• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Knicks

lethalweapon3

The reason we lost this game, along with DAL, LAL, and DEN is because of poor perimeter defense. Carrol is solid, however he shoudln't be playing 20+ minutes a game. Once Lou returns our defense will be worse. The Hawks need to either look for a SF that can play defense, or look for a big man and make Milsap their 6th man.

Glad I missed Horford and Sap each getting doubled up on the boards by Bargnani. I don't think I could handle watching that.

You never want to see really anyone on your team get outrebounded by Bargnani, but to be fair, there were a ton of long rebounds. The 41 missed 3's allowed Teague, Korver, and Carroll get 22 rebounds between them. We out rebounded them by 10 as a team. Millsap shooting 3-9 and Horford not being more aggressive against Bargnani were problems, though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Also, I must say I'm really shocked how many minutes down the stretch Antić got. He has not adjusted to the NBA yet, to be playing in a competitive game. Why wasn't Brand in? He looked strong vs. ORL Monday night.

I agree Brand may be old but he understands position defense, which Antić has never heard of before.

Folks not signing ZaZa is just another sign of the ASG being cheap. Say what you want.

Few notes from the game...1. We should have won, but Knicks were banking in shots that had no business even being close.2. Schröder needs to chill out when he's handling the rock. Other than that he had a couple very good passes down low for layups.3. Melo uses his offhand every time he drives to the hoop. If I was a ref, that's an offensive foul every single time.4. Bargnani should never get 11 rebounds, ever. There's a reason he averages only 3, even though he's a 7 footer. We needed to bully him around from the start to send a message. He's a wuss.5. Everytime I see Cartier Martin nail a 3 pointer, I think of 2003 and Bob Sura. Refusing to lose took us from a top 3 pick to a 6th pick. Smh

• Moderators

You never want to see really anyone on your team get outrebounded by Bargnani, but to be fair, there were a ton of long rebounds. The 41 missed 3's allowed Teague, Korver, and Carroll get 22 rebounds between them. We out rebounded them by 10 as a team. Millsap shooting 3-9 and Horford not being more aggressive against Bargnani were problems, though.

It is like getting your shot blocked by JJ Redick. Sure there is a rationalization you can come up with to justify why it might have played out, but you should still go to bed feeling like a failure when it happens.

It is like getting your shot blocked by JJ Redick. Sure there is a rationalization you can come up with to justify why it might have played out, but you should still go to bed feeling like a failure when it happens.

Except in this case he's entirely right about why. Many times our bigs were boxing out and our guards and forwards were crashing in to get the rebounds off of long misses. This was far from a typical game so I don't feel bad about it. We attempted most of our shots in the paint so there were a lot of opportunities for Bargnani and then he got a couple of his 4 offensive rebounds on ugly breakdowns where he flat out got lucky. If you watched the game you'd see that while Al was on the floor he was dominating Bargnani. Millsap played pretty well on both ends against Carmelo but just missed a couple of shots after making great moves.

• Like 1