• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

D Rose

Injured knee. MRI tomorrow. Man, this guy can't catch a break. Just watching it makes me feel like he will miss the rest if the year. Hawks could be 3rd in eastern conference now.

I don't care about Rose. He doesn't care about his teammates and I think they play their roles and fulfill their coach's style better without him. Hinrich is a much better defender. They aren't a contender with or without him. Let him sit and do commercials. There is an abundance of rapidly improving PGs in the league, some much smarter, more charsimatic, and more team-oriented than him. He won't be missed outside Chicago. I prefer guys who come back from serious injury and help the team early, with no fanfare, like David Lee, Sweet Lou, and Weirdo Westbrook. Joakim would've braced his knee up and kept it moving.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

They say these leg injuries have a lot to do with conditioning and how well your body is built... D-Wade vs. Lebron is the perfect comparison. D-Wade's legs look like toothpicks while every muscle on Lebron's body is strong. If you want to avoid knee injuries, thigh injuries, etc, you have to build up that area of your body...

Posted Image

Guys who get injured often have to bear some blame, even though they obviously would do whatever they had to prevent them if they could. To call them "freak" or "unfortunate" injuries is a slap in the face to those who bust their azzes to stay in great shape and conditioning. Andre Miller, Lil Jeff, andLeBron come to mind. Now Westbrooks' ACL qualifies as a freak occurence. Based on his track record he should go another 5 years starting every game the Thunder plays. I believe in Noah and Thibs. They'll keep the ship afloat and respectable.

• Premium Member

They say these leg injuries have a lot to do with conditioning and how well your body is built... D-Wade vs. Lebron is the perfect comparison. D-Wade's legs look like toothpicks while every muscle on Lebron's body is strong. If you want to avoid knee injuries, thigh injuries, etc, you have to build up that area of your body...

Posted Image

...Or take HGH or whatever the heck Lebron is taking.Posted Image

Posted Image

To be fair to Wade, he had his meniscus taken out back when he was at Marquette. It's a procedure that allows you to come back quicker from the injury but has a debilitating effect further in your career thus shortening it. Wade talked on about his regrets about the procedure when he was younger during the summer but also claimed that he never envisioned himself to be as successful as he became.

Rose has now suffered a similar injury but is likely to opt to repair it rather than take it out. I don't think it's a function of conditioning your lower body either because Oden literally split his patella in half because the surrounding muscles were too strong. People also need to recognize that you can strengthen muscle but there's not much you can do about ligaments. For a guy like Rose whose game is built of literally stopping on a dime and cutting in an opposite direction....well it's no surprise that he has all of these maladies with his toes, feet, ankles and knees. What made him special is clearly what will end his career too.

Completely agree with that^.

Many of these super-quick ankle-breaking players twisting their spine in mid air etc have some great years when they are younger, but as time goes by that game wears quick on them as well. Specially for smaller players who cant rely on much else.

Moral of the story: take care of your lower body. Take Yoga and learn Capoeira or something. If I was a player I'd probably pay to consult the Suns' medical and conditionig staff and get every ounce of detailed information I could on the unique construction and physiology of everything below my waist. They could've easily told the morons in Cleveland Bynum was done, and they could probably give a pretty detailed outlook and better treatment and preventative ideas on Curry's and Rose's future with their nagging, recurring lower body ailments that threaten their franchises top to bottom.

Edited by benhillboy

Yoga is prolly not as scientific as what the medical-teams prepare for them in leaning and bending excercises. Pro sports is just wearing you off. Specially as a small dude against big dudes, and especially when being performing all sorts of movement and collision at high speed day in day out. Some have injury-histories that always keep catching up and get worse with time and slow you down.

Yoga wont protect you from that.

When I looked at Rose or Philly Iverson I thought this inhuman. How can such a small fellow keep on trucking that offense day in day out, always needing to play on such a high intensity level to squeeze out the small margins a small dude needs on that court. Often I saw them making movements that cant be healthy nor be performed at age 30.

Edited by DS17Fanboy