• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Simple but sweet, Jennings or Teague?

IllestPamfilis

This is a tantalizing line of thinking, I'm just afraid too many GM's have outsmarted themselves with this type of thinking in the past only to get burned. I mean, honestly, is there an example out there that has happened similar to this? Specifically with PG's magically becoming efficient? If not, give me the proven, cheaper option.

I really don't see BJ being an efficient player. That's just not his style but that doesn't mean he can't be extremely impactful. Russell Westbrook is one of the most impactful players in the NBA and his efficient has never been even good ever.

BJ, I love Teague but BJ has more heart when he plays. He's the type of player that's more respected in my opinion. He's more of a leader and our team fits him a lot better than any of those Bucks teams have.

leaders don't shoot less than 40% for their career. Leaders don't give up in the middle of the game and just start hoisting up 3 after 3. Leaders don't guarantee victory only to be among the worst players on the entire floor for an entire series. You guys get being loud confused with being a leader. Tim Duncan is a leader, but doesn't talk much

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 1

The original post is the most ridiculous post. Signing Monta would be a disaster when he'll likely average 23 ppg on 45% shooting for 12 mill, BUT Jennings WILL be a great signing averaging 17 ppg on 38% shooting for 12 million LMAO. The people on the Jennings train who don't support Monta are massive hypocrites.

Depends on price and what Coach Bud and Ferry will invest themselves in. All things being equal, I would gamble on Jennings.

Of course your rooting for him...........he is the PG of your Summer Franchise Draft Posted Image

I'm kind of suprised though. Normally your all about players with solid metrics. That is Jennings weakness.

To each their own.

leaders don't shoot less than 40% for their career. Leaders don't give up in the middle of the game and just start hoisting up 3 after 3. Leaders don't guarantee victory only to be among the worst players on the entire floor for an entire series. You guys get being loud confused with being a leader. Tim Duncan is a leader, but doesn't talk much

I have honestly tried to figure out where this leader and heart thing comes from. Dude quit on his team last year and was pulled from several games due to his lack of effort yet he is being called a leader and that he plays with heart . lmaooooo. I was reading the Bucks board today and they were wondering why their front office would pay a guy 11 million a year knowing he quit on them last year and didnt want to be there.

Im absolutely baffled as to why some Hawks fans think this dude is a leader and has all this heart. I dont know too many leaders, stars, or guys who play with so much heart who give up like he did last season.

I have honestly tried to figure out where this leader and heart thing comes from. Dude quit on his team last year and was pulled from several games due to his lack of effort yet he is being called a leader and that he plays with heart . lmaooooo. I was reading the Bucks board today and they were wondering why their front office would pay a guy 11 million a year knowing he quit on them last year and didnt want to be there.

Im absolutely baffled as to why some Hawks fans think this dude is a leader and has all this heart. I dont know too many leaders, stars, or guys who play with so much heart who give up like he did last season.

because he talks alot and takes a lot of dumb shots. That equals leader and heart in their eyes. There is a reason we played better without Josh Smith and Milwaukee played better without Jennings. They play loser ball. And everybody on that board that wants Jennings has that loser mentality that I talk about all the damn time. They can't even help it. Our teams have been losers for so long they don't know how to react to progress. Its really sad

because he talks alot and takes a lot of dumb shots. That equals leader and heart in their eyes. There is a reason we played better without Josh Smith and Milwaukee played better without Jennings. They play loser ball. And everybody on that board that wants Jennings has that loser mentality that I talk about all the damn time. They can't even help it. Our teams have been losers for so long they don't know how to react to progress. Its really sad

Nope, he does more playing than talking. He couldn't carry his team? Guess what, he's not a superstar, we know that. He is a leader because you see him taking control and trying to get everyone in the right spots and position. Him and Scott Skiles loved each other. Now the new coach and BJ clashed but Skiles and him were always on the same page.

We don't play better without Josh Smith. Look at last year, Smith had a top 15 simple rating of 7.8 which was one of the best in the NBA. For someone who we are much better without, that wouldn't be the case. Now last year was a wash but that was because Smith was our #1 option and him and Horf just don't play as well off of each other as #1 and #2 options as they did when they were #3 ad #4 options on offense.

The reason why people on here like Jennings is simple. His strengths match our strengths as in PnR, the need for a playmaker, we have shooters and finishers around him and he fits what we do.

Teague doesn't. That's not to say Teague isn't an average PG with good talent but Jeff will never be a good fit for our personnel in Atlanta. Our strengths do not match his and without Smith, his lack of court vision and passing skills will be more of a challenge. Without Smith, we aren't going to be a top tier defense or even top 10 defense so what's the purpose of having Jeff on the team. Our fit for Jeff doesn't match our personnel at all anymore. He would be much better in Milwaukee.

• Moderators

Of course your rooting for him...........he is the PG of your Summer Franchise Draft Posted Image

I'm kind of suprised though. Normally your all about players with solid metrics. That is Jennings weakness.

To each their own.

If all he does is play like last year, I want no part of him. I always wanted a good coach and system to bring out the best in Josh. SA has had success with that and I haven't closed the book on Jennings bing more than a low efficiency volume scorer like I have with Ellis. I think Jennings is a better passer and defender than Teague so if Coach Bud thinks he can mold Jennings than he would be my choice all things being equal. Teague has done a solid job developing but I'm not on the "Teague is an above average starting PG" train let alone thinking he has the mentality to be a star.

I'd take Jeff EVERY SINGLE day of the week. I can't believe people are content with a player scoring 17 ppg on 37% shooting every year.

Jeff has gotten better every single year. Scores WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more efficiently, more APG despite somehow being the "worse" playmaker, I mean the choice is obvious. I think people are way to caught up with "swag" style of play.

• Like 1

First off, BJ is 23. It's a little unfair to talk about what he's averaged over his career when it's this early in it. And your basically talking about his confidence in a negative light, he made a claim about beating the Heat to show he has confidence in his team, whats so bad about that? You do know that that team went on to win the championship right? A young PG does bad in a series against the champs and that makes him not a leader. Tim Duncan doesn't talk much, true. But almost every other star you can name in this league that has won anything has been a vocal leader on their team.

It's one thing to dwell on his faults but their are plenty of things that I can named that BJ does that make him a leader. Every player in the league has flaws, I just believe in BJ overcoming his and shining in ATL.

Edited by Flight

• 4 months later...