• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are Schröder and/or Nogueira under contract THIS season?

bumpyphish1

Personally, I think we would be better off to stash them both for a year and let them grow up and develop a bit before signing them to a contract. Because let's face it, they aren't ready to help on a meaningful level now and even if they were, they (or Dennis at least) would get a lot more minutes overseas.

Sidebar: I love the Teague contract. Hopefully, Dennis is ready to start in like 2 years and Teague's favorable contract could potentially make him a nice trade asset.

Edited by bumpyphish1

• Premium Member

Personally, I think we would be better off to stash them both for a year and let them grow up and develop a bit before signing them to a contract. Because let's face it, they aren't ready to help on a meaningful level now and even if they were, they (or Dennis at least) would get a lot more minutes overseas.

Sidebar: I love the Teague contract. Hopefully, Dennis is ready to start in like 2 years and Teague's favorable contract could potentially make him a nice trade asset.

Neither one of them were growing where they were.

I think Especially Lucas will benefit from NBADL..

For Dennis, he would be my 3rd PG in the rotation.

• Premium Member

The whole idea of stashing them overseas became silly once we missed on Howard and Paul. Now that we don't have any shot at contending for a title, there is absolutely no reason to delay their development to avoid paying them because this team is not going to win anything of significance.

I want both on the team,well we already know Dennis is but that whole stashing people overseas doesn't really work. Larry Sanders isn't that much bigger than Lucas, he may not be the greatest at first, he will get pushed around, but he can still offer something

Neither one of them were growing where they were.

I think Especially Lucas will benefit from NBADL..

For Dennis, he would be my 3rd PG in the rotation.

3rd PG? Come on Diesel, are you trying to make Dennis another Jeff Teague?

I have always wondered if Bebe has learned English well enough to be able to communicate with Bud and his teammates. All the interviews I have seen show him using an interpreter.

I have always wondered if Bebe has learned English well enough to be able to communicate with Bud and his teammates. All the interviews I have seen show him using an interpreter.

He spoke english pretty well in his intro press conference.

They both should stay because the Hawks aren't winning anything of significance as is. They will not become NBA ready by playing overseas.

This whole philosophy of sending players back to Europe is faulted. At this point, execs should send them to the NBA to start building NBA work habits. When they go back to Europe they continue to build European style basketball habits. Rubio did not benefit from additional time in Europe and most of the players do not. Send them to the NBA and let them learn just like Marc Gasol did.

If we want him to get stronger we shouldn't send him overseas but rather over to Cuba, there is a nice detention camp there called Guantanamo Bay. Great daily schedule of lifting weights and 3 nutritious meals a day as well. If you're lucky you can even have the tasty c*ckmeat sandwich.......

• Moderators

Since we are going nowhere, I don't mind him spending another year developing overseas. It delays the start of his FA just like keeping someone in the minors in MLB and he should be more prepared to play. I'm not sure why guys like Tiago Splitter supposedly would have had the same impact at age 20 as when he came over but I don't buy that college is useful for developing players but overseas basketball is useless.

So how does the D league compare to competition overseas. Anyone know?

I've never really heard a successful D-League story. Anyone wish to share? I've heard about either players going there to die or going there for a handful of games but not for any extended period of time.

I've never really heard a successful D-League story. Anyone wish to share? I've heard about either players going there to die or going there for a handful of games but not for any extended period of time.

I think Matt Barnes was scrub territory until he was sent there. Thats all I can think of

• Like 1