• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Andrew Bynum MEGA Thread - post all discussion here

WillBarrow

3/24 million is a good deal fully guaranteed. 2/24 is just too much even if only 12 mil is guaranteed. That way we can keep Teague's right and we don't have to renounce any rights outside of Ivan/Tolly unless we have too for Jennings.

This gives us a chance to have a squad of

Jennings

Jenkins

Korver

Horford

Bynum

With Millsap and Lou getting big mins off the bench.

outbid Cavs ...or sign Pek to a Max deal which one?

We don't need to outbid them as far as matching that silly deal. We need to give him 3/24 fully guaranteed. That should be more than enough.

• Like 2

2 year deal with only one guaranteed does not bother me at all even if it is for big money as the team maintains maximum flexibility in the future.

The problem is it limits other moves we can make. I rather upgrade the PG position and get Bynum than get Bynum without the PG position being upgraded. We would be stuck with no #1 option and Bynum has never shown that he could be more than a 25-28 MPG player ever due to his health concerns.

• Premium Member

The good news is that Bynum will make his choice today.

IF we sign him, I will be happier. I think having him next to Horf is a very good thing because he is a real big. I will trust D-Ferry's evaluation on the injuries. Actually, getting him makes us a threat in the East if we can get a good decent 2.

Right now, I have it like this:

Teague, Lou, Dennis

Korver, Cunningham, Jenkins

DMC the alltime great,

Horf, Scott,

Bynum, Baby,

Some more moves are neccessary... Mostly trades and pickups.

• Premium Member

Good grief, do you guys think teams would sign him without checking him out with a doc? I swear there are those who want to stay stuck in mediocrity instead of improve the team. I believe some are stuck on getting other teams castoffs.

Edited by Vol4ever

The problem is it limits other moves we can make. I rather upgrade the PG position and get Bynum than get Bynum without the PG position being upgraded. We would be stuck with no #1 option and Bynum has never shown that he could be more than a 25-28 MPG player ever due to his health concerns.

I actually think it retains flexibility as the team could retool in 12 months. Neither Teague nor Jennings is a perfect point guard so I don't think missing out on either is a huge deal and none of the other remaining free agents seem like "got-to-haves." I guess it comes down to what Ferry's plan is with the recent first round picks. Are they viewed as future building block or trade assets? If the former, then Teague or Jennings is presumably just keeping the seat warm. If the later, then maybe it is more important to land one of those guys.

I actually think it retains flexibility as the team could retool in 12 months. Neither Teague nor Jennings is a perfect point guard so I don't think missing out on either is a huge deal and none of the other remaining free agents seem like "got-to-haves." I guess it comes down to what Ferry's plan is with the recent first round picks. Are they viewed as future building block or trade assets? If the former, then Teague or Jennings is presumably just keeping the seat warm. If the later, then maybe it is more important to land one of those guys.

Honestly, we have no shot at guys who would be worth it like John Wall. Those guys are getting resigned. The best we can do is a guy like Jennings. Jeff types are readily available for 6-7/mil like Jarrett Jack.

Where have you heard that Bynum will make his choice today?

Edited by GThawks3
Fixed embedded Tweet

Is our biggest FA pickup Millsap that forgettable?

He hates Millsap so that's not surprising. Plus he's got Schröder and Bebe, who are both unlikely to play this year and he doesn't have Moose, who is likely to play this year. And he's got Korver at SG when he's more likely to be at SF.

Ken Berger from CBS says he will decide later today according to sources.

Thanks. I find it odd that a Bynum decision would be made today if he hasn't even met with Dallas yet. Makes me wonder if Ferry hasn't given him some sort of promise that if he checks out medically that he will give him a better deal than Cleveland.

• Premium Member

Another day of refreshing the homepage for news!

Wish we had some insiders or a beat writer that could give some insight on our chances.

He hates Millsap so that's not surprising. Plus he's got Schröder and Bebe, who are both unlikely to play this year and he doesn't have Moose, who is likely to play this year. And he's got Korver at SG when he's more likely to be at SF.

Millsap as a main bench player who gets a lot of mins due to Bynum lack of health to get more than 28 mins is major. I didn't like the Millsap signing but if we land Bynum for the right price. It pays dividends.