit together!

If there were any way we were somehow able to include the C's to get Rondo, then I'd be a happy man, and I'd be a little more forgiving of Ainge. Let Rondo play out the remainder of his contract here setting up horf, all the while Dennis waits in the wings to take over the team when Rondo's contract expires.