• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mo Williams = Plan C.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Yep... and I read something about Mo being on the radar screen about this time last week, I believe... so I'm not so certain that he is Plan C... he might've been Plan A, but just awaiting what happens with the poker chip called Jeff Teague to happen.

Personally, I hate to see it... nothing against Mo, but just still feeling overall positive about Teague's future.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'd take any of the Teague-BJ-Monta three over Mo smh.

I think Mo would be a cheap pickup that would allow us to develop more players. Plus, in the playoffs, he may help against Lebron.

Through his cheapness, I think he may allow us to get Bynum and somebody like Brewer.

Edited by Diesel

Looking at his numbers from last season he's a little better than I thought, but still, hell to the naw. I fault pretty much everyone on that team for failing to make the playoffs last year without any major injuries while the Lakers were so pathetic. In their defense, they did have Marvin on the roster but still. That's what made me say "eh" at the Milsap signing. I'd probably covet Hayward most form their 12-13 roster as far as we're concerned.

Edited by benhillboy

Mo is about as good as Bibs was when he first got here.

Is Jennings even at that level now though? Mo is even a better shooter than Jennings. I'm not sure if Jennings is worth 8-9 more mill a year when we already have our "potential future" in Dennis.

• Premium Member

Looking at his numbers from last season he's a little better than I thought, but still, hell to the naw. I fault pretty much everyone on that team for failing to make the playoffs last year without any major injuries while the Lakers were so pathetic. In their defense, they did have Marvin on the roster but still. That's what made me say "eh" at the Milsap signing. I'd probably covet Haywood most form their 12-13 roster as far as we're concerned.

I think Mo is more of a PG than any of the guys we're looking at. He can score. He can run the Pick and Roll. He's experienced. If a Teague deal fails. IF we do get Bynum. We may be able to get Mo... and get another SG prospect.

I said Brewer, but it may be somebody who can actually shoot.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The real question is (In my Hulk Hogan Voice) Whachagonna do with LOU??

So Mo is another Jazz player. What are we trying for - to become the Atlanta Jazz? Now I'm wondering why we didn't get Jefferson. Posted Image

I think Charlotte jumped on him too fast. I betcha he was in our plans though.

I think Mo would be a cheap pickup that would allow us to develop more players. Plus, in the playoffs, he may help against Lebron. Through his cheapness, I think he may allow us to get Bynum and somebody like Brewer.

What you say here would definitely be the upside. Cheaper and would maybe agree to the 1-2 year contract. But just not the type of PG I want. My rankings with Mo added, like this:TeagueJenningsMoEllis

• Premium Member

Danny essentially said during the presser today that the SA model is actually the Utah model... which is an observation I had awhile back... SA has been Utah, except with a Hall of Famer in the post.

Playing the Mo Williams chip will lower the price for Jennings. Mo Williams also let's us move Schröder into the lineup as quickly as possible.I don't see Teague, Jennings or Ellis leading a team to a championship. Teague is good, I just don't think he is good enough to get you to the playoffs. I'm just not to sure how far he can get you. We have to hope Schröder will be the answer in 3-4 years.Hawk88

Playing the Mo Williams chip will lower the price for Jennings. Mo Williams also let's us move Schröder into the lineup as quickly as possible.I don't see Teague, Jennings or Ellis leading a team to a championship. Teague is good, I just don't think he is good enough to get you to the playoffs. I'm just not to sure how far he can get you. We have to hope Schröder will be the answer in 3-4 years.Hawk88

I mistyped. Teague will get you to the playoffs, just not far.