Teague getting some attention

macdaddy

If Teague could learn to defend opposing PGs on the PnR he'd be a legit All-Star candidate because his offensive game is getting close to that level and he makes a lot of plays defensively, but he's so weak at defending the PnR that he gets abused and causes the whole defense to break down.

If Teague could learn to defend opposing PGs on the PnR he'd be a legit All-Star candidate because his offensive game is getting close to that level and he makes a lot of plays defensively, but he's so weak at defending the PnR that he gets abused and causes the whole defense to break down.

Yup. That and he simply just decides not to show up on many nights. If he had half of Jennings' hunger, we would not even be having these conversations.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Yup. That and he simply just decides not to show up on many nights. If he had half of Jennings' hunger, we would not even be having these conversations.

I think you have to give Teague the chance with another coach. He has improved every year he has been here. 14/7 is nothing to sneeze at when you know that JBrick bricked a lot and ruined some assists. I believe in that kid who went toe to toe with Rose. He's older now and I think he's able to play the game a little better with better TEAMmates.

• Like 3

I think you have to give Teague the chance with another coach. He has improved every year he has been here. 14/7 is nothing to sneeze at when you know that JBrick bricked a lot and ruined some assists. I believe in that kid who went toe to toe with Rose. He's older now and I think he's able to play the game a little better with better TEAMmates.

I agree. I'm definitely willing to see what Bud can do but I feel like until he learns how to commit defensively, he will never be what we want him to be. I think for what he will be signing for though, he is probably worth keeping. No way I give Jennings 12mill.

It is pretty obvious Ferry isn't a big fan.

Not necessarily. He may know that it's going to take a higher $ amount than Teague's cap hold to sign him and he's trying to preserve cap space for other deals and then will make moves to get Teague his contract.

• Moderators

Not necessarily. He may know that it's going to take a higher $ amount than Teague's cap hold to sign him and he's trying to preserve cap space for other deals and then will make moves to get Teague his contract.

If he loved Teague there would be a public statement of the intent to keep him and the rumors of replacements wouldn't fly hot and heavy. It seems obvious to me that Ferry sees Teague as one of a number of options but clearly not at the top of his list.He may like Teague but he's not treating him like an essential part of the team (which I would expect if he loved Teague).

If he loved Teague there would be a public statement of the intent to keep him and the rumors of replacements wouldn't fly hot and heavy. It seems obvious to me that Ferry sees Teague as one of a number of options but clearly not at the top of his list.He may like Teague but he's not treating him like an essential part of the team (which I would expect if he loved Teague).

Really? When does Ferry make public statements about free agents? And I certainly hope that Teague is only one of many options. If Ferry weren't looking at other options at every position then I'd be very concerned about him.

• Like 4

He's older now and I think he's able to play the game a little better with better TEAMmates.

Certainly, but where are these better teammates?

Or do you simply mean players who don't stubbornly persist in doing things that hurt the team?

If it's the latter, then I get you.

But I don't think the Hawks have improved at a single position yet.

(I like Millsap & am happy to have him in ATL, but he isn't a better player than JS).

Really? When does Ferry make public statements about free agents? And I certainly hope that Teague is only one of many options. If Ferry weren't looking at other options at every position then I'd be very concerned about him.

I think just the fact that Teague has not gone public about being interested in other teams shows he is content to let this play out. He and Ferry have to be in communications; otherwise Teague forces our hand by looking for a offer sheet elsewhere. All assumptions on my part but I don't see either of them burning any bridges yet.

• Like 2

Certainly, but where are these better teammates?

Or do you simply mean players who don't stubbornly persist in doing things that hurt the team?

If it's the latter, then I get you.

But I don't think the Hawks have improved at a single position yet.

(I like Millsap & am happy to have him in ATL, but he isn't a better player than JS).

While I agree we haven't necessarily improved at any single position, here are some of the ways we have improved...

1. Addition by subtraction. Hence no more Brick. We are understating the negative effects of missed shots and constant complaining.

2. We have added top caliber work ethic guys. This will have an exponential effect on the team.

3. We added some young guns with MASSIVE potential.

4. We have remained flexible with trade-able assets and good contracts (thus far).

5. Paul Millsap is underrated. Not going to go into much detail here because I think he is soon going to be a fan favorite. He is the type to let his play do the talking.

Edited by Ruckus
  • Like 2