• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to go on the record...Hawks wins for next season?

DocWilkins

• Moderators

If Bud can coach at all I think we are the biggest surprise in the East. Milsap > Josh (for our needs). Brand>Zaza. Carroll>DS. I was actually a big fan of Josh but like many of us I just got tired of the totaly unpredictability of his game. With that gone I think we take a step forward.

I'm still thinking 45 wins but a much more formidable team in the playoffs.

If Bud can coach at all I think we are the biggest surprise in the East. Milsap > Josh (for our needs). Brand>Zaza. Carroll>DS. I was actually a big fan of Josh but like many of us I just got tired of the totaly unpredictability of his game. With that gone I think we take a step forward.

I'm still thinking 45 wins but a much more formidable team in the playoffs.

Agree on JYD but we're going to miss Deshawn's (and Tolliver's) 3's.

I'm sure the same ones saying we aren't going to win many games this year are the same ones that said we weren't going to make the playoffs last year too. How did that work out for ya? As it stands we already have a much better team than last year IMO. But I don't think we are done this offseason yet either.

• Like 1

Agree on JYD but we're going to miss Deshawn's (and Tolliver's) 3's.

Deshawn didn't shoot too well last year did he? Tolliver def made some clutch shots though. Mike Miller would fill this role nicely if he could be had for cheap.

The team as is, barring injury: 44-38 and a 7th seed.

If we pick another wing player that can score (Turkoglu) and a backup center (Mozgov or Dalembert), I would predict 52-30 and a 3rd seed.

C - Horford/(Mozgov, Dalembert)/Muscala/Bebe

PF - Millsap/Horford/Scott/Muscala

SF - Turkolou/Carroll/Korver

SG - Korver/Jenkins/Lou

PG - Teague/Lou/Schröder

Ferry could very well pull the same move he pulled last season with Korver and trade cash for a player. Just find a team looking to dump salary and find their best advance stat guy on a budget and that's who Ferry would jump on. Maybe Washington with Trevor Ariza.

You forgot Brand in your rotation. Ariza could be a good pickup for us. I'd rather trade cash for Singleton though!

• Moderators

You forgot Brand in your rotation. Ariza could be a good pickup for us. I'd rather trade cash for Singleton though!

Yep, just realize that and I believe Turkolou or someone like that will be the next move. Ariza is a possibility at $7.5 mil expiring especially with Washington selecting Otto Porter and so is Singleton.

The team as is, barring injury: 44-38 and a 7th seed. If we pick another wing player that can score (Turkoglu) and a backup center (Mozgov or Dalembert), I would predict 52-30 and a 3rd seed. C - Horford/(Mozgov, Dalembert)/Muscala/BebePF - Millsap/Horford/Scott/MuscalaSF - Turkolou/Carroll/KorverSG - Korver/Jenkins/LouPG - Teague/Lou/Schröder Ferry could very well pull the same move he pulled last season with Korver and trade cash for a player. Just find a team looking to dump salary and find their best advance stat guy on a budget and that's who Ferry would jump on. Maybe Washington with Trevor Ariza.

Dam are you reading my mind?!That's just what I was thinking!
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Man looking back at last year its just amazing we were winning that much. I mean who was on that team. Whether LD is a championship caliber coach remains to be seen but looking at the cards he was dealt last year and where we ended up its really kind of amazing.

• Moderators

We can't go on record yet when we still have as much as 11.2 million left to spend. I still think we're going to get 1 more quality player before this offseason is over.

Posted Image

• Like 1

98! That's just unrealistic bro!........I say 96-2 that's very doable.

Nah. Undefeated regular season and playoffs. 98 wins. You heard it here first!

Deshawn didn't shoot too well last year did he? Tolliver def made some clutch shots though. Mike Miller would fill this role nicely if he could be had for cheap.

Deshawn was almost 37% last year from 3 in 209 attempts. Tolliver was 34% in 133 attempts. Neither are Korver level 3pt shooters but those are pretty good numbers for bench shooters. Compare them with guys like Manu and Neal off the bench in SA where they were both roughly 35% 3pt shooters you can see that Deshawn and Tolly were quality marksman.

• Like 1

Deshawn was almost 37% last year from 3 in 209 attempts. Tolliver was 34% in 133 attempts. Neither are Korver level 3pt shooters but those are pretty good numbers for bench shooters. Compare them with guys like Manu and Neal off the bench in SA where they were both roughly 35% 3pt shooters you can see that Deshawn and Tolly were quality marksman.

Oh wow. Didn't even notice Deshawn got that much playing time to shoot 209 threes. Those are noble numbers for sure.