• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF we don't get a C, we should trade Horford.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Gasp.

Diesel says it again.. Trade Horford.

Not for the ability to get into the lottery. The lottery is fixed.

However, here's my take. I think Horford is not as good as many of us make him out to be. Horf is a good complimentary player. Without a Big who he can compliment, he will look bad. Let's face it, Horf has no goto move. No up and under. No back to the basket. No drive through the lane. Nothing. Horf is a uptempo, face up, High Post Player. His best bets are to work off of somebody who dominates the low post or to play with the best PNR PG in the game.

In the absence of that, we're wasting time with Horf. Let's get some young prospects or pick.

This could lead to tanking. But I would rather tank for real than to tank with 1 foot in the playoffs.

But tanking is not the issue here. The issue is team building and asset management.

IF Horf has a bad season under the new coach, his value drops. We saw in Smoove what happens when your players value drops. You go to trade him (malcontent now) and the best you can get is bad contracts and flawed players.

So here's what we do. By July 15th if we haven't built correctly around Horf with either a low post dominating C or a PG who runs primarily PNR and can hit the outside shot near 40%.. then we need to move Horf. Let Horf go somewhere else where he is appreciated and he can play 2nd fiddle.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

To whom and for what is the problem

Well, there's several teams with spots and logjams. Of course send him West.

Off the top of my head, here's what comes to mind:

To Sactown for Salmons, Johnson, and 1st 2014.

To Golden State with Lou Williams for Barnes, Bogut.

To Lakers with Williams for Pau Gasol

To Houston for Asik and Lin.

To San Anton for Diaw, Bonner, and Neal.

• Premium Member

Another problem is if you get rid of Horford, you WILL need a Center. So Im guessing you would trade him for a Center? Because you couldnt get a center? Mindblown.

Not necessarily. I have places I would go. For instance, we're developing Baby. I would get Greg Steisma. I would get somebody like Mike Muscala. I would think about getting a guy like Mozgov. Then there are vets like Collins, Birdman, and even Wilkox who I would consider. We could actually use this time to develop our young guys.

• Premium Member

That's great. I'm sure we can pull out the highlights where Marvin consistently put up 25 or better against PTL.

the problem is Horf is not as consistent and I don't trust him as a primary if we don't have a low post presence or a great PNR game going.

• Premium Member

Yeah, trade the only current player the fans care about just because we couldn't find a center... good plan.

Fans will find new Sacred Cows....

Hell, I'm already liking THE JUNKYARD DOG!!!

All disgusting lol. Except maybe Barnes. Im not getting rid of Horford for expiring contracts or old arse veterans.

• Premium Member

Your Dieselputer Sh-t has a virus!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

All disgusting lol. Except maybe Barnes. Im not getting rid of Horford for expiring contracts or old arse veterans.

So you're talking LAL and San Anton.

Well, I looked over LAl a second time and that was all about capspace. However, San Anton was about capspace and Gary Neal.

I would also do Horf for Rondo straight up. Or Maybe Horf Teague for Rondo/Green.

So you're talking LAL and San Anton.

Well, I looked over LAl a second time and that was all about capspace. However, San Anton was about capspace and Gary Neal.

I would also do Horf for Rondo straight up. Or Maybe Horf Teague for Rondo/Green.

So, you don't think Horf is that good, but you think he can bring in Rondo straight up?

• Premium Member

Your Dieselputer Sh-t has a virus!

No. This version of the Hawks has a virus.

We can't expect to contend if we get Monta or Jennings. We've wasted all the development if we trade Teague for them.

IN fact, Milwaukee has PASSED US.

People need to wake up and smell what's cooking. We have traded away a playoff team and all we have to show for it right now is money nobody wants to take from us and Millsap and DMC the alltime great?? Millsap is no Sf.. WTF do you think Utah traded for Sorry Marvin??? We are lying to ourselves. This team is misbuilt and if Ferry trades Teague for Jennings, then I believe that Ferry = Babcock. This is the kind of knee-jerk stuff he would do.

So if our plan is that we will win with no plan. Damnit, Send Horf away and let's get something of value for him. IF you wait 1 yr, it will be worse.

So, you don't think Horf is that good, but you think he can bring in Rondo straight up?

I don't think Horf is a primary player. He's not a first option. niether is RONDO. However, Horf is an allstar if he plays as a second option.

I usually don't agree with you D, but I'm with it. Now some of those proposals sound deranged, but I get it. Al ain't making no championship noise even as a second option, and players around the league know that. We couldn't get past a team led by Paul George, and his ceiling is much farther away and much higher than Al's.I love Boss to death, but even the best businessmen have to part with valuable, sentimental assets sometimes to reach that next level.

Edited by benhillboy