• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's recognize our franchise player

macdaddy

There is no mischaracterization and you know it. It can't be simpler than one poster says, "shooting 3's" and I point out he missed 1.8 3's a game. That's a legitimate fact. That's 33% would have been missing 1.7 3's per game is a legitimate fact and when you have to try and trot out advance stats to refute the difference between 1.7 and 1.8 misses a game you have issues. The difference Smith makes will be shown this season when the Pistons make the playoffs and the Hawks are struggling to get in. I love my Hawks and I hate what I see as you guys being sold a bag of sand. Let's try to remember this is the same Danny Ferry that drove Cleveland into the ground. Let's try to remember that this is the same Danny Ferry that was such a Nancy that when drafted with the 2nd overall pick in the draft opted to go to Italy to avoid playing for the LA Clippers. Danny talks about selfish players and primadonnas and he wouldn't play for the Clips. The guy was never really liked as a player, isn't trusted by the players and our offseason shows that. When your big press releases are that a 34 year old Elton Brand is replacing Zaza, Millsap is replacing Smith and can't convince a real center to come to Atlanta, you're in trouble, real trouble.

Is trotting out advanced stats to make a point worse than making up lies? Because Ferry drove the Cavs to the finals, where his "superstar" folded up like a cheap camping tent. LeBron and LeBron alone drove that team into gutter when he left them.
  • Like 1

Benhillboy, not picking on you but this is the sheep following the herd mentality that loses us franchise players every year.

Josh Smith missed on average 1.8 3 point attempts last year. He made .8. You guys are beating the dead horse of 1.8 misses. If Josh shot the league respectable 33% from 3 last year that would have equaled 1.7 misses.

That is how ridiculously stupid you guys are being. You are whining and crying and exposing Atlanta for being a very low BBIQ city for crying about .1%.

Assume for a sec Korver took those 3's and hit his normal 45.7% of last year. That would have made 1 point difference in the games. 1 point, that's it. .154 x 1.8 = .83 points.

Now go ahead and tell me how Brand/Millsap/Carroll = Josh like that moronic article the other day tried to do. Those players can't play 1 position all at once. Josh shot 47% last year. at 17 attempts a game...the difference between 50% and 47% is 1 point.

Josh in the rest of his game equaled far more than enough to make up 1 point a game. Just ridiculous. December can't get here fast enough so we can be looking up at Detroit in the standing and everyone on this board is eating crow.

Are you kidding? Josh will cost Detroit games in clutch. Just watch. He wants the ball in his hands, but makes dumb decisions with the ball.

• Premium Member

Josh is going to be brought up in threads about Al and Millsap for the next couple of years probably...Back to recognizing our franchise player though...It took Horford awhile to come back and just get comfortable in his body last year. His numbers were good, especially after the break, but I felt like his jumper wasn't as consistent was it was before his injury. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do next year!

• Like 1

I heard Rick Mahorn on NBATV saying Josh is the perfect fit for the Pistons (who already struggle mightily from the perimeter and spacing the floor) and he'll help the young guys with their "maturity" and that he and Rasheed would be nice for Monroe's and Drummond's development. I had to wonder does he even know who Josh is? I'm anxious to see if Sheed encourages Josh to shoot threes or actually keep it real with him and tell him the hard, honest truth as if nobody has already.

Would Josh take Sheed seriously? Sheed time and time again chose jumpers over his best weapon. It's hard to see Josh accepting that sort of advice from Sheed. Sheed should tank the Hawks for sending him to Detroit because he would be remembered far differently had he not went to Detroit.

Josh is going to be brought up in threads about Al and Millsap for the next couple of years probably...Back to recognizing our franchise player though...It took Horford awhile to come back and just get comfortable in his body last year. His numbers were good, especially after the break, but I felt like his jumper wasn't as consistent was it was before his injury. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do next year!

The season has a lot of questions, but the most important one to this team is this: will Horford cement himself as a top 5 PF/C in the game? I think he's been right there for a year or two now, but next year he becomes a legit top 3 PF going forward IMO, right there with K-Love and Anthony Davis.

There is no mischaracterization and you know it. It can't be simpler than one poster says, "shooting 3's" and I point out he missed 1.8 3's a game. That's a legitimate fact.

That's 33% would have been missing 1.7 3's per game is a legitimate fact and when you have to try and trot out advance stats to refute the difference between 1.7 and 1.8 misses a game you have issues. The difference Smith makes will be shown this season when the Pistons make the playoffs and the Hawks are struggling to get in.

I love my Hawks and I hate what I see as you guys being sold a bag of sand.

Let's try to remember this is the same Danny Ferry that drove Cleveland into the ground.

Let's try to remember that this is the same Danny Ferry that was such a Nancy that when drafted with the 2nd overall pick in the draft opted to go to Italy to avoid playing for the LA Clippers. Danny talks about selfish players and primadonnas and he wouldn't play for the Clips.

The guy was never really liked as a player, isn't trusted by the players and our offseason shows that. When your big press releases are that a 34 year old Elton Brand is replacing Zaza, Millsap is replacing Smith and can't convince a real center to come to Atlanta, you're in trouble, real trouble.

People said that everyone would be crying for JJ back when he was traded also.

Look, the Hawks could lose more games than they did last year. For a number of reasons...

1. The east will be stronger to some degree most likely. Rose will be healthy again, and even Charlotte added Jefferson and they will probably win a few more games.

2. A new coaching staff and a new offense and all of that.

3. This team has turnover a lot of talent now. There is always a chance that chemistry can be really shaky.

4. This team might be worse on the defensive end without Josh, but I don't think they will be worse on offense, and the team will surely be a smarter team this season.

The reality is that despite his talent, Josh Smith is a headcase that wants to "be the man" but he doesn't have the smarts or the offensive ability to do it night in and night out.

Benhillboy, not picking on you but this is the sheep following the herd mentality that loses us franchise players every year.

Josh Smith missed on average 1.8 3 point attempts last year. He made .8. You guys are beating the dead horse of 1.8 misses. If Josh shot the league respectable 33% from 3 last year that would have equaled 1.7 misses.

That is how ridiculously stupid you guys are being. You are whining and crying and exposing Atlanta for being a very low BBIQ city for crying about .1%.

Assume for a sec Korver took those 3's and hit his normal 45.7% of last year. That would have made 1 point difference in the games. 1 point, that's it. .154 x 1.8 = .83 points.

Now go ahead and tell me how Brand/Millsap/Carroll = Josh like that moronic article the other day tried to do. Those players can't play 1 position all at once. Josh shot 47% last year. at 17 attempts a game...the difference between 50% and 47% is 1 point.

Josh in the rest of his game equaled far more than enough to make up 1 point a game. Just ridiculous. December can't get here fast enough so we can be looking up at Detroit in the standing and everyone on this board is eating crow.

campster, I remember arguing with you a lot but this post is top notch. The foolishness on Smoove is crazy. I don't really like Smoove. didn't want him back, etc. But I recognize Smoove is a much better player than many here are giving him credit for and is one of the most talented players in the NBA. He was flawed but he was much more impactful than guys like Brand, Millsap, and Carroll. Sometimes the foolishness of this site is astronomical.

Are you kidding? Josh will cost Detroit games in clutch. Just watch. He wants the ball in his hands, but makes dumb decisions with the ball.

Posted Image some of the many scenarios where he has cost us games in the clutch with his terrible decision making. Im so glad hes gone. No more dumb basketball.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by yungsta