• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

*2013* Update: Hawks have agreed to deal with Paul Millsap

Admin

Lmao gametime I can't stop laughing at your office thread of Michael Scott shuttin the door on leadership...omg hilarious...However I don't think u shut the door completely cuz he's still posting...lol

The concern is that we still need a starting shooting guard and point guard (unless we bring Teague back, which I'm cool with). Ad if we are starting Korver, then what's the plan to cover Carmelo/George/LeBron, etc.

We have a shooting guard, what we need is a Center and Wing Playmaker.....

This is tough man. But I decided a month ago, if we decide to prolong the rebuild in the deepest draft class since Michael Jordan, I can't support this team anymore. I know the anti-tankers are like HELL YEAH, FU*K OUTTA HERE, YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN!!! But I am a true fan. I got my name on another site for stanning the Hawks and I am getting killed for CP3/D12 signing with other teams not signing with the Hawks. People dancing, laughing, having a field day and calling me delusional. I said, if I lose hope, I should have never been a Hawks fan from Day 1. The one thing I had is my hope even when I was the only one. Well, I don't have hope anymore. I feel empty with this team. I was way too invested emotionally to this team anyway. I am not invested to the Falcons or Braves the way I am emotionally invested in the Hawks. People from other teams like, it's the f**king Hawks, they are dumbasses. They are used to being losers and getting no respect. I used to argue it but now agree, they are.

You like winning and a shot at championships, and you jumped on the Hornets/Pelicans bandwagon... I'm sorry, what????
  • Like 2

I love most of you guys. Dolfan especially. I guess this is the end. I would just get banned anyway in the middle of the season with a rant v. the Hawks anyway. It's best I retire now. A lot of guys are amazing posters I and enjoy all sides of the spectrum. Thank you hawksquawk, you are the greatest and Dolfan, dat graphics!

This is ridiculous... Acting like Paul is a bad signing... We did needed another PF after all. Ferry had his reasons for this signing. Calm down.

Edited by ATLscrubLove

• Premium Member

Anthony Davis just had a 21-22 PER as a 19 year old and he will finally go to is position which is PF. He can be one of the best players in the NBA in a couple of years.

Gordon is one of the best pure scorers in the NBA.

Evans is a two way role player who lacks range but can attack and handle the rock like no other.

Asik would be a true center who can protect the rim and get boards with Davis.

The bench has Austin Rivers, Aminu and potentially some other players.

I see them as potentially one of the best teams in the NBA. I didn't want to jump on a fading bandwagon like Miami. I wanted to start fresh. They have a new name, made some new moves, and have a potential top 5 player. Easy choice for me.

Plus, they also have a new cry-baby fan!

I would like as much as the next guy to avoid an "ugly" roster but the NBA is changing. This isn't NBA 2K, and we need to stop worrying so much about organizing the roster into a neat little

PG:

SG:

SF:

PF:

C:

format. On the Spurs (a team which, IMO, is a legitimate reflection of what Ferry is trying to build), a lot of guys wore different hats. Tim Duncan didn't fit neatly into the center role, but that's what he technically played in the Spurs' most common lineup (Parker-Green-Leonard-Splitter-Duncan). Of course you could say that Splitter was the center, but it really doesn't matter. Roles are more fluid. You need a guy who brings skills to the table that help your team win, and a good coach will find a way to get him on the court.

• Like 1

I wonder if this is why Ivan was let go. I believe the next signing we'll here of will be Devin Harris.

I wouldn't mind it, dude is a true professional and one of the nicest guys from last season.

Another thought on this: Other than Josh, Milllsap was the best PF on the market. Now Josh is probably Houston's top target. They might go after Ryan Anderson but I think they'll try to bring in the more dynamic Smith.

Here is a Center maybe:

Though the Hawks used up some of their cap space on agreements with Paul Millsap and DeMarre Carroll tonight, Atlanta remains the team most likely to make a lucrative offer to try to lure Nikola Pekovic from the Wolves, tweets Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.

Horford/Pek with Millsap off the bench would be wonderful. How much do we have to offer?

• Moderators

I would like as much as the next guy to avoid an "ugly" roster but the NBA is changing. This isn't NBA 2K, and we need to stop worrying so much about organizing the roster into a neat little

PG:

SG:

SF:

PF:

C:

format. On the Spurs (a team which, IMO, is a legitimate reflection of what Ferry is trying to build), a lot of guys wore different hats. Tim Duncan didn't fit neatly into the center role, but that's what he technically played in the Spurs' most common lineup (Parker-Green-Leonard-Splitter-Duncan). Of course you could say that Splitter was the center, but it really doesn't matter. Roles are more fluid. You need a guy who brings skills to the table that help your team win, and a good coach will find a way to get him on the court.

Ferry could be going really old school and bringing back the days of the two guard, three forward lineups. We ran it a lot with Teague and Harris. Basically, both guards are ball handlers and scorers. There is no such notion of a PG to set up the offense and pass the ball around or having SG to score points. Both guys do both things... They even alternate who brings the ball up the floor. Think Pistol Pete Maravich. Teague fits perfectly and so does Harris and Schröder into this idea because they all are great passers with scoring ability. Westbrook would have been a megastar in the '70's. Even Monta would work... Just an idea though.

• Like 1

Here is a Center maybe:

Horford/Pek with Millsap off the bench would be wonderful. How much do we have to offer?

I'm 99% sure we cannot make an offer to Pek now unless we renounce Smith / Deshawn and then if the Wolves matched we'd be screwed.

I really like Millsap. He has decent touch out to about 16 feet and decent back to the basket type of player. I thought about him a little bit, but didn't see where he fit in. I like this signing, but if he is coming off the bench he's mad overpaid. And if he starts at the 4 I still don't get it. Unless Ferry feels he can't get a legit center and in that case this move is fine.

I'm not interested in bringing Harris back unless it's for the minimum. He's nice when he's healthy, but he just can't rely on his health.

Yeah, I'm not interested in bringing him back either. Would rather re-sign Teague or find a cheaper, healthy vet to hold down the position until the rookie is ready.

Edited by RWF

Why would Millsap sign here to be a backup?

He might not even be here the entire 2 years. I just see a 6th man role being as important and if you can get a trio of starting caliber big men to go up against the front court thin champions, it makes sense. He is getting paid either way. Just an idea.