• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game Day: Falcons @ Dolphins

Admin

Haha. It was on CBS. They do the AFC. They get paid to do analysis. And they don't know what they're talking about ? Get over yourself. You're still talking about Andrew Luck ? Get over that too. They just beat a good Niners team for the record, but I'm not going down that road with you.PS. Since you seem to be harping on the whole second coming thing like its important, Ill spell it out for you...again. S-A-R-C-A-S-M

Wow you're getting worse. The game was on Fox there genius. You know, the Network who airs a Dolphins game about once a year. The guys who called the Dolphins game have NEVER called a Dolphins game either. And Tim Ruan, the analyst, was a defensive lineman so excuse me if I wouldn't trust his QB evaluation, were he have said anything remotely close to what you've claimed about them simplifying the offense for Tannehill. But you can't even get the network right so I'm not sure you know how to listen to an analysis anyway.And sure it was sarcasm but the point remains that you claim I've talked Tannehill up like he's a great QB or on Matt Ryan's level when neither are true. Yeah Luck is awesome because he beat San Fran in their house so by the transitive property that means that Tannehill is...? Go ahead try and see if you understand that one.

You think Roddy can get back to what he was? He's been a top notch WR for a long time but he's in his 9th year and I know he's injured but he doesn't look like he's the same player that he once was. This is looking like it will be the 4th straight year that his receptions and TD's will decrease. Then you've got Tony G who's nowhere near the player he was once. Douglas is very talented and from the games I've watched of him it looks like he should have a bigger role in the offense.

Whoa whoa whoa....roddy white is my favorite falcon and one of my favorites of all time so I'm gonna let you slide on that one but that's your only warning lol. But seriously his receptions and tds may dip bc you have the emergence of Julio but I'm fine with that...when tony came and took away some of his redzone targets his tds may have dropped some, you have to factor in things like that when looking at him. Even with that the guy still had 92 catches 1351 yards last year...I'll take that all day everyday. The thing is he nor tony need to be what they once were...you have the beast that is Julio lined up on the other side with a qb that's getting better and better and a stable of running backs that are very versatile in what they can do and can all protect the qb pretty damn good. Harry is a good weapon but again the focus of this offense now is Julio. When roddy gets healthy...yes he will be by the end of the year and that's l that matters to me...it will be damn near impossible to stop us. Double Julio? Double tony? Leave roddy one on one? Stack the box for sjax/quizz/snell? Lbacker on Harry? Toilolo in the redzone? You really have no idea how much roddy being out is affecting us....that's Matt's number one guy. This is a different team with him

I get the network wrong so I must not have been listening to the analysis or even watching for that matter! Tannehill just played great the WHOLE game and everything is his offensive lines fault. He's also excellent at reading defenses, there's no need to roll him out of the pocket to make his reads quicker and easier. He doesn't hold the ball too long, that's his blockers fault. Everything is everybody else's fault. Tannehill has no weaknesses. Whatever. You know more about football than a former player because you watch Dolphins games. Whatever. I'm leaning with the analysis, especially when they can actually show me what they are talking about. Arm chair experts always think they know more than the professionals. For the record, I don't care about the Colts or Luck.

My God you are clueless. Sorry but you didn't even know the network so I highly doubt you saw anything that actually mattered.But go ahead and act like I didn't say Tannehill holds the ball too long and takes too many sacks. I've only said it probably 5 times this thread. And sorry but just because a former NFL scrub gets paid to call a game doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about. But please, I beg you, give me an example in the game where they said that Miami had to simplify their offense for Tannehill. You know, the offense he's been running since college. And yeah you absolutely qualify for arm chair, but expert does not fit at all. You'd get your ass laughed straight off the Dolphins board for claiming that they guy who knows the offense as well as the OC and who hits guys all over the field had to have it simplified for him.But please for the love of God give me ONE example in the game of where the great announcers, who named at least 3 players completely incorrectly, said the offense has been simplified for Tannehill.Convenient that when Miami and Tannehill go into Lucks house and beat him and then beat your boy Ryan that you no longer care to stand on your high horse of how much better Luck is.So until you can back up any of this trash you're talking, I'm done with you.

Whoa whoa whoa....roddy white is my favorite falcon and one of my favorites of all time so I'm gonna let you slide on that one but that's your only warning lol. But seriously his receptions and tds may dip bc you have the emergence of Julio but I'm fine with that...when tony came and took away some of his redzone targets his tds may have dropped some, you have to factor in things like that when looking at him. Even with that the guy still had 92 catches 1351 yards last year...I'll take that all day everyday. The thing is he nor tony need to be what they once were...you have the beast that is Julio lined up on the other side with a qb that's getting better and better and a stable of running backs that are very versatile in what they can do and can all protect the qb pretty damn good. Harry is a good weapon but again the focus of this offense now is Julio. When roddy gets healthy...yes he will be by the end of the year and that's l that matters to me...it will be damn near impossible to stop us. Double Julio? Double tony? Leave roddy one on one? Stack the box for sjax/quizz/snell? Lbacker on Harry? Toilolo in the redzone? You really have no idea how much roddy being out is affecting us....that's Matt's number one guy. This is a different team with him

You'd know Roddy a lot better than me since you have watched all of his games... Which is a lesson someone should learn... But I'm just wondering if age and mileage hasn't taken a toll on him. He had a great year last year but he's in his 9th year and not getting younger. Every WR begins to slow down at some point. As to Tony I don't think he's got it anymore and it sounds like he's regretting not retiring since he's do certain of it this coming season. I doubt he will see any double coverage and probably the only one who will would he Julio, who may be the best WR in the game.

Now you want to talk about a guy who knows QBs, Jon Gruden is among the best. He says Tannehill is right there with Russell Wilson, he can do it all and he's a star on the rise. I'll trust his opinion over a former scrub DL guy who's never called a Tannehill game.

BTW Gruden has spent a lot of 1 on 1 time with Tannehill, between his pre-draft QB camp and time in the offseason so he knows him well.

http://c.espnradio.com/s:5L8r1/audio/1910494/audiomikeandmike_2013-09-25-074134.48b.mp3

• Like 1

I understand what you're saying but guys Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson are still getting at done with more years on them than roddy. He's never been a guy that tried to rely on his speed to beat corners...although he ran a 4.4 out of college just like Wayne and Johnson....he's been that guy that ran precise routes and was always physical with corners. He uses his hands a lot...he may get away with a lot of pi but hey he's a veteran that learned those tricks and ways to get away with it....and those guys play the same way. And the other thing that I've been saying about him is that he doesn't exactly have to be what he once was, he has always been our number one, we don't need that now. As a number 2 receiver I don't think you can find me a better one in the league.

And again when it comes to tony he's still the most effective in the red zone. Not really bc he's that big of a threat but bc trams still treat him like he is. He gets doubled every trip inside the red zone and that opens things up for everybody else once we're healthy. Roddy is a 3rd machine and so is tony...but now people are just keying in on tiny with roddy not out there and it takes away from what we can do. Just wait until we're healthy an we'll revisit this.

You could very well be right about them. They just seem a little slower than they were, but they're going to get respect no doubt. I think you have a better weapon in that 6'8" TE in the red zone. I mean seriously who can cover that guy one on one?

That exactly what I was hoping for when we drafted him....in the red zone he creates such a mismatch at 6'8. And he's definitely going to be an afterthought for defenses. He was the starter at Stanford in front of fleener and Ertz before an acl injury. but anywho the guy could definitely develop into something special. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

That exactly what I was hoping for when we drafted him....in the red zone he creates such a mismatch at 6'8. And he's definitely going to be an afterthought for defenses. He was the starter at Stanford in front of fleener and Ertz before an acl injury. but anywho the guy could definitely develop into something special. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I think that's probably part of why they wanted Gonzo to come back, to mentor him. If he was ahead of Fleener and Ertz he must be very talented because both of those guys are going to have really good NFL careers.

Nah this Tannehill can't read a defense at all. Well maybe not according to some on here, but according to Jon Gruden he can and according to Brian Baldinger he can as he got the NFL Drive of the Week.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/0ap2000000250184/Drive-of-the-Week-Ryan-Tannehill-comes-of-age

Tannehill was 9/12 on the drive (75%) and 15/23 (65%) the rest of the game... which apparently isn't considered all that good by some on here.

And the NFL Network crew give their praise to the poised young QB Ryan Tannehill.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000249110/GameDay-Falcons-vs-Dolphins-highlights

Anyway, I've said enough and I'll let Tannehill speak for himself with his play from here on out and we'll revisit this in the future.

• Like 1

Nah this Tannehill can't read a defense at all. Well maybe not according to some on here, but according to Jon Gruden he can and according to Brian Baldinger he can as he got the NFL Drive of the Week. http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/0ap2000000250184/Drive-of-the-Week-Ryan-Tannehill-comes-of-age Tannehill was 9/12 on the drive (75%) and 15/23 (65%) the rest of the game... which apparently isn't considered all that good by some on here. And the NFL Network crew give their praise to the poised young QB Ryan Tannehill. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000249110/GameDay-Falcons-vs-Dolphins-highlights Anyway, I've said enough and I'll let Tannehill speak for himself with his play from here on out and we'll revisit this in the future.

He looked damn good to me. Shocked me to be honest.

Sorry I joined this party late. I was in Vegas for the weekend betting on my beloved Dolphins, along with a lot of other games. A homer bet. So proud of the Fins. If you looked at the box score you would have had no clue the Dolphins won. What's great about the win, is that good teams find ways to win games they shouldn't have won. Another building block for the Dolphins the team is upcoming and building momentum as the season continues.

• Like 1

Sorry I joined this party late. I was in Vegas for the weekend betting on my beloved Dolphins, along with a lot of other games. A homer bet. So proud of the Fins. If you looked at the box score you would have had no clue the Dolphins won. What's great about the win, is that good teams find ways to win games they shouldn't have won. Another building block for the Dolphins the team is upcoming and building momentum as the season continues.

You're a better man than me. No way I'd ever bet on my own team, especially not in a game like this past one against a team who's owned us the past few times we've played. Earlier in the week I was feeling like we had no shot against New Orleans but the closer we get the better I feel about our chances, especially if our rookie corners finally get a chance to play this week and provide us some much needed depth.

Nervous about the game myself. I do like how some of our injured guys are going to play this week (Wake and Solia). I just know its hard to beat the Saints at home, just like the Falcons. It will be another good test. Let's keep proving the critics wrong. The team has just been fun to watch so far this year and I have found myself as excited as I have ever been to watch the games each week. Who Dat beat the Saints - Dolphins just did on Monday night. Let's do it!

Nervous about the game myself. I do like how some of our injured guys are going to play this week (Wake and Solia). I just know its hard to beat the Saints at home, just like the Falcons. It will be another good test. Let's keep proving the critics wrong. The team has just been fun to watch so far this year and I have found myself as excited as I have ever been to watch the games each week. Who Dat beat the Saints - Dolphins just did on Monday night. Let's do it!

Please for the love of god beat the saints I beg of you

My God you are clueless. Sorry but you didn't even know the network so I highly doubt you saw anything that actually mattered.But go ahead and act like I didn't say Tannehill holds the ball too long and takes too many sacks. I've only said it probably 5 times this thread. And sorry but just because a former NFL scrub gets paid to call a game doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about. But please, I beg you, give me an example in the game where they said that Miami had to simplify their offense for Tannehill. You know, the offense he's been running since college. And yeah you absolutely qualify for arm chair, but expert does not fit at all. You'd get your ass laughed straight off the Dolphins board for claiming that they guy who knows the offense as well as the OC and who hits guys all over the field had to have it simplified for him.But please for the love of God give me ONE example in the game of where the great announcers, who named at least 3 players completely incorrectly, said the offense has been simplified for Tannehill.Convenient that when Miami and Tannehill go into Lucks house and beat him and then beat your boy Ryan that you no longer care to stand on your high horse of how much better Luck is.So until you can back up any of this trash you're talking, I'm done with you.

He did not play well the WHOLE game. That's the point before it got lost in your antics. That's my theory as to why Smith didn't go for it on 4th down, because he did not think he would take his team down the field. At which point, you compared his game to Ryan's and the whole point was lost in your homer mind.