• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pero's Up to His Old Antics

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

He's playing for FYROM in something called a "Basketball Supercup" tournament, which can only be so super when there's just four countries competing. I think it's in Germany somewhere.

Anyway, his squad (including the well-traveled Bo McCalebb - Al Horford knows who he is) beat Greece 77-75, Antić scored 16 points (including the game-clinching hoop and free throw) and grabbed 10 rebounds.

http://www.basketball-bund.de/news/teams/a-herren/supercup-mazedonien-bezwingt-griechenland-129627

http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game.aspx?acc=3&gameID=19796&lng=de

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

He's playing for FYROM in something called a "Basketball Supercup" tournament, which can only be so super when there's just four countries competing.

I guess thats a bit like the NBA "World Champions", yet only teams from two countries.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Rough first half for Pero in FYROM's first Eurobasket 2013 match against Montenegro. 1-for-3 (two of the shots were three-point attempts, uh-oh) and 5 turnovers. But one of those threes was a nearly half-court heave at the buzzer to give his squad a one-point lead! Nikola Vucevic of the Magic is playing for the Montenegrins.

~lw3

• Moderators

2-for-6 from three-point range from Pero... so of course they lose by one point! lol Hope that's not ominous. Somebody in Detroit just snorted a laugh.

Also 5 TOs (none in the second half) and 5 fouls to go with his 8 points and 6 boards over 35 minutes of burn. Not much action on the other end from Vucevic (9 points and 2 rebs in 14 minutes).

A new back tat for the big guy, too. Dude's got a long way to go in the backne department if he ever hopes to catch up to Zaza...

http://sarma.mk/vesti/sport/24536/pero-Antić-dopisha-macedonian-warrior/

~lw3

• Moderators

Not much to write home about for the Macedonians, falling to 0-2 with a loss to favored Lithuania. Pero led the team with 12 and 8. Still lobbing threes (2-for-5 on 3FGs)

http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/default.asp?cid={221A6A0E-D8D6-4016-B84F-1CC6CF17A09F}&compID={D166E39E-2323-4863-B229-76357A926FA2}&season=2013&roundID=8722&gameID=8732-B-6-2

But amidst the high number of fouls and missed shots emerged the smooth outside touches of F.Y.R of Macedonian big men Pero Antić, Gjorgji Chekovski and Todor Gechevski.

~lw3

• Moderators

Pero's still jacking up threes (0-for-3 3FG) so far, but somehow FYROM's got a decent lead against the Serbians. 6 rebounds in the first half so far.

Player of the Day in Eurobasket is probably our own Sergiy Gladyr (25 points) pulling out a win for Ukraine over Germany. He and the Ukranian team are being coached by the Czar of the Telestrator, Mike Fratello.

~lw3

I'm in Africa most of this month and I've been able to catch some of these games live on the local sports networks. Pero is a determined jacker, but he gets in the paint to nab rebounds and play physical ball. Yes, the 3 point jacks have to stop, that 1-9 performance was stupid, but I liked his work around the basket and on the boards.

Bottom line: he's an 8-12 minute guy in the NBA

• Like 1

I'm in Africa most of this month and I've been able to catch some of these games live on the local sports networks. Pero is a determined jacker, but he gets in the paint to nab rebounds and play physical ball. Yes, the 3 point jacks have to stop, that 1-9 performance was stupid, but I liked his work around the basket and on the boards.

Bottom line: he's an 8-12 minute guy in the NBA

So are we saying he's Josh's replacement?

BTW - clever play on words in the title of this thread which I finally got. Before reading it I thought he was up to his old tricks of stealing teammates GFs and borrowing money from them and not paying it back.

Edited by Randy
  • Like 1