• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zaza signs with Bucks - 3 years / $16 million

JohnnyCASH

Guys like Zaza and Jeff have outspokenly said they would want back on the team. I'm curious how Horford can handle being no. 1 with no one to help create offense for him and others.

Lou is arguably the team's best facilitator.

• Premium Member

I am going to miss Zaza. He has consistently been the best backup big man in the NBA but that kind of money is laugh out loud worthy.

Good luck Zaza. I am going to miss your heart and hustle. I also am going to miss the giant dancing Zaza head, my favorite dancing big head they show at the homes by FAR.

• Premium Member

Several months ago, somebody asked how Zaza had performed in a game against Portland. One of the responses cracked me up, so I sent it to some of my friends. I don't remember who said it but it sums up Zaza perfectly. It went like this:

"Zaza attempted to get a triple double on one play by muffing 2 open layups after another O rebound before bounce passing to Korver.

Later on he attempted a scoop reverse layup after a drive from the 3 point line, missed.

He did get on the floor for a loose ball against 4 Blazers and won.

Oh, and the Portland announcers wondered out loud what his hat size is."

Isn't that perfect?

Edited by supermariowest
  • Like 1

Okay. This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. What makes it so unbelievably funny is that we resigned kyle korver.

Zaza was all heart. Great guy on and off the court not to mention the GQ dresser of the nba on our team, really hit home today that Zaza and smoove are history :-( I know we are heading in a different direction but I'm just sad today. F*ck

I feel you spud. I'm taking this a lot harder than I thought I would. Its like I keep losing friends. Joe marvin smoove zaza. Possibly teague. Horford's head must be spinning right now

• Like 2

I feel you spud. I'm taking this a lot harder than I thought I would. Its like I keep losing friends. Joe marvin smoove zaza. Possibly teague. Horford's head must be spinning right now

We never got out of the 2nd round with all those players; and over half the time not out of the 1st round. If its broke, ya gotta fix it.

• Like 3

This is like having a broken arm, and the doctor says "well we're gonna have to re-brake your arm to fix it. Yeah its gonna hurt, and yeah it might not work, but we gonna break that arm again".

• Like 1

This is like having a broken arm, and the doctor says "well we're gonna have to re-brake your arm to fix it. Yeah its gonna hurt, and yeah it might not work, but we gonna break that arm again".

Better to re-BREAK the arm and give it a chance to heal properly than to allow it to heal deformed and improperly.

• Like 4

I knew Z needed to go, I knew it was coming, I didn't know I'd be this sad about it. Thank you for all that hustle and heart, Big Z. Here's to hoping you're cheered loudly out of respect every time you set foot on the floor at Phillips...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

I think for a couple of our home games next year we should have the following themes...Zaza welcome back home champ (Rocky)Throw feces night (the return of Dwight Coward)

Okay. This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. What makes it so unbelievably funny is that we resigned kyle korver.

Now you're just being silly. I understand your sentiments as I feel the same. But if Zaza is worth 5.5 a season then KK is being underpaid.

We still have our starting center. We drafted not one but two centers.

I love Zaza. I will miss him. After the draft, we had to know he was gone.

Sure, it's like losing a member of your family when they move away.

I see no reason to believe JT will be going anywhere. We need him.

But, if he goes, so be it.

Will any of you deny that you wanted our beloved Hawks to change after

what we've been through? Seriously contemplate your answer to this.

Remember the old car commercial: "This is not your father's Oldsmobile."

Well, this is not your daddy's old Hawks. Will they be as good? Maybe better?

We really don't know now. But, by golly, we will definetly be different!

GO HAWKS!

• Like 3