• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Update in Teague

JTB

Other options: Tyronn Lue, Anthony Johnson, Speedy Claxton, Kenny Anderson, Acie Law, or maybe Royal Ivy.

Is Flip Murray still around? I miss Bob, going "Oooh nooo Steve, someone just flipped the switch!". Or maybe I just miss Steve Smith as commentator. C'mon back Steve!

• Premium Member

Other options: Tyronn Lue, Anthony Johnson, Speedy Claxton, Kenny Anderson, Acie Law, or maybe Royal Ivy.

^^^^ People talk about Teague like he is crap. How soon we forget. Our point guards in the past have been brutal. You can add Matt Maloney and Enis Whatley to the list above. I still don't get how everyone gets so jaded so fast.

• Like 2

At this point I would love a 2 year 22 million offer to jennings.

Who knows if we are even interested though. I trust none of these basketball insiders.

Posted Image

No need to bid against ourselves. Who else can offer Jennings a trip out of Milwaukee but the Hawks? Offer him no more than 7-8 mill.

• Like 1

Posted Image

No need to bid against ourselves. Who else can offer Jennings a trip out of Milwaukee but the Hawks? Offer him no more than 7-8 mill.

Oh I would definitely start low but I think the two year part is what is important. I think someone can offer him a longer deal so we will have to pay more for a short one.

Posted Image

Dallas still has something left but not enough. Rumor is they were going to move Marion if they decided to make Bynum a offer. This could be a stroke of genius on our part. Get Jennings and/or Ellis cheaper than Teague.

One year ago who would ever have thought that possible?

• Like 1

This just proves we didn't want to do a PG trade swap.

In NO WAY does it say we don't have interest in Jennings/Ellis. It just means we don't want them for what they would have went for in a S&T.

Now when Teague is off the market, Ellis and Jennings will be needing jobs and ATL can offer them cheaper deals.

I don't even know where to start with Broussard. He mentions ATL will either match or let Teague walk, well no shit that is the only thing they can do.

Before that he mentions ATL will not do a SNT for Ellis or Jennings. Well yeah, we have the cap space so why would we even do this trade in the first place? It makes no sense with Ellis, and is only kind of likely with Jennings.

How do the executives at ESPN allow some no-talent assclown like Broussard have a job?

This just proves we didn't want to do a PG trade swap.

In NO WAY does it say we don't have interest in Jennings/Ellis. It just means we don't want them for what they would have went for in a S&T.

Now when Teague is off the market, Ellis and Jennings will be needing jobs and ATL can offer them cheaper deals.

You have it exactly right. With the amount of cap space available in the league, it's almost a certainty that one of these guys will be forced to sign a cheap 1-2 year deal. I'm starting to think we should just let Teague go, much as it pains me to lose an asset.

I think I would prefer Ellis. Before he started shooting the 3, he was a fairly efficient scorer. If he only shot 1 3 ptr last year instead of 4, his FG% would rise to almost 45%. He still gets a lot of layups, especially going to the right. And he plays some D as well.

• Premium Member

I don't even know where to start with Broussard. He mentions ATL will either match or let Teague walk, well no shit that is the only thing they can do. Before that he mentions ATL will not do a SNT for Ellis or Jennings. Well yeah, we have the cap space so why would we even do this trade in the first place? It makes no sense with Ellis, and is only kind of likely with Jennings. How do the executives at ESPN allow some no-talent assclown like Broussard have a job?

Must be those sources he has!

• Premium Member

Nope you cannot do that under the new CBA. I'm not sure you could under the old one either once the player signs it, but you definitely cannot now. It's match or don't match now and that's it.

Okay... you seem pretty certain, so I'll accept that.