• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

92.9 is saying LOU is BACK!

HawkItus

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/williams-will-be-active-vs-sixers/nbs8T/

By Chris Vivlamore

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Lou Williams will be active and available for the Hawks’ game tonight versus the Sixers.

Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer would not say if Williams would play following the team’s morning shootaround Friday.

“He is available and in the low of the game will decide and make decisions if we are going to use Lou and add him to th group tonight.”

Budenholzer did say that if Williams played he would be limited to about 16 minutes.

Williams is returning from a torn right ACL almost exactly 10 months since he suffered the injury Jan. 18 at the Nets.

Budenholzer did not say what player would be inactive with Williams dressing out for the game.

Before Budenholzer made his announcement, Williams said he had not been personally informed that he would be active.

“I’m glad just to be in the conversation,” Williams said. “That is exciting for me to be in the conversation. Whatever I can do to help this team win in the near future, I’m excited for. …

“It’s been difficult for me to sleep this past week once I got (medically) cleared. I excited to resume my career at the level that I am used to. Ten months off is an extremely long time to be off for someone who has played since he was five years old. It’s the biggest break I’ve ever taken. I’m definitely anxious and excited just to get back to it.”

• Like 1

• Moderators

Our problem is not offense it is defense and Lou doesn't remotely help there.

It does give us a little more pop off the bench but I am just not a fan of mini me backcourts.

perimeter defense is a problem but we should have outscored the Knicks. We missed too many shots that Lou could have made. Just looking at that one game as an example. I don't htink Lou's defense would have been that much worse because it sucked anyway. But our offensive options would have been a lot better.

• Moderators

And who's got two thumbs and just won tickets to the game tonight on 929 The Game? THIS GUY!!! Great timing, Lou! It should be fun to watch him come back.GO HAWKS!

Can we do a google hangout where you just point your phone at the court so we can watch it?

• Like 2

Well I guess I will be the first to say that I think this is a bad idea. Not even comparing his situation to that of Rose but I'd like to see him practice more with the team and go through a lot more contact drills. I just have a bad feeling he's pushing it too quickly and it's going to make him miss more time down the road. I hope I'm wrong though as we need his ability to put up points when our offense is struggling... with the caveat that he's got to do it within the framework of the offense. He's also got to play defense as well!

• Moderators

Well I guess I will be the first to say that I think this is a bad idea. Not even comparing his situation to that of Rose but I'd like to see him practice more with the team and go through a lot more contact drills. I just have a bad feeling he's pushing it too quickly and it's going to make him miss more time down the road. I hope I'm wrong though as we need his ability to put up points when our offense is struggling... with the caveat that he's got to do it within the framework of the offense. He's also got to play defense as well!

You know that was my first reaction until I saw that he's been out 10 months. That seems about right. Rose has made everyone's recovery expectation get out of whack i think. Still I hope he's comfortable because it he's guarding it that's when you get hamstring and other injuries right?

Can we do a google hangout where you just point your phone at the court so we can watch it?

Ha! If my broke a$$ phone would hold a charge longer than 30 mins i'd give it a shot for ya. Especially since they're lower bowl tix! The only other time I've gotten tickets off the radio they were crappy upper deck nosebleed seats.I can't even tell y'all how excited I am to hear that Lou Williams might be coming back tonight. Now that Josh is gone he's the only hometown guy I've got left on this team. Defense or no defense I'm really excited to see what he can do on the floor and let that dog loose!
  • Like 1

You know that was my first reaction until I saw that he's been out 10 months. That seems about right. Rose has made everyone's recovery expectation get out of whack i think. Still I hope he's comfortable because it he's guarding it that's when you get hamstring and other injuries right?

Yeah I know Rose took much longer but realistically ACL tears take about 2 years to fully recover from in most cases... meaning back to 100% of what you were before the injury. I just don't think he's given himself enough time to build the strength up on the court by playing in full contact practices in games. Maybe he has and I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I've got a feeling we'll be seeing him missing games with knee soreness and swelling.

Ha! If my broke a$$ phone would hold a charge longer than 30 mins i'd give it a shot for ya. Especially since they're lower bowl tix! The only other time I've gotten tickets off the radio they were crappy upper deck nosebleed seats.I can't even tell y'all how excited I am to hear that Lou Williams might be coming back tonight. Now that Josh is gone he's the only hometown guy I've got left on this team. Defense or no defense I'm really excited to see what he can do on the floor and let that dog loose!

Get you a new iPhone and a Mophie case to double the battery. You've got a few hours before tip off so make it happen :)

Yeah I know Rose took much longer but realistically ACL tears take about 2 years to fully recover from in most cases... meaning back to 100% of what you were before the injury. I just don't think he's given himself enough time to build the strength up on the court by playing in full contact practices in games. Maybe he has and I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I've got a feeling we'll be seeing him missing games with knee soreness and swelling.

Two years? Maybe in the early 90's and before the big advancements in orthopedic surgery. Soreness and tenderness will be natural as he gets his knee back into conditioning. As far as his rehab on the court, Lou has probably done a lot of game simulation drills in the past couple months. He will be fine. He's a basketball player so his probability of re-injuring his knee is low compared to NFL or soccer players.

Yeah it's basically a year out of the game and then a full year of getting back to where you were. In the 90's you'd he out much longer before rehab and getting back to playing but outside of freaks like AP most guys still take 2 years from time of injury until they're back to 100%. He's got to build up his strength and agility on the court in game situations as well as get his confidence back that the knee will hold up. Plus dealing with swelling, scar tissue, soreness etc I guarantee you he's not back to 100% right now.

Yeah it's basically a year out of the game and then a full year of getting back to where you were. In the 90's you'd he out much longer before rehab and getting back to playing but outside of freaks like AP most guys still take 2 years from time of injury until they're back to 100%. He's got to build up his strength and agility on the court in game situations as well as get his confidence back that the knee will hold up. Plus dealing with swelling, scar tissue, soreness etc I guarantee you he's not back to 100% right now.

Lou isn't a guy that relies on athleticism anyway, he cruises on the court. He'll be fine.