• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game Day: Falcons @ Dolphins

Admin

You're a homer obviously. I gave an honest assessment of what I saw. He didn't look good until the end of the game, when he looked really good. And I'm hating Dolfan ? You're trying to paint Tannehill as the second coming, but from the outside looking in he was fairly average until the end which is important because he did win the game for his team and played well when it mattered. If you would think rationally, you could have gotten that from my posts, but because you're so far gone I guess I have to spell it out for you.

I guess Matt Ryan was outstanding in this game huh? Because they were pretty much equals in this game except Tannehill won the game and Ryan didn't.

I gave an honest assessment and said that Ryan held the ball too much, took sacks, etc. but that makes me a homer. Ok. Please show me a single quote where I've said anything remotely where Tannehill is the second coming or anything close to that. I'll wait.

• Moderators

Tannehill looked just like Ryan has for years now. Pretty good showing and got it done when it counted. Ryan didn't have his mojo on sunday. There were times that Tannehill didn't look good for sure but I can't say he was worse than Ryan. Ryan didn't get it done.

Tannehill looked just like Ryan has for years now. Pretty good showing and got it done when it counted. Ryan didn't have his mojo on sunday. There were times that Tannehill didn't look good for sure but I can't say he was worse than Ryan. Ryan didn't get it done.

Exactly, they had pretty much equal games, difference being that Tannehill won the game and Ryan didn't. Not blaming Ryan entirely as I think the Falcons D and especially the scheme on the final drive of the 2nd and 4th quarters were more to blame than Ryan failing, but when Tannehill had time he was extremely accurate and that shows with his nearly 70% completion percentage, which is impressive when you realize Miami doesn't run screens and doesn't throw a lot of check down passes and neither of our backs can block worth a crap.

Really I'm not overreacting to one game...I love coach smith and want him here, I appreciate everything he's brought to this franchise but I'm just speaking truth. He's become extra conservative. Hopefully these losses brings that fire back out of him bc I want nothing more than for this team to win a super bowl and we need him to be at his best to do that. As far as tannehill goes he did play well besides the 1st quarter. He doesn't have the greatest pocket awareness but he'll learn. And I do remember him being rather athletic so I don't understand y he doesn't take off more...he could be so much more of a threat if he did that. Hartline is better than I thought as well. Clay definitely can develop into being a big threat, I think it's kind of a good thing that Keller went down for yall bc u can really see what clay can bring to the table.

Really I'm not overreacting to one game...I love coach smith and want him here, I appreciate everything he's brought to this franchise but I'm just speaking truth. He's become extra conservative. Hopefully these losses brings that fire back out of him bc I want nothing more than for this team to win a super bowl and we need him to be at his best to do that. As far as tannehill goes he did play well besides the 1st quarter. He doesn't have the greatest pocket awareness but he'll learn. And I do remember him being rather athletic so I don't understand y he doesn't take off more...he could be so much more of a threat if he did that. Hartline is better than I thought as well. Clay definitely can develop into being a big threat, I think it's kind of a good thing that Keller went down for yall bc u can really see what clay can bring to the table.

How many games in a row now have the Falcons gotten a big 1st half lead, only to allow the other team to make a run in the 2nd half? It's crazy how good the Falcons could be if they had a coach like Bellicheat who would keep the foot on the gas and not let the other team in it. Smith is a quality coach but there's really no excuse for letting these other teams back into the game. Far too much talent on both sides of the ball, but especially on offense where 30+ points should be the standard every game.

I will say this about Matt Ryan though and I think it's why I didn't see him as a top QB last year and that is that he's being held back as watching him these past 6 weeks he's incredibly intelligent and sees coverage so well. He's probably got the prettiest deep ball in the league and maybe has the best WR in the league to throw to. If that 6'8 TE ends up becoming a player I expect your offense will continue to be deadly long after Gonzo is gone... who BTW is nowhere near what he used to be but because of his reputation he still draws a lot of attention. But he's not the TE who put up 6 TDs against Miami in his last 4 games against us that's for sure.

No doubt Tannehill has poor pocket awareness and a lot of room to grow. Mike Sherman, our offensive coordinator, says that Tannehill is almost too poised in the pocket and doesn't always sense the pressure until it's too late. I hope that's correctable but it might not be. I'd rather have that than a guy who has the yips and throws the ball into coverage when feeling pressure but neither are ideal.

Yes the Keller injury is giving Clay a chance to prove himself and I hope he takes it and runs with it, but Keller and Tannehill had great chemistry from day 1 and that trio together could have been pretty good as they had a lot of sets with Keller at TE and Clay split out wide that would have given teams fits. But while this is giving Clay a chance, it's really giving our rookie Sims a chance. He's from Michigan State and has a lot of size and incredible athleticism for a guy his size. He's the one who caught the game winning TD with 1 arm... but he's also the one who totally whiffed on the block earlier in the game and got Tannehill rocked and caused the fumble. I think that was the start of the 3rd quarter.

Dolfan, I'd take the trade-off I hope yall knock off the aints off their cloud, and we can do the same against NE.

That would be sweet! I think we will give them a game but I'd be surprised if Miami wins in New Orleans in a Monday night game. I think the lights will be too bright for our young team but who knows. Atlanta should beat the Pats as I really don't think they're that good. The D is tough but secondary are the weakness and the receivers are suspect. This is a must win game for Atlanta as well at 1-2.

I guess Matt Ryan was outstanding in this game huh? Because they were pretty much equals in this game except Tannehill won the game and Ryan didn't. I gave an honest assessment and said that Ryan held the ball too much, took sacks, etc. but that makes me a homer. Ok. Please show me a single quote where I've said anything remotely where Tannehill is the second coming or anything close to that. I'll wait.

I wasn't responding to your assessment of Ryan. Quite frankly, it isn't fair to compare a second year QB to a vet, but I could definitely see the difference even though you all did win. Ryan can read defenses and make adjustments as well as any QB in the league and it showed. Also, Miami'scoaches gave Tannehill easy reads to put him in a position to succeed. A lot of the sacks Tannehill got wouldn't have happened to Ryan because he sees blitzes coming and has been that way since his BC days. But no, Ryan had a fairly average game and finished it off with a horrible throw. My thing was he did nothing impressive to make Smith believe he could take his team down the field the way he did to win the game. Which is where this all started, remember ?

That's exactly my point....it's become a trend now but Im confident we can change it. Tiny isn't what he used to be but he doesn't need to be in this offense once everybody is fully healthy. Matt hasn't been getting enough time from the line for routes to develop to be able to throw it deep enough this year. He gets the ball out extremely quick which makes our offensive line look a lil better than they really are.

I wasn't responding to your assessment of Ryan. Quite frankly, it isn't fair to compare a second year QB to a vet, but I could definitely see the difference even though you all did win. Ryan can read defenses and make adjustments as well as any QB in the league and it showed. Also, Miami'scoaches gave Tannehill easy reads to put him in a position to succeed. A lot of the sacks Tannehill got wouldn't have happened to Ryan because he sees blitzes coming and has been that way since his BC days. But no, Ryan had a fairly average game and finished it off with a horrible throw. My thing was he did nothing impressive to make Smith believe he could take his team down the field the way he did to win the game. Which is where this all started, remember ?

Nothing you are saying makes sense here. Quite frankly. But to play along, I've never once thought that Tannehill would be able to read a defense like Matt Ryan, who's played QB his entire life. Tannehill had 16 college starts at QB and now has 19 in the NFL. Ryan had more than that in college alone, probably double that. And you know, if Miami had such easy reads for Tannehill, why weren't the Falcons able to defend them? You act like this is the Chad Pennington dink and dunk offense of 2-5 yard throws when the truth is that Tannehill was going 10-20 yards on the vast majority of his throws.

Still waiting for you to show me where I've said Tannehill is the second coming, or anything close to that.

That's exactly my point....it's become a trend now but Im confident we can change it. Tiny isn't what he used to be but he doesn't need to be in this offense once everybody is fully healthy. Matt hasn't been getting enough time from the line for routes to develop to be able to throw it deep enough this year. He gets the ball out extremely quick which makes our offensive line look a lil better than they really are.

That's a good point that Ryan is taking a lot of quick plays and he is very good at reading a defense and knowing where they're blitzing and then going to his check down in that area. I thought your line looked really good in the game in both pass pro and run blocking, but they struggled some in the 4th and especially once Dion Jordan came into the game, but that's not too crazy since apparently he's leading all 4-3 DE's in the % of plays where he's getting to the QB. He didn't play much in the game but he's the one who hit Ryan's arm on that INT to end the game.

Take the kid gloves off of Matt and give him more control of the offense....Please!!!!!

Seems as if Mike Smith has difficulties with in-game adjustments after the half....Get it together!!!

Nothing you are saying makes sense here. Quite frankly. But to play along, I've never once thought that Tannehill would be able to read a defense like Matt Ryan, who's played QB his entire life. Tannehill had 16 college starts at QB and now has 19 in the NFL. Ryan had more than that in college alone, probably double that. And you know, if Miami had such easy reads for Tannehill, why weren't the Falcons able to defend them? You act like this is the Chad Pennington dink and dunk offense of 2-5 yard throws when the truth is that Tannehill was going 10-20 yards on the vast majority of his throws. Still waiting for you to show me where I've said Tannehill is the second coming, or anything close to that.

Well, when I offer an assessment of the game and how it went you immediately compare him to Matt Ryan(You went there, not me). Then act like what I'm saying is so farfetched when I watched the entire game including the replays where CBS commentators gave examples of everything I said.There's more than one way to simplify an offense. Like rolling the QB to one side of the field to give him LESS to read. So if it doesn't make sense, you need to go back and rewatch the game. The WHOLE game.

Take the kid gloves off of Matt and give him more control of the offense....Please!!!!!Seems as if Mike Smith has difficulties with in-game adjustments after the half....Get it together!!!

Like another poster said, its only so much you can do with this offensive line.

That's a good point that Ryan is taking a lot of quick plays and he is very good at reading a defense and knowing where they're blitzing and then going to his check down in that area. I thought your line looked really good in the game in both pass pro and run blocking, but they struggled some in the 4th and especially once Dion Jordan came into the game, but that's not too crazy since apparently he's leading all 4-3 DE's in the % of plays where he's getting to the QB. He didn't play much in the game but he's the one who hit Ryan's arm on that INT to end the game.

The fact that Ryan is good at reading the D, making adjustments, and getting rid of the ball is the reason our offensive line looks much better than what it is. Snellings one cut and go style is what helped him against you all. That and the fact that your guys were making poor attempts at tackles. Rodgers shiftiness got him out of a few negative plays too.

Yeah rodgers should have been stuffed behind the line of scrimmage a couple of times but wiggled his way out of it. Our line did better but they still need to improve. When they get it together and roddy comes back 100% the offense will open up so much and that's when I think we'll easily he putting up 34 a game...no reason this team can't score 17 per half when healthy. Get into the playoffs...that's all we need to be worried about and I think this seasoning than any they'll be equipped to take it all the way. We've tested our depth and seen that guys can actually get the job done when called upon, only makes us stronger down the stretch.

Well, when I offer an assessment of the game and how it went you immediately compare him to Matt Ryan(You went there, not me). Then act like what I'm saying is so farfetched when I watched the entire game including the replays where CBS commentators gave examples of everything I said.There's more than one way to simplify an offense. Like rolling the QB to one side of the field to give him LESS to read. So if it doesn't make sense, you need to go back and rewatch the game. The WHOLE game.

Stop trying to tell me what Miami does when you've watched 1 freaking game of them. I can give you countless examples of where OUR fans have talked about the need to roll Tannehill out, not because he can't read a defense (which he does quite well BTW) but because our line can't block for crap. And I could give a good damn less what a couple of Fox announcers who don't even know the name of half of the Miami players says when breaking down plays. When you've got Gruden or someone who actually knows something about QB's talking about them then by all means I'll go with that but Tim Ryan and whoever the other guy was I could care less... and even then I don't hear them talking about Miami simplifying their offense for Tannehill. But keep talking crap like you know ANYTHING about Miami's offense. That would be like me telling you about the Falcons offense when I've only watched a handful of their games.

Still waiting for you to give me an example of where I said Tannehill is the second coming, or anything close.

Oh and I'd LOVE to hear how great Andrew Luck is as well and how much better he is than Tannehill. Tell me all about that again please. Oh wait, you can't since Tannehill has better stats on the year and went into Luck's house and beat a more talented Colts team, including a 4th quarter drive to take the lead and win the game.

Yeah rodgers should have been stuffed behind the line of scrimmage a couple of times but wiggled his way out of it. Our line did better but they still need to improve. When they get it together and roddy comes back 100% the offense will open up so much and that's when I think we'll easily he putting up 34 a game...no reason this team can't score 17 per half when healthy. Get into the playoffs...that's all we need to be worried about and I think this seasoning than any they'll be equipped to take it all the way. We've tested our depth and seen that guys can actually get the job done when called upon, only makes us stronger down the stretch.

You think Roddy can get back to what he was? He's been a top notch WR for a long time but he's in his 9th year and I know he's injured but he doesn't look like he's the same player that he once was. This is looking like it will be the 4th straight year that his receptions and TD's will decrease. Then you've got Tony G who's nowhere near the player he was once. Douglas is very talented and from the games I've watched of him it looks like he should have a bigger role in the offense.

Stop trying to tell me what Miami does when you've watched 1 freaking game of them. I can give you countless examples of where OUR fans have talked about the need to roll Tannehill out, not because he can't read a defense (which he does quite well BTW) but because our line can't block for crap. And I could give a good damn less what a couple of Fox announcers who don't even know the name of half of the Miami players says when breaking down plays. When you've got Gruden or someone who actually knows something about QB's talking about them then by all means I'll go with that but Tim Ryan and whoever the other guy was I could care less... and even then I don't hear them talking about Miami simplifying their offense for Tannehill. But keep talking crap like you know ANYTHING about Miami's offense. That would be like me telling you about the Falcons offense when I've only watched a handful of their games. Still waiting for you to give me an example of where I said Tannehill is the second coming, or anything close. Oh and I'd LOVE to hear how great Andrew Luck is as well and how much better he is than Tannehill. Tell me all about that again please. Oh wait, you can't since Tannehill has better stats on the year and went into Luck's house and beat a more talented Colts team, including a 4th quarter drive to take the lead and win the game.

Haha. It was on CBS. They do the AFC. They get paid to do analysis. And they don't know what they're talking about ? Get over yourself. You're still talking about Andrew Luck ? Get over that too. They just beat a good Niners team for the record, but I'm not going down that road with you.PS. Since you seem to be harping on the whole second coming thing like its important, Ill spell it out for you...again. S-A-R-C-A-S-M Edited by EazyRoc