• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steve Smith says Hawks should match the offer for Teague

Blunt91

I watched the clip called "GameTime" over at NBA.com. His words were "I love Jeff Teague", Says Teague's numbers have been gradually going up each year and he still thinks he can get better. Says Jennings 39% FG percentage worries him, but a change of scenario probably be best for him.

Edited by Blunt91

So we can continue to stay in the middle of the pack with no chance at drafting better than a rotational player? No thanks. I love Smitty, but he's thinking short term here.

Keeping assets is the only way to trade for good players.If Schröder turns into a stud then either Teague or Jennings would be a nice trade piece to have.

BTW.......both of our 1st round picks this past year will probably be better then rotational players.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Keeping assets is the only was to trade for good players.If Schröder turns into a stud then either Teague or Jennings would be a nice trade piece to have.

What good player is Teague going to net us? What's more, if Teague has peaked, this could be another Marvin situation.

• Premium Member

It's obvious Teague doesn't want to be here judging from his comments.

This is about Business not feelings.

To let Teague walk as he has let Josh walk and not get anything in return is another death nail in our casket. Good GMs would resign him simply to see where his game is and if he fits. If not, trade him for something.

What good player is Teague going to net us? What's more, if Teague has peaked, this could be another Marvin situation.

Who said Teague has peaked?? He is on an upward climb and is not showing that he's leveling off.

• Premium Member

This is about Business not feelings. To let Teague walk as he has let Josh walk and not get anything in return is another death nail in our casket. Good GMs would resign him simply to see where his game is and if he fits. If not, trade him for something. Who said Teague has peaked?? He is on an upward climb and is not showing that he's leveling off.

His numbers have improved, but I don't see him becoming a take charge, assertive point guard. His personality is not going to change. He'll continue to defer to Lou, Horf and probably Millsap.
  • Like 1

If Teague wants to waste his career in Milwaukee I say go ahead and let him. Bring in Mo Williams and give big minutes to Dennis. I don't want a PG who tends have a lack of effort at times and pouts about EVERYTHING.

That's what I say......play the rookie

You need a good player with some salary attached to him + good cheap young talent (Nogueria, Schröder, Jenkins, Scott, Muscala) + 1st round draft pick to trade for a star. Having some cap room to absord more salary coming back is nice too.

That is how The Celtics got Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett. The Hawks would be in position for a similar deal if one were to arise.

• Like 2

That's what I say......play the rookie

I could live with that.

We would just be narrowing our building plan to the draft by taking away a productive and young poker chip.

I'd rather not trade in my poker chips for nothing.

Question 1:

Does Milsap match up better vs. David West then does Josh Smith ?

I'd say the answer is yes.

Question 2:

Would Lou Williams scoring helped vs the Pacers ?

Yes

Add in a C like Samuel Dalembert and this team should beat the Pacers in a 7 game Playoff series.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

Teague has only improved. I somehow doubt he was empowered by Josh and Co. to actually run the offense. I do think he needs to grow as a floor leader. I think with only 1-1/2 years of real floor time that he can. I also think his numbers are deflated due to Chuck McChuckerson's propensity to handle and shoot any round object in the arena. I hope we match this offer and let him take the next step of development in a Hawks jersey.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

You need a good player with some salary attached to him + good cheap young talent (Nogueria, Schröder, Jenkins, Scott, Muscala) + 1st round draft pick to trade for a star. Having some cap room to absord more salary coming back is nice too. That is how The Celtics got Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett. The Hawks would be in position for a similar deal if one were to arise.

I don't think so. Keeping him here is only going to reinforce to the rest of the league that he's not a leader at point guard, defers WAY too much to other players and has to be constantly proded to play hard and be aggressive. That's who Teague is and it can only get worse if he's in a place he doesn't want to be. At roughly 8 million per for four years, I don't see any team moving a star to us for a package of middle of the pack draft picks and Teague. Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

They way DF talks about Teague in general terms says it all. Ferry seems to be every bit as stubborn as BK so yeah I would be shocked if he matched.

• Premium Member

I hope Schröder becomes a good player, but to pin the hopes on a guy that has never played a NBA game is kind of short sighted. We need to resign Teague he is a good young player that will only get better. If the rook can play down the road then you trade Teague.

• Like 2

You need a good player with some salary attached to him + good cheap young talent (Nogueria, Schröder, Jenkins, Scott, Muscala) + 1st round draft pick to trade for a star. Having some cap room to absord more salary coming back is nice too.

That is how The Celtics got Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett. The Hawks would be in position for a similar deal if one were to arise.

Well then there ya have it, such wisdom come from the man surely wise enough to be an NBA GM, and the one dripping with such acidic contemptuousness as to declare half the Hawks fans posting here as being 'idiots', quoted, and never forgotten, so in light of that, perhaps you're simply far too elevated as to participate amongst the likes of us?

Well then there ya have it, such wisdom come from the man surely wise enough to be an NBA GM, and the one dripping with such acidic contemptuousness as to declare half the Hawks fans posting here as being 'idiots', quoted, and never forgotten, so in light of that, perhaps you're simply far too elevated as to participate amongst the likes of us?

No sense of humor here at all.

.....and who's the one dripping with acidic contemptousness ?

Everyone can have an opinion on message board.

I've stated that I could live with starting Schröder with a lottery destination. I've also stated its not preference to do so since this contract for Teague is pretty fair.

Edited by coachx

No sense of humor here at all.

.....and who's the ione dripping with acidic contemptousness ?

Everyone can have an opinion on message board.

Humor? Precisely what's so funny about being an arrogant asshole?

I'd have far more respect for you if you'd just simply be such, as opposed to being a gutless turd cannot stand behind his own assholish statements right on this board, but how you try to hide them now in the guise of 'humor', and sorry, it just doesn't wash.

• Like 1