• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would be your perfect Off-Season for the Braves?

ATLHawks3

Perfect for me would be re-signing McCann!

I'd personally let him walk. He's getting up their in age, and has become to injury prone recently. Plus his performance has been declining since 2011. Instead I would use that money on locking up Freeman, Kimbrel, Heyward, and Minor, because they represent the future.

I'd personally let him walk. He's getting up their in age, and has become to injury prone recently. Plus his performance has been declining since 2011. Instead I would use that money on locking up Freeman, Kimbrel, Heyward, and Minor, because they represent the future.

Keep in mind that re-signing McCann at all costs is coming from a Yankees fan who wants no part of the Yankees signing McCann. So in a perfect world (for me) he will be a Brave next year!

• Like 1

Nah it is time to let McCann go. He defense has never been anything special and isn't the hitter he once was. He is a great team leader though. I think we are fine in the team leader department with Freeman and Heyward leading the way.

I would say try to get David Price. I am guessing we will likely bring Huddy back though. I think the price tag for Price will be too rich in terms of prospects and contract.

Saw a rumor of Brandon Phillips perhaps being available. He has 4 years and $50-$60 Million left on his deal though. If you throw Uggla and a moderate prospect into that deal. I wouldn't mind us bringing him in. Not sure what Eric contract situation is. I would like to see him return.

Other then that I can't really think of anything for the Braves to do.

Edited by Braves

Nah it is time to let McCann go. He defense has never been anything special and isn't the hitter he once was. He is a great team leader though. I think we are fine in the team leader department with Freeman and Heyward leading the way.

I would say try to get David Price. I am guessing we will likely bring Huddy back though. I think the price tag for Price will be too rich in terms of prospects and contract.

Saw a rumor of Brandon Phillips perhaps being available. He has 4 years and $50-$60 Million left on his deal though. If you throw Uggla and a moderate prospect into that deal. I wouldn't mind us bringing him in. Not sure what Eric contract situation is. I would like to see him return.

Other then that I can't really think of anything for the Braves to do.

Don't do that deal for Phillips. He's already 32 and by the time his deal ends, he's going to be 36 and we'll be paying him over 14 million. Don't pay trade for a player who needs 2 of the best on base players to perform. (Alla Dan Uggla). Again, get rid of Dan's contract and focus more of the money on resigning our homegrown talent, Heyward, Freeman, Kimbrel, Minor, and find a real ace pitcher.

Edited by ATLHawks3

Elliot Johnson is definitely NOT the answer at 2B, I'd rather keep and start Uggla over him. Tommy La Stella is a name to keep an eye on. He's rising up the Braves prospect rankings and keeps hitting every stop he makes. With a strong spring training, he could grab the 2B job - similar to what Gattis did last year.

As nice as it'd be to get a true #1 starter, I don't see that happening. Resigning Hudson is much more realistic as we continue to see what we have in Minor, Teheran, Medlen, and Beachy (if he can stay healthy).

I remember when we traded for Ugs there was an article that showed 2nd basemen decline quickly in their early 30s. Thus, while I initially liked the idea of Phillips, I think it is a bad idea now. We already have seen how quick a guy can go in the tank at 2nd in Ugs, why repeat the same mistake?

One thing we know about Wren is he'll over react to a perceived weakness. He seems to do this every season. Starting pitching is weak; bring in 6-7 starters (hence you get Derek Lowe, Kinshin Kamakawi, to go along with Huddy, and the homegrown talent). Next was right handed hitting and we get Ugs and BJ. There are a couple of other examples, but the point is Wren will make multiple moves to fix the problem at 2nd. Hopefully no more Janish or E Johnson. What the fix there is, I'm not sure, but I hope it isn't Phillips.

Problem with this team is that our starting rotation is a whole bunch of of #2 starters. We really lack that true ace that can put us over the top. I wouldn't be mad if we traded some of our top prospects for a guy like David Price. It may seem unrealistic, but he's a game changer.