ATLnightwing

Teague

Korver

Millsap

Brand

Horford

Lou

Dennis

Brand is a proven vet that has been playing center lately. Him and Horf can alternate at the center/pf spots. I think this lineup is the most competative lineup we can have. We are only short at the center position this way. the 2004 pistons had 6'9 Ben Wallace as their starting center and 6'11 Rasheed at the PF. We can be similar to that. I mean look at the rest of out starting lineup. We have all vets with a young PG in Teague. I can see this lineup with solid bench production from Dennis and Lou actually playing well and going deep into the playoffs.

Teague

SG tbd

Korver

Millsap

Horford

That is your starters with the starting sg to be earned

My only change is that Korver doesn't start at SF but come off the bench.

Milsap will split minutes at the 3 and 4 horford and brand will split minutes at the 4 and 5.

I with we had a SF with alot of upside and I would love this team but I also know starting Korver isn't a good thing he isn't starter quality but should recieve a good amount of minutes.

Pg Teague

Sg will be earned

Sf will be earned

Pf milsap

C horford

• Moderators

Horf

Millsap

Carroll/ TBD

Korver

Teague

If Ebanks or some other SF is signed, I expect them to start at SF but for now we have Carroll. I hate the idea of Korver at 3 because guys like LBJ, Melo, and even Thad Young would destroy KK's D. KK at 2 makes more sense to me if he has to start. The best situation is for him to come off of the bench with Lou, Carroll and Brand.

Brand

Antić

Carroll

KK

Lou

is one hell of a 2nd unit and probably top 3 bench in the league behind Indy and Brooklyn.

Teague / Dennis

Jenkins / Lou

JYD / Korver

Milsap / Horford

Horford / Brand

Lou (6th man who closes most games) 30 mpg

Brand gets 20 mpg minimum off the bench

Dennis get 15 mpg minimum off the bench to grow

I don't like Milsap as as SF.

If Jenkins struggles......then I start JYD at SG and Korver at SF.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Korver started last year for Atlanta and was our biggest money commitment in the offseason (his total salary on his deal is larger than Millsap's). I don't see it as likely that he is sitting to start games.

• Like 2

Probably going to be

Teague

Korver

Carroll

Milsap

Horford

I like starting a heady player and a hardworker in the question mark positions. I don't like team because we don't have legit players at C, SF, and SG but I will be okay with this lineup until a better C,SG, and SF is had.

Probably going to be

Teague

Korver

Carroll

Milsap

Horford

I like starting a heady player and a hardworker in the question mark positions. I don't like team because we don't have legit players at C, SF, and SG but I will be okay with this lineup until a better C,SG, and SF is had.

Horford isn't a legit player at the 5? He has arguably been the best Center in the East the last 2-3 years.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Horford isn't a legit player at the 5? He has arguably been the best Center in the East the last 2-3 years.

2-time all star selection doesn't make you legit? Oh wait....This is Hawksquawk. Posted Image

Edited by Peoriabird
  • Like 1

AL puts up some good scoring numbers at C cause of his jumpshot and bigs dont want to come out and contest it but he cant handle bigs down low on the other end. When we play him at 5 against bigger/ good rebounding frontcourts we get absolutely destroyed on the boards and are forced to move him to PF and put in Petro/Zaza at the Center to handle the other team's big.

That is why I dont consider AL a legit center. Despite what his offensive numbers say.

• Admin

Korver did a great job last,season...he,was money from 3 and helped force teams to space out and defend us. He hustled all out on defense and yes he isn't a great defender but his,effort is there and he challenges everything. Lebron, Melo and Thad young as pointed out,earlier actually,play more Pf now then sf so we can bring in Judy or another defender to help make up for his diffenciency. Kk will be one of our starters and personally I believe he is more suited to sf then sg.

• Like 2

I think Teague/Korver/Carroll/Millsap/Horford is our best 5-man unit at this point. I don't know much about Carroll myself, but I know Utah fans loved him. Sounds like he's the SF version of Ivan Johnson. Maybe (hopefully) better. That's a hard-working, high energy lineup. We need to acquire another SF, though.

Korver started last year for Atlanta and was our biggest money commitment in the offseason (his total salary on his deal is larger than Millsap's). I don't see it as likely that he is sitting to start games.

Agreed...if anything I think KK will have a larger role in the offense this coming season. Not just as a guy taking more shots - but maybe running some "inside-out-back inside" plays.

As far as Milsap not being a "3"..well he's done it some before and we started the Duckster at SF for years. What little Paul Mislap may give up in terms of quickness to Marvin...he certainly can make up with BB savvy.

I'll take Milsap at the 3 over Marvin any day - any game.

Edited by Marilyn

Agreed...if anything I think KK will have a larger role in the offense this coming season. Not just as a guy taking more shots - but maybe running some "inside-out-back inside" plays.

As far as Milsap not being a "3"..well he's done it some before and we started the Duckster at SF for years. What little Paul Mislap may give up in terms of quickness to Marvin...he certainly can make up with BB savvy.

I'll take Milsap at the 3 over Marvin any day - any game.

Just because you can do something for a few minutes here n' there doesn't mean you should be doing it all the time. Milsap is a PF, plain and simple. Despite his shortcomings, Marvin was/is a legit SF. I don't get the comparison.

Edited by WakaFlocka
  • Like 1