• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague has signed a 4 year / $32 million offer sheet with Milwaukee

Admin

$8 million per would be a steal if you think that Teague is going to continue trending upward. Imagine 4 years from now if he's consistently playing at an All-Star level how great of a deal that will be.

As you've said, though, Jeff just doesn't have that killer in him. I'm not enamored with Jennings, but I'd rather him than Jeff, even at a couple million more per year.

Monta is another story.

What in his years in the league would suggest that? He hasn't improved. If he has star potential, why do the Bucks want Teague?

I am not sure there is much difference between the two. But, I reckon the Bucks want Teague because of LD. I don't trust his judgement at all.

Just a random clip pulled up from this past season, showing how much more energy Jennings gives on the court than Teague, and the main reason I see more potential in him surrounded by players like Horford (PnR) and Korver (floor spacer):

• Like 1

I can't believe people really want Jennings. Just need change? Either way, we're about to find out if Ferry agrees with you or not, because ~8 million is reasonable for Teague's talent.(Also, probably good he signed this before Schröder goes off in Summer League. Haha.)

• Like 1

How so ?

Did you watch the games. Jennings strengths are his ability to run the PnR, his ability to score using the PnR, his ability to get off his own shot at times, PnR defense, and his heart. His weaknesses are his lack of ability to beat his man off the dribble with consistency, his tendency to overdribble, his poor shot selection... he should NEVER be a #1 option or even #2. He needs to score when needed, not because he has too, his inconsistency on his man defense, his tendency to get frustrated with others with is understandable at times when you watch the Bucks play, and isolation offense which is one of the worst in the NBA for someone who take the volume he takes.

Overall, I would easily Jennings over Jeff. Jennings can be very good at PG while Teague is what he is.

Teague is very good at penetrating especially off the PnR, excellent in transition and I am not sold on his isolation game and I am a big believer his % are high in iso because he really doesn't get the attention of the defense like Al and Josh do. His man defense is good but his PnR defense is awful. He doesn't have court vision nor does can he run a good PnR. He is constantly rushing his PnR and causing his screener to get called for an offensive foul. He doesn't read the PnR well at all and he can even come close to being able to hit the pocket. Jeff is a good talent. His first step is amazing. His quickness in general is with the best in the NBA, his explosiveness is top notch but not on Westbrook or Rose level. He has the physical tools. Doesn't try to play above himself and doesn't have crap shot selection. While Jeff will likely be decently effective on ANY NBA team, Jennings is not. Jennings can be an all star or he can be below average depending on the personnel. Just two different players. With different strengths. You can take Teague off the ball and he can still be an asset on offense. Take Jennings off the ball, he doesn't really do much at all.

• Like 1

Just a random clip pulled up from this past season, showing how much more energy Jennings gives on the court than Teague, and the main reason I see more potential in him surrounded by players like Horford (PnR) and Korver (floor spacer):

How about showing the production stats of how Teague dominated Jennings in their head to head competition.I swear this board is ?()/-&@$) Edited by coachx

So a guy who has shot over 40% once in his career. has never been close to being an all star, has only been the playoffs twice in his career. has lead his team no where, has star potential.. I guess star potential has different meanings now a days.

Jennings was in a bad situation. Fg% is a product of shot selection and his was horrible. However, he's only played withh one good scorer, but one that is probably the worst compliment to him in the league. His shot selection wil get better if he plays on a team with more weapons offensively. What people see when they talk about potential is his ball handling and speed combo. The guy is super quick and is still a couple of years from his prime. He could easily be an 20 and 7 type guy next season and he's only 23. Edited by EazyRoc
  • Like 1

So a guy who has shot over 40% once in his career. has never been close to being an all star, has only been the playoffs twice in his career. has lead his team no where, has star potential.. I guess star potential has different meanings now a days.

We keep telling you, it's about skill-sets. It's has nothing to do with stats. Big Dog Glen Robinson was beloved by Hawks management when you can watch him play for Milwaukee and see they had him in the perfect role for his style of Basketball. He came to Atlanta which didn't have that personnel and he flounder. Just an example of what being in a great role and a great fit to a bad role and a bad fit can do to some players.

• Like 1

As you've said, though, Jeff just doesn't have that killer in him. I'm not enamored with Jennings, but I'd rather him than Jeff, even at a couple million more per year.

Monta is another story.

Yeah he hasn't had that killer instinct in him yet but his balls have to drop someday, right?

Did you watch the games. Jennings strengths are his ability to run the PnR, his ability to score using the PnR, his ability to get off his own shot at times, PnR defense, and his heart. His weaknesses are his lack of ability to beat his man off the dribble with consistency, his tendency to overdribble, his poor shot selection... he should NEVER be a #1 option or even #2. He needs to score when needed, not because he has too, his inconsistency on his man defense, his tendency to get frustrated with others with is understandable at times when you watch the Bucks play, and isolation offense which is one of the worst in the NBA for someone who take the volume he takes. Overall, I would easily Jennings over Jeff. Jennings can be very good at PG while Teague is what he is. Teague is very good at penetrating especially off the PnR, excellent in transition and I am not sold on his isolation game and I am a big believer his % are high in iso because he really doesn't get the attention of the defense like Al and Josh do. His man defense is good but his PnR defense is awful. He doesn't have court vision nor does can he run a good PnR. He is constantly rushing his PnR and causing his screener to get called for an offensive foul. He doesn't read the PnR well at all and he can even come close to being able to hit the pocket. Jeff is a good talent. His first step is amazing. His quickness in general is with the best in the NBA, his explosiveness is top notch but not on Westbrook or Rose level. He has the physical tools. Doesn't try to play above himself and doesn't have crap shot selection. While Jeff will likely be decently effective on ANY NBA team, Jennings is not. Jennings can be an all star or he can be below average depending on the personnel. Just two different players. With different strengths. You can take Teague off the ball and he can still be an asset on offense. Take Jennings off the ball, he doesn't really do much at all.

This tells me you dream stuff up rather the watch the games.I've already posted the stats of how Teague dominates Jennings in route to a 3-0 record last season. Live is your dream reality all you want.

I thought that a team could still trade the RFA to the team that signed him to the offer sheet. I know we couldn't trade him anywhere else but I thought we could trade him to Milwaukee.

I don't think Teague has signed it yet. So we could trade him until he does indeed sign it.

This tells me you dream stuff up rather the watch the games.I've already posted the stats of how Teague dominates Jennings in route to a 3-0 record last season. Live is your dream reality all you want.

Swap Jennings and Teague on those teams and Jennings would have the 3-0 record.

We keep telling you, it's about skill-sets. It's has nothing to do with stats. Big Dog Glen Robinson was beloved by Hawks management when you can watch him play for Milwaukee and see they had him in the perfect role for his style of Basketball. He came to Atlanta which didn't have that personnel and he flounder. Just an example of what being in a great role and a great fit to a bad role and a bad fit can do to some players.

Wrong.......hiss knees were shot. What happened after the 1 year he spent in ATL ? He sucked and was out of the league.Weak comparison ! Edited by coachx

How about showing the production stats of how Teaguendominated Jennings sin their head to head competition.I swear this board is ?()/-&@$)

Atlanta played Milwaukee knowing that you slow down Jennings and you beat Milwaukee. With Teague, he is just a role player. They don't have the same role or personnel. You are making a statement that really isn't a honest assessment to your main point at all.Teague is not the focal point to beat Atlanta. Jennings is the focal point to beat Milwaukee. You gameplan to beat Jennings. Your gameplan on Teague is simple. Keep him out of the lane and don't turn the ball over so he can get on transition.

Lol Jennings ... The Teague haters just put both feet in their mouths with that one. If you thought Teague was frustrating then you are in for hell with Jennings. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater!

• Like 2