• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Power Rankings: West is back on top

Hawksquawk

Its early but valid for now. Miami has been hurting one way or the other over half their games. I honestly think right now we are neck and neck with the Bulls for 3rd in the east. Going to depend on Rose and the Bulls team chemistry vs Lou and our team chemistry as to who gets the nod as the season continues.

If we end up 3rd or 4th in the East, what excuses will all the preseason haters use this time?

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

Its early but valid for now. Miami has been hurting one way or the other over half their games. I honestly think right now we are neck and neck with the Bulls for 3rd in the east. Going to depend on Rose and the Bulls team chemistry vs Lou and our team chemistry as to who gets the nod as the season continues.

If we end up 3rd or 4th in the East, what excuses will all the preseason haters use this time?

The east sucks will be the excuse.

The east sucks will be the excuse.

They mentioned all the player movement involving the east; but did not take into account the time it takes for new players and coaches to settle in. If I remember correctly, the Heats first season with the big three, they played around .500 ball the first ten games or so.

• Like 1

They mentioned all the player movement involving the east; but did not take into account the time it takes for new players and coaches to settle in. If I remember correctly, the Heats first season with the big three, they played around .500 ball the first ten games or so.

From Wkipedia concering the Heats 2010-2011 season:

"Even though the Heat's season ended in disappointing fashion, they enjoyed a successful season, despite a slow 9–8 start to the regular season."

link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Miami_Heat_season

Edited by Buzzard

Check out Portland. They're the latest to smash Brooklyn, in Brooklyn. Have they won at home yet? I'm sure my man Kidd got heated seats in his whip. He didn't expect one in his office this soon I'm sure.I figured LeBron would cruise around 55% shooting for the forseeable future. But 62% and 50 from 3? He's getting out of hand.Anybody else thought like me that Igoudala was a shaky pick up for the Warriors? I'll save you some crow. Harrison Barnes can't do what Iggy does for them, but to his credit, the little bit I've seen them he adjusts well to the new reduced role. "Third Splash Brother" ain't too farfetched when Iggy's hitting every catch and shoot jumper.Oh the boring, lifeless Spurs. Impossible to beat yet another year. I swear Pop knows something no other coach in basketball history ever knew. They should've been a middle-of-the-pack team for about 5 years running now with their talent. I remeber the Jordan Bulls and Kobe & Shaq Lakers teams that tore through the playoffs. The 2012 Spurs, for about a 2 month stretch before they inexplicably loss to the Thunder in the Finals, probably played the best brand of team ball I've ever seen. Looks like they're back on that type of ish. How do they win with Boris Diaw!!!!!!!

• Premium Member

Check out Portland. They're the latest to smash Brooklyn, in Brooklyn. Have they won at home yet? I'm sure my man Kidd got heated seats in his whip. He didn't expect one in his office this soon I'm sure.I figured LeBron would cruise around 55% shooting for the forseeable future. But 62% and 50 from 3? He's getting out of hand.Anybody else thought like me that Igoudala was a shaky pick up for the Warriors? I'll save you some crow. Harrison Barnes can't do what Iggy does for them, but to his credit, the little bit I've seen them he adjusts well to the new reduced role. "Third Splash Brother" ain't too farfetched when Iggy's hitting every catch and shoot jumper.Oh the boring, lifeless Spurs. Impossible to beat yet another year. I swear Pop knows something no other coach in basketball history ever knew. They should've been a middle-of-the-pack team for about 5 years running now with their talent. I remeber the Jordan Bulls and Kobe & Shaq Lakers teams that tore through the playoffs. The 2012 Spurs, for about a 2 month stretch before they inexplicably loss to the Thunder in the Finals, probably played the best brand of team ball I've ever seen. Looks like they're back on that type of ish. How do they win with Boris Diaw!!!!!!!

What's amazing is that Boris is actually probably in the worst shape of his life. Dude moves around like he's got 30 pound weights strapped to his ankles and a belly full of Krispy Kream, and is still playing 3 times better than he did with us.

This is what Popovich had to say about Diaw "he's lost some weight and he's shooting the ball the way we keep telling him to shoot it AND he's in a contract year....lol only Popovich.

• Moderators

What's amazing is that Boris is actually probably in the worst shape of his life. Dude moves around like he's got 30 pound weights strapped to his ankles and a belly full of Krispy Kream, and is still playing 3 times better than he did with us.

Well you couldn't be more wrong. I can't remember how old I am but i can remember this Boris Diaw quote from his rookie year with the Hawks. Dunkin Donuts? Ha. Yew ain't from round here r ye.

Diaw is learning when to pass and when to dunk, but his teammates are trying to get him to pass on the Dunkin' Donuts. Diaw and fellow rookie Travis Hansen have to buy the team doughnuts before home shootarounds. Diaw, however, isn't making many friends on the team because he picks up a few dozen from the Dunkin' Donuts in CNN Center.

"They're not so happy because I don't find Krispy Kreme. They want Krispy Kreme," Diaw said. "I like the Dunkin' Donuts. What's wrong with them?

"I don't know where the Krispy Kreme store is," he said. "I have to find one."

• Like 2

Everything at DD are better than KK. Coffee is much better and so are the donuts so I gotta go with Diaw on this one. Funny stuff though and I hadn't ever read that before.

DD donuts better than KK donuts? Is this real life? I would kill for KK around here. Then the donuts would probably kill me.