• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to go on the record...Hawks wins for next season?

DocWilkins

Oh wow. Didn't even notice Deshawn got that much playing time to shoot 209 threes. Those are noble numbers for sure.

Yep he had a ton of clutch 3's as well. He was up in the mid-40's for quite a bit of the season. But since he could only play at that level every other game or two it's good that we replace him.

• Moderators

The team as is, barring injury: 44-38 and a 7th seed.

If we pick another wing player that can score (Turkoglu) and a backup center (Mozgov or Dalembert), I would predict 52-30 and a 3rd seed.

C - Horford/(Mozgov, Dalembert)/Muscala/Bebe

PF - Millsap/Horford/Scott/Muscala

SF - Turkolou/Carroll/Korver

SG - Korver/Jenkins/Lou

PG - Teague/Lou/Schröder

Ferry could very well pull the same move he pulled last season with Korver and trade cash for a player. Just find a team looking to dump salary and find their best advance stat guy on a budget and that's who Ferry would jump on. Maybe Washington with Trevor Ariza.

Booyah. lol

• Like 1

It seems like Ferry's moves have been based in heavy analytics, so with that and a strong coach we could all be very surprised. Still not thinking we'll be better than Miami, Indy, Chicago, Brooklyn, or NY though. Might be a few other sleeper teams out there too.

It seems like Ferry's moves have been based in heavy analytics, so with that and a strong coach we could all be very surprised. Still not thinking we'll be better than Miami, Indy, Chicago, Brooklyn, or NY though. Might be a few other sleeper teams out there too.

Miami for sure.

Indy? I think they overachieved last year.

Chicago? Total unknown.

Brooklyn? The ultimate 'on paper' team.

NY? Definitely got worse, plus now JR Smith's out for months.

I think ATL improved about 5 games' worth with Millsap, getting Lou back (though who knows if he'll be as good as he was) and Brand.

We can't go on record yet when we still have as much as 11.2 million left to spend. I still think we're going to get 1 more quality player before this offseason is over.

Agreed.

We can't go on record yet when we still have as much as 11.2 million left to spend. I still think we're going to get 1 more quality player before this offseason is over.

That and Lou's health. A healthy Lou Williams is a five to ten game difference IMO vs if he is still hobbled for half the season or more.

Edited by Buzzard

This is from Arturo Galletti at Wages of Wins:

Posted Image

Projected wins and East Rankings:

1. Miami Heat 53 wins

2. Chicago Bulls 50 wins

3. Atlanta Hawks 48 wins

4. Milwaukee Bucks 47 wins

5. Toronto Raptors 45 wins

6. Cleveland Cavaliers 44 wins

7. Detroit Piston 41 wins

8. Washington Wizards 41 wins

Fans are really overestimating the Brooklyn Nets right now. Father time is undefeated, and they have to have things go perfect for them to be as successful as many of you think they will be this year. They have a first time head coach that has no coaching experience at all, and he's going to have to handle a bunch of egos in that locker room as well as attempt to put those guys in the right positions to succeed.

The other overrated team in the East are the New York Knicks. This is a poorly coached team that has a collection of players that wouldn't know what a good shot was if it hit them in the face.

With that said, I do feel like Arturo underestimates the Indiana Pacers and overestimates both the Cavaliers and the Wizards.

This is from Arturo Galletti at Wages of Wins:

Posted Image

Projected wins and East Rankings:

1. Miami Heat 53 wins

2. Chicago Bulls 50 wins

3. Atlanta Hawks 48 wins

4. Milwaukee Bucks 47 wins

5. Toronto Raptors 45 wins

6. Cleveland Cavaliers 44 wins

7. Detroit Piston 41 wins

8. Washington Wizards 41 wins

Fans are really overestimating the Brooklyn Nets right now. Father time is undefeated, and they have to have things go perfect for them to be as successful as many of you think they will be this year. They have a first time head coach that has no coaching experience at all, and he's going to have to handle a bunch of egos in that locker room as well as attempt to put those guys in the right positions to succeed.

The other overrated team in the East are the New York Knicks. This is a poorly coached team that has a collection of players that wouldn't know what a good shot was if it hit them in the face.

With that said, I do feel like Arturo underestimates the Indiana Pacers and overestimates both the Cavaliers and the Wizards.

That statement right there in bold. Indy may have over achieved but not that much. I don't like the Raptors or Wizards either; to young, to inconsistent, and to unproven. I think the Bucks will be better ( 6th through 8th seed). LD will get them playing better defense and figure out a way to use Sanders, Henson, and Ersan getting them all 30+ minutes a game. Skiles is such a dumb ass IMO.

As for us, I think a 3rd seed is pushing it. 4 through 6 is where I think we will fall.

That statement right there in bold. Indy may have over achieved but not that much. I don't like the Raptors or Wizards either; to young, to inconsistent, and to unproven. I think the Bucks will be better ( 6th through 8th seed). LD will get them playing better defense and figure out a way to use Sanders, Henson, and Ersan getting them all 30+ minutes a game. Skiles is such a dumb ass IMO.

As for us, I think a 3rd seed is pushing it. 4 through 6 is where I think we will fall.

I think Indiana is somewhere in between the 36 projected wins Arturo has them having and the 49 wins they had this past season. Last year, this system had the Pacers projected at around 42-43 wins, and they won 49. If you look at the simple rating, they have them at around 41 wins even though their nominal wins are at around 36-37.

I personally think Indiana is probably a 43-44 win team. Last year, if the Hawks had a healthy Zaza and Lou, they beat the Pacers in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

I can't help but feel Ferry has one more major roster move to make. We have a gap at SF/SG in terms of a starter and I can't help but feel Ferry would trade for that. DMC, Korver, Jenkins, Lou...I just can't see two of those four as full time starters.

Based on that I think a healthy team can get 45-50 wins.