• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So whats Ferry doing about this SG position? I would really like to know!

JTB

• Premium Member

C-Viv says he'll have some comments from Al on playing center again this year. Hearing his take on this will be really interesting.

I'm cool with seeing what Jenkins can do for us at SG with an expanded role.

I agree. Jenkins could take a big step forward this year. Edited by Jody23

I like Henderson. He's basically the same size as Jenkins but he can handle himself inside much better. They would make a nice combo to change up styles. I always liked Ronnie Brewer AKA Young Dro but he really stunk it up with the Knicks. If Eric Gordon happened somehow I'd do a tumbling routine complete with cartwheels and backflips, and hurt myself. I'm sure Ferry will get something done because we clearly don't have starter material at that position. I personally haven't enjoyed the SG position for the Hawks since the 90s, so I'm dying over here. Oladipo might be better than any we've ever had.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

C-Viv says he'll have some comments from Al on playing center again this year. Hearing his take on this will be really interesting.I agree. Jenkins could take a big step forward this year.

I have to be honest here....I haven't seen any indications that Jenkins is going to be our starting sg. Has ferry said this? I get he's going to have a bigger role but is he really going to start?

We are good at SG. What's worrying me is the SF position. We still don't have a big physical SF who can play some D. You will laugh but we could use Marvin :-)

Agreed. Ronnie Brewer, Alan Anderson(sleeper), Marquis Daniels, Pietrus? Wilson Chandler available? Duck? Hell no!

It's some bad ass veteran shooting guards nowadays. Damn. Ray and Vince's heyday was 10 years ago and I'd still take them over some of these cats. I dig Hayward and Klay Thompson. I just want a guy who can get us 15-5-3 while holding a Kobe or Wade under their averages (otherwise known as Jimmy Butler). Is that too much to ask?

Edited by benhillboy

It's some bad ass veteran shooting guards nowadays. Damn. Ray and Vince's heyday was 10 years ago and I'd still take them over some of these cats. I dig Hayward and Klay Thompson. I just want a guy who can get us 15-5-3 while holding a Kobe or Wade under their averages (otherwise known as Jimmy Butler). Is that too much to ask?

at this point in the off season?........yes lol

I would think are guard rotation is basically done. I agree with those that think what we need is a 3.We have:Teague - Schröder - Mack?Korver - Lou - JenkinsAnd:CarrollMillsap - ScottHorford - Muscala - (Noguera?)So I'd say SMALL FORWARD and BACKUP CENTER are definitely pieces we still need. And I'd guess Ivan might be brought back too.

I would think are guard rotation is basically done. I agree with those that think what we need is a 3.We have:Teague - Schröder - Mack?Korver - Lou - JenkinsAnd:CarrollMillsap - ScottHorford - Muscala - (Noguera?)So I'd say SMALL FORWARD and BACKUP CENTER are definitely pieces we still need. And I'd guess Ivan might be brought back too.

I think Jenkins gets more time at the 2 with Lou, allowing KK to get more time at the 3. I think Carroll and KK get the majority of the SF minutes. It's possible we see Petro, Ivan and Tolliver back. I want Dalembert, but I think he chooses Dallas.

I think Teague and Schröder will play at the same time often this year. Teague has played off the ball before and I think that he and Schröder in the game at the same time could be good for this team. I wouldn't count out the possibility of a Schröder/Teague starting backcourt sometime this season.

• Premium Member

I have to be honest here....I haven't seen any indications that Jenkins is going to be our starting sg. Has ferry said this? I get he's going to have a bigger role but is he really going to start?

Seeing as how Lou as already been designated as the backup shooting guard, I'd say yeah, Jenkins is going to be the starter. You can tell from summer league that they're getting him ready for that role. It doesn't mean he'll get the most minutes, but he'll be the starter along with Jeff and Lou and Dennis will come off the bench.

Teague/Shredder/LouJenkins/Lou/KorverKorver/Carroll/MillsapMillsap/Al/?Al/?We need a backup big most of all...I'd bring back Ivan and try to get daly...muscala and Bebe can also join for development purposes but not likely many minutes for a bit Everyone but korver is young and could see big jumps in improvement so our future will be brighter the more of them that do improve