Is Schröder our Russell Wilson?

Final_quest

Trying to figure out our PG scenario and wondering what is going on behind the scenes. Over the past week or so DF has gotten a chance to see Dennis live in action. Has he seen enough to feel comfortable giving him the keys to the car? Maybe he never intended for him to be our starter this year, but is it possible he saw enough in practice that he's decided to roll with Dennis?We've stopped hearing about the Milwaukee guards. Is Dennis our PG this year? Would be most compelling story line of our season if he gets to start.

Trying to figure out our PG scenario and wondering what is going on behind the scenes. Over the past week or so DF has gotten a chance to see Dennis live in action. Has he seen enough to feel comfortable giving him the keys to the car? Maybe he never intended for him to be our starter this year, but is it possible he saw enough in practice that he's decided to roll with Dennis?We've stopped hearing about the Milwaukee guards. Is Dennis our PG this year? Would be most compelling story line of our season if he gets to start.

It would not be a complete shock if Dennis ended up starting at some point this season. Rubio was 20 and started for the Timber Wolves. John Wall was 20 when he started for the Wizards. Since most freshman entering the draft are 20, that is the common age for young point guards/players. But Tony Parker was a international player and he was just 19 his rookie season when he made 72 starts for the Spurs.

U know its bad when the future of your team is pinned on saome guy from Germany that this time last month 99% of your fans never even heard. I mean our hopes are based off a youtube video. MATCH TEAGUE.

• Like 3

Pure luck is one of the biggest factors on an NFL field, almost non-existent on an NBA court, so I say no. Wilson is a very intelligent winner, though. I could only hope. Dennis has yet to play in the summer league. It'll be hard to outshine Oladipo and Olynyk. The former looks like he has no game-speed curve to adjust to at all, and the latter looks like a White David Robinson.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

U know its bad when the future of your team is pinned on saome guy from Germany that this time last month 99% of your fans never even heard. I mean our hopes are based off a youtube video. MATCH TEAGUE.

Oh Im sure Schröder will be a NBA allstar this year, just ask some on this board! Hilarious

• Like 1

My point is simply this, we stopped hearing chatter about the Hawks trying to acquire Ellis or Jennings. We apparently have little interest in Teague. Is DF suddenly comfortable giving the reigns to Dennis after watching him practice? Or would we rather have another tanking thread?

Ferry might be waiting to see how Dennis does in Summer League before making any hasty decisions.

If Jennings is in a hurry to sign he can sign for less or take his QO from the Bucks.

Or would we rather have another tanking thread?

Please for the love of all that is holy - NO MORE TANKING TREADS!!!!!Posted Image

I am not going to just discount Schröder. He has to many positive reviews, least of which he is 99.9 % considered to be the 2nd best pure PG in this draft who also has the most upside.

I know we expect doom and gloom with our draft picks. We are the Hawks. But there is a chance we get lucky every now and then. Kind of like this old saying " Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then"

I don't understand hype about this guy? I watched him a couple of times, and he really on first sight looks like Rondo, has that Rondo moves, has long arms, but you must understand: German league in Europe is a joke – like third grade Junior college - if such thing exists in the States. And he played for Braunschweig which is one of the worst teams there - got almost relegated last year. Hi really did not had a chance to play against real competition.I hope I'm wrong, we'll see.

I don't understand hype about this guy? I watched him a couple of times, and he really on first sight looks like Rondo, has that Rondo moves, has long arms, but you must understand: German league in Europe is a joke like third grade Junior college - if such thing exists in the States. And he played for Braunschweig which is one of the worst teams there - got almost relegated last year. Hi really did not had a chance to play against real competition.I hope I'm wrong, we'll see.

He did it against all the 2014 lottery picks that people describe as the second coming

I don't understand hype about this guy? I watched him a couple of times, and he really on first sight looks like Rondo, has that Rondo moves, has long arms, but you must understand: German league in Europe is a joke – like third grade Junior college - if such thing exists in the States. And he played for Braunschweig which is one of the worst teams there - got almost relegated last year. Hi really did not had a chance to play against real competition.I hope I'm wrong, we'll see.

I think his hype has more to do with his Nike Hoop Summit play, his measurements ( physical and athletic ), and his individual team workouts. Now comes summer league which is like a hoop summit but against the best young college players now in the NBA.

If he can hold his own against the best first and second year PG's in the league, I think the hype will start being justified.

Edited by Buzzard