• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague getting some attention

macdaddy

Teague is severely being undervalued here and it's kind of sad. 5 years ago if I told any of you that we would draft a pg that would put up 15 & 7 in his second real year of playing time all of you would be happy with that. But now that he's here he's not good enough...and we want to replace him with a guy putting up 17 & 6 being the main option on his team most nights and shooting under 40%....really? Ok

I don't think most here want to replace Teague with Jennings. Especially if Jennings really thinks he is worth 12 million!

• Like 1

I still think Teague has a ton of upside, a lot of room for growth, and I think that Bud could really push him to be a much better player that is more consistent. I really want to keep the kid. He puts up great numbers and I'm especially impressed by his FT% since that's a stat that can really be used to hurt other teams if he could learn to draw fouls more often. I'll be really disappointed if he winds up getting moved somewhere else.

Teague is severely being undervalued here and it's kind of sad. 5 years ago if I told any of you that we would draft a pg that would put up 15 & 7 in his second real year of playing time all of you would be happy with that. But now that he's here he's not good enough...and we want to replace him with a guy putting up 17 & 6 being the main option on his team most nights and shooting under 40%....really? Ok

exactly. It's that loser mentality if he aint putting up 20-10 from the jump making all-star games then get rid of him and bring in somebody inferior because they "might" turn into a star with a change of scenery smh these are the same people that watched Josh show no improvement in his game for a decade and had all the excuses in the book for him, and STILL welcomed the possibility of him being resigned. face meet palm.

• Like 1

If he loved Teague there would be a public statement of the intent to keep him and the rumors of replacements wouldn't fly hot and heavy. It seems obvious to me that Ferry sees Teague as one of a number of options but clearly not at the top of his list.He may like Teague but he's not treating him like an essential part of the team (which I would expect if he loved Teague).

Was there any public statement of the intent to keep Korver? Just curious.

• Moderators

Was there any public statement of the intent to keep Korver? Just curious.

No. They just aggressively went after resigning him and there were no rumors of players at his position (SF) being pursued by the Hawks.

Maybe it is just Ferry being smart about the timing on his deals (there is no reason to sign Teague before you have used your cap space) but there have been a lot of rumors of people who would have to be Teague's replacement and the only sound from Teague has been his disgruntled tweet during the draft when he thought both Schröder and Larking were coming to Atlanta.

Teague has 2 problems and they are big issues that relate to his heart and desire. 1. He often doesn't show up for games or for long stretches in games.2. He's one if the worst PGs in the league at defending the PnR.He also struggles to create plays for his teammates unless they are wide open for an easy jumper. I think that can be corrected with coaching but we have known since we drafted him that he's not a natural PG and will struggle with this aspect of the game.It's the heart, desire and hustle issues that really bother me and those are things you can't coach. Teague has to want to do better there and honestly if those weren't issues he'd have already gotten a new contract since his raw and advanced stats are plenty good enough to lead a team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

No. They just aggressively went after resigning him and there were no rumors of players at his position (SF) being pursued by the Hawks. Maybe it is just Ferry being smart about the timing on his deals (there is no reason to sign Teague before you have used your cap space) but there have been a lot of rumors of people who would have to be Teague's replacement and the only sound from Teague has been his disgruntled tweet during the draft when he thought both Schröder and Larking were coming to Atlanta.

While there were no public statements from Ferry, Korver did say that the Hawks made it clear to him they wanted him back after his exit interview.

• Premium Member

There's also this from Stein:Tweet from Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine)Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) tweeted at 10:00 AM on Wed, Jul 10, 2013:Today looms as big day on Jeff Teague front. Strong word Bucks readying offer sheet for Teague. Hawks get 3 days to match IF sheet signed