• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How do we keep Teague playing this aggressive?

JTB

I guess nobody else is going to say it but I will...good first game Jeff Teague! You had some bad turnovers but I truly believe that it came off of chemistry issues, so I'm not too worried about it.Teague impressed me he got everybody involved and he aggressively attacked the basket and got to the free throw line!...yeah he had a couple of bone headed turnovers but like I said Teague is smart and I'm sure he can fix that.His defense was ok but I'm still seeing struggle at the pick and roll but I did like the quick hands he showed as he did get 4 steals yesterday.BIG QUESTION:How do we keep Teague to being this aggressive every game? I guess this is all on Coach Bud to keep him rolling like this.

• Like 1

Start winning maybe?

The wins will come not worried about that. Teague staying aggressive is far more important right now.This team can win games and be a 6th seed. We need to know what we really have in Teague and I'm sure that's what ferry and bud are trying to figure out.I don't mean to sound negative but I'm not concerned about our wins this season. Like I have been saying all summer I want to see Teague and horford show out!...hmmm that didn't come out right....what I mean is that wins are important to me but seeing Teague becoming our next big time guy if he can is more important to me.

The wins will come not worried about that. Teague staying aggressive is far more important right now.This team can win games and be a 6th seed. We need to know what we really have in Teague and I'm sure that's what ferry and bud are trying to figure out.I don't mean to sound negative but I'm not concerned about our wins this season. Like I have been saying all summer I want to see Teague and horford show out!...hmmm that didn't come out right....what I mean is that wins are important to me but seeing Teague becoming our next big time guy if he can is more important to me.

Yeah, I was just suggesting that winning might motivate Mr. Teague to keep up the good work. Including preseason, we are 1 - 7 this season (or is it 1 - 8?) I definitely think letting him have the ball will be a good motivating factor.

If Teague needs to be cajoled and/or threatened to be consistently aggressive he will never be what he can be.I can live with missed shots and turnovers (these will improve) as long as he is aggressive and trying to score, running the offense, pushing the pace etc, I'll take all the mistakes - for now.

Teague has the confidence of a new deal and he's in full control of the offense now than Josh is gone. He's at the point in his career where he has to make a move towards All-Stardom or likely be forever stuck in the tier below. We're going to see what he's made of this season.

• Like 1

Hate being a pessimist but you have to point out that Calderon is not the best defender. Teague has to take advantages of those kind of mismatches when he gets them.

On a positive note. Teague looks bigger and stronger in his upper body. Hopefully that equates to finishing a few more drives after contact this season.

Edited by coachx

Teague did play well. He had a could of silly turnovers. One turnover was actually Horfs fault. I don't know what he was thinking but he reached for a pass and then pulled his hands back at the last second. The pass still caught his fingers and few out of bounds.

I was an LD fan but I REALLY like what I'm seeing from Bud so far. Plays the young guys, puts them in a position to win, doesn't yank anybody (except Horford apparently). I think Bud is a big part of what made Teague aggressive last night.

Of course, Teague started off pretty hot last year too.

• Like 1

I guess nobody else is going to say it but I will...good first game Jeff Teague! You had some bad turnovers but I truly believe that it came off of chemistry issues, so I'm not too worried about it.Teague impressed me he got everybody involved and he aggressively attacked the basket and got to the free throw line!...yeah he had a couple of bone headed turnovers but like I said Teague is smart and I'm sure he can fix that.His defense was ok but I'm still seeing struggle at the pick and roll but I did like the quick hands he showed as he did get 4 steals yesterday.BIG QUESTION:How do we keep Teague to being this aggressive every game? I guess this is all on Coach Bud to keep him rolling like this.

Continue to get rid of better players by bringing in lesser talent. Therefore Jeff needs to score more. Another off season with Ferry at the helm and Jeff Teague will be the Hawks top option.

• Moderators

Hate being a pessimist but you have to point out that Calderon is not the best defender. Teague has to take advantages of those kind of mismatches when he gets them.

On a positive note. Teague looks bigger and stronger in his upper body. Hopefully that equates to finishing a few more drives after contact this season.

True and Calderon dished 11 assists i think. Still great game by teague but perimeter defense looks lost. well defense looks lost.

• Like 3

True and Calderon dished 11 assists i think. Still great game by teague but perimeter defense looks lost. well defense looks lost.

It's okay because they tried hard. #Grit

Yeah coachx...in the past Teague's game has seemed to be very matchup oriented. He had a great night last night but I'll be interested to see if he goes into his shell and pouts next time he is up against one or the league "guns" at PG ...or if he plays more maturely this year (and therefore is more consistent).

He did look stronger to me.

Yeah coachx...in the past Teague's game has seemed to be very matchup oriented. He had a great night last night but I'll be interested to see if he goes into his shell and pouts next time he is up against one or the league "guns" at PG ...or if he plays more maturely this year (and therefore is more consistent).

He did look stronger to me.

Idk about that. He had some good games against CP3, Deron, Holliday etc last year. only guy I remember just having his number is that little fart Ty Lawson lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Pretty much this:

Give him the ball.

And this:

His coming out party was against MVP-Rose years ago in the playoffsWhat happened in the past was that Smoove would complain when he did well; that problem is fixed now so I expect Teague to be more consistent

Teague is not a scrub and he proved that against Chicago a few years ago. I really am confused as to why people think he's such a terrible player and they're shocked when he puts up decent numbers. He's not Chris Paul, but he's not Royal Ivey either. The main thing is, you have to give him the ball and let him play his game.

It also helps that Smoove has been taken out of the equation. He's got more freedom and responsibility now.