• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks now the 3rd best team in the division?

ATLscrubLove

Suns sending Gortat, lee, Brown and Marshall to Wiz for Okakor and 2014 1st round pick, source tells Y!

Gortat

Nene

Otto Porter

Beal

Wall

Their bench isn't all that terrible either... The Wiz are on the rise. Btw the Suns now have 4 FIRST ROUND PICKS in next years draft.

Edited by ATLscrubLove

That was a nice haul for the Wizards....... Sadly, we are the 3rd best team in the division.

Ferry will be involved in trade talks this year. We need to trade the Bulls for Charlotte's first round pick... Need a high pick in this draft.

The Wizards got better. You can tell Grunfeld's feeling the pressure to win now. Phoenix is in such a great situation with all those draft picks man. The new GM they recently hired is getting it done so far.

• Moderators

Meh, not just yet. They're back at about the same place they were before they found out Okafor was going to miss a lot of the season with that neck injury.

DC still needs one of the youngster frontcourt players (Vesely? Porter? Seraphin? Booker?) to step up significantly (especially on defense) while backing up Nene and Gortat to inch into second place. Emphasis on the word, "still," since we've been saying this for a couple years now. John Wall eventually finding a jumper will help, too, but with Beal and Webster around, it's not crucial.

This IS a playoff team, though (sorry, Toronto!)

~lw3

• Like 1

Ferry will be involved in trade talks this year. We need to trade the Bulls for Charlotte's first round pick... Need a high pick in this draft.

Someone pointed out previously that the Charlotte pick is lottery protected until 2016.

• Moderators

Any takers for the players the Wiz will probably cut loose in order to get down to 15? (in lieu of Mack, that is?)

Shannon the Cannon, anyone? Bring some Monica fans to the arena, hmmm? Maybe as a holdover until Lou gets healthy?

Developing Kendall Marshall would seem kinda redundant (becuase Schröder) and a time-waster. He's a DMV guy so maybe they'll keep him after all.

I got nothing on Malcolm Lee. And have vowed silence on Glen Rice Junior.

~lw3

the wizards rotation if anyone happens to care.

Wall / Maynor / MarshallBeal / Webster / RiceAriza / Porter / BrownNene / Harrington / VesleyGortat / Seraphin / Booker

That team should be better than the Hawks. This team has nothing at SG and SF and Teague's effectiveness is going to be more questionable than ever. While Josh Smith made a lot of mistakes, he still made some plays and now the Hawks have one less play maker in the starting line up and now Teague's bad defense will stick out worse than ever.

The Suns seem to understand that if you're not a contender this year, you want to make sure you don't end up in the middle. I wish the Hawks understood this.

I don't think it's that they don't understand, I think it's more about them being content with being in the middle and hoping they get lucky.

Who said they were getting waived? That team added depth, and have now solidified a spot in the 6-8 seeds.

• Premium Member

I don't think it's that they don't understand, I think it's more about them being content with being in the middle and hoping they get lucky.

That would be even worse. As so many have said, this is not the year that you want to be in the middle.