• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks, My Commentary

thecampster

This is not going to be the thread some think it is. It is going to be much worse.

What is the point of scoring 105.2 points per game if you are going to give up 105.4.

Do not look at the offensive stats people. Offense is for show. There is a real problem on this Hawks team and it is a lack of defense and size. Compare this -.2 differential with the Pacers who have a +11 point differential.

The Hawks are being out rebounded 3.4 rebounds per game.

The return of Lou Williams is not going to help. Adding an undersized shooting guard to the mix is not how you improve defense and rebounding. Adding Ayón to the mix is not going to help, he is a plodder and his presence means no Al/Sapp or Scott on the floor at that time.

The league will catch up to our offense on video and learn better how to exploit our defense. This is going to get worse, not better. Loyalty is a hard thing to maintain.

• Moderators

Damn. I totally thought we'd be better than the Pacers. Oh well.

Seriously though. Every game has been close. We have a new coach with almost all new players most of which have never played in the nba before. Saying this is some kind of honeymoon period of decent play that will go terrible later doesn't seem right to me. Execution will get better, Dennis will get better. Lou will help.

I mean we have Cartier Martin and Pero Antić as our first guys off the bench. What is the expectation here? I think we will continue to be competitive but of course we can't compare ourselves to the top teams in the league.

• Like 2

I actually agree this teams offense is good enough...will be even better when Lou comes back!But yes defense needs to get better...way better as for rebounding im not that worried it cause I think it can easily improve. Lately milsap has really got his rebounding going and horford has been really consistent as well. Korver and DMC are putting in a lot of effort. All I'm saying is that rebounding can be fixed.....can't say that about our defense though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I say the fix is easy to see. We need a defensive rebounding big. We need that big without costing up Sap or Horf. Asik is the first name that comes to mind. With Houston losing, Asik becomes more and more available seeing that he's not adding points and his rebounding numbers are good but not outstanding. But there's other guys like: Drummond. Drumond is a guy that is doing very well when he plays but having Josh Smith at Sf is not a full time fix. There's also Jan Vesely. Asik may cost us Sap, but I'm thinking we can get him for Lou Williams and some other players. Houston needs scoring and scoring at the PG position. But they may take Sap. Detroit would want a draft pick in the upcoming draft amoung other things. We can get Vesely for the crumbs under Josh Smith's old locker.

Well to me it seems we are one stud small forward from being a threat. Get that guy in here and the scoring and rebounding gets better. A Durant or paul pierce type would be money for us. Or better yet _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _! We are made for a Super Star now.

It's the fault of all the new players.

No.

It's the fault of the new coach and his offense / defense.

No.

It's because of poor rebounding.

No.

The solution is simple and none of the above is truly at fault. Hawks

have been "right there" in those games they have lost.

What then? Simple. Hit those free throws.

Either our players don't have enough talent to hit those shots from the charity

stripe or their nerves get to them when they shoot from there with everyone

watching and that causes them to miss. Perhaps they don't practice these

shots enough. Maybe they don't really believe these shots are that important.

Now, you know the real problem. Fix it!

Posted Image