• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A center we haven't discussed much.

ag82

We are spending a lot of time trying to figure out which injury prone center to throw wads of cash at, but how about an all star center on a reasonable contract who put up 17 and 10 with great efficiency numbers.Talking about our very own al horford here.Wouldn't other teams be salivating over al horford if we made him available? Can't he be our starting center and put in some minutes at pf with a serviceable back up C?I know he wants to be a pf, but Duncan played c for the spurs, Garnett for the Celts.

Edited by ag82
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Duncan and KG has the size of a true C. Horf just doesn't. Nor does he have the aggressive mentality. Don't get me wrong, Horf is definitely a player that plays with Physical contact, but not against Real Centers. If we put him at PF and find a real C, his attributes at C will become expanded. He is a face-up High post player. He is the right mold for a PNR from the high post. He does not roll to the basket ala Duncan or KG (some of the time).

We don't have to find a 12 million dollar answer at C, but it would be nice.

However, I would have liked Robin Lopez. I would give Greg Steisma a try. And of course Zaza (in a platoon). However, what we have now is Bynum, Dally, and Kaman (IMO). Without one of these guys, what's the use in keeping Horf when we could possibly get something good for him. Maybe Rondo.

• Premium Member

Horf has voiced his wanting to play PF, improve the team and it has fallen on deaf ears. Why would any player want to play here. We are laughed at behind closed doors around the league.

Edited by Vol4ever

• Moderators

Horf has voiced his wanting to play PF, improve the team and it has fallen on deaf ears. Why would any player want to play here. We are laughed at behind closed doors around the league.

Well, that's not exactly true! The doors aren't ALWAYS closed! Posted Image

~lw3

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I talked to a buddy of mine last night and he said there were giggles about management in Atlanta. I told him fans were pissed off about this offseason. He said Lin would be a big boost to the Hawks in attendance. He also stated superstar players want to play in big markets.

I get all of that, but who is the better available option?Even signing bynum probably means horf plays a lot of C this year. I'm all for ssigning by um to a reasonable deal, but we all know that could blow up in our face.

I talked to a buddy of mine last night and he said there were giggles about management in Atlanta. I told him fans were pissed off about this offseason. He said Lin would be a big boost to the Hawks in attendance. He also stated superstar players want to play in big markets.

There are also a lot of fans and analysts who like our direction currently and are waiting to see this team a) fill out the roster and b) play a game of basketball before declaring the end of the world.
  • Like 2

How are we not sure that Horfords "request to play PF" was really him requesting Josh Smith be traded? That he couldn't directly express his frustration about Josh so this was the politically correct way to say it. Perhaps Ferry and management know that he doesn't mind playing center on a team that plays the right way. and that is why they went out and got Millsap. A true center like Bynum (if healthy) would just be icing on the cake.

• Like 1

• Moderators

How are we not sure that Horfords "request to play PF" was really him requesting Josh Smith be traded? That he couldn't directly express his frustration about Josh so this was the politically correct way to say it. Perhaps Ferry and management know that he doesn't mind playing center on a team that plays the right way. and that is why they went out and got Millsap. A true center like Bynum (if healthy) would just be icing on the cake.

Exactly. He doesn't want to have to guard Dwight and the 2 or 3 other huge guys in the league but for the rest of the nba what difference does it make? I'm glad DF's number one goal for the offseason wasn't making sure Horford gets to be fulltime PF. One of the things that makes him very valuable is we can play him at the 4 or 5. I mean look at some of the guys playing center in the damn finals, Bosh, Diaw, Haslem.