• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Mavericks

lethalweapon3

YAAAAAAAAA HAWKS....HUGE WIN!!!! I would really like a comment from Hotlanta on this WIN!

It's one win. They got destroyed by Miami and Houston... They lost to Denver. Boston ran away from them. They got destroyed by Orlando at home.

I didn't even watch this one. I was busy, but I did check in at one point and the Hawks were down 15 points or something like that and I said f*** it.

So, what is the teams batting average against decent teams? .200?

I'm supposed to get excited about this win?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Good team win. Quite impressive when we were clearly missing Kyle (-18 in three pointers) and they hit damn near all their free throws. We won with defense and matching their offensive glass work, mainly Al and JYD. Every championship team needs a JYD. Jeff always easily outclasses Monta Ellis down stretches of games. Glad we had Paul Milsap take the three late instead of another guy who shall remain nameless but had 8 points in 44 minutes, leading his team to yet another loss tonight versus the Lakers. Lets Go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Moderators
With two teams’ defensive engines leaking oil, tonight’s final score may end up looking like the outcome of a battle between mediocre bowlers.

((Price is Right loser horn))

Lousy bowlers without the gutter bumpers, that is!

Teague and Ellis are tied for third among NBA point guards with 5.3 fouls drawn per game. Whichever player is more effective drawing trips to the foul line will create an advantage for their respective teams.

((Broken clock cuckoos))

Jeff took 11 trips to the free throw line, sinking nine. Monta was zero-for-zero.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's one win. They got destroyed by Miami and Houston... They lost to Denver. Boston ran away from them. They got destroyed by Orlando at home.

I didn't even watch this one. I was busy, but I did check in at one point and the Hawks were down 15 points or something like that and I said f*** it.

So, what is the teams batting average against decent teams? .200?

I'm supposed to get excited about this win?

You know I've been pounding the nails for years that in the NBA you only win with superstars and any season not spent on acquiring one is a waste but wow man you are something else. You can't even be happy when your team wins at all.

Good team win. Quite impressive when we were clearly missing Kyle (-18 in three pointers) and they hit damn near all their free throws. We won with defense and matching their offensive glass work, mainly Al and JYD. Every championship team needs a JYD. Jeff always easily outclasses Monta Ellis down stretches of games. Glad we had Paul Milsap take the three late instead of another guy who shall remain nameless but had 8 points in 44 minutes, leading his team to yet another loss tonight versus the Lakers.Lets Go.

Why only tell half the story. He scored 8 but he also had 19 boards, 8 assists, 5 steals, 2 blocks. Every one is talking about how Milsap is not a quitter like he is but he clearly didnt quit tonight when the shots werent going his way. Dont get me wrong, Im happy that he wasnt resigned but the hate for him is getting a little out of hand.

I really started watching the Hawks around 2005 when that core came together and the hate for him is a little ridiculous. I feel like most posters here are around my age (29) or younger and he has provided some of the most exciting moments for this generation of fans.

I blame our front office and head coach more than anything. Smith, Johnson, Horford, Marvin. All of these guys came in to the league with elite potential and none of them took the next step. I wonder how things would have turned out if we had a guy like Coach Bud in charge during the past 7 years.

Edited by JETSET

You know I've been pounding the nails for years that in the NBA you only win with superstars and any season not spent on acquiring one is a waste but wow man you are something else. You can't even be happy when your team wins at all.

This win on its own means nothing. Outside of the Detroit games they have been taking a beating the last few weeks and this one squeaker of a win is supposed to get me excited. The end result of all of this is probably between 30-40 wins. But I'm supposed to get excited!

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Hotlanta 1981

In answer to your question: Am I supposed to get excited? Yes!

If you dwell too much on the overall picture, all those losses you've mentioned,

there is nothing to get excited about. We all agree.

Let's take things, one game at a time. Forget the fact that this team has been buried

in every game for the last three. They would have to "rise up" to become mediocre.

In last night's game, we had been buried - - again!

Then, wonder of wonders, our beloved Hawks awakened and buried our opponent and,

with only seconds to go, Horford hit the game winning basket.

Yes, there were some Atlanta fans present and Yes, they got excited. An unexpected victory!

Now, isn't the unexpected exciting? Learn to enjoy what you have, a win, and forget all those

bad times, those losses.

Our beloved Hawks are still in the hunt for a playoff spot in the east. Of all these Hawk players,

none may be great. We may not have an all star teal like those Florida boys and King James but

these players are our Hawks and when something good happens, like last night, then, as Hawk

fans, we owe it to ourselves to get excited.

GO HAWKS!!

• Like 1

Why only tell half the story. He scored 8 but he also had 19 boards, 8 assists, 5 steals, 2 blocks. Every one is talking about how Milsap is not a quitter like he is but he clearly didnt quit tonight when the shots werent going his way. Dont get me wrong, Im happy that he wasnt resigned but the hate for him is getting a little out of hand. I really started watching the Hawks around 2005 when that core came together and the hate for him is a little ridiculous. I feel like most posters here are around my age (29) or younger and he has provided some of the most exciting moments for this generation of fans. I blame our front office and head coach more than anything. Smith, Johnson, Horford, Marvin. All of these guys came in to the league with elite potential and none of them took the next step. I wonder how things would have turned out if we had a guy like Coach Bud in charge during the past 7 years.

You're a fan of "the guy". I get it. You shouldn't be, but I respect it. Edited by benhillboy

You're a fan of "the guy". I get it. You shouldn't be, but I respect it.

Not at all. I own one Hawks jersey and its a Horford jersey. Had it for 3 years now.

The constant hating of a guy that brought a lot of good memories, along with some bad, to this team is just kind of ridiculous but that's what the internet is these days. The internet brings out the hater in every one. Every one wants to bash every one. I just personally don't understand why people do this.

• Premium Member

This win on its own means nothing. Outside of the Detroit games they have been taking a beating the last few weeks and this one squeaker of a win is supposed to get me excited. The end result of all of this is probably between 30-40 wins. But I'm supposed to get excited!

I understand where you are coming from. You expect a team to compete for a championship. We have about 6 legit NBA players on the roster. I was excited and happy that we came back and won last night but this team is going nowhere, talent is not there.I deal in the business world of if I don't win then it effects my lifestyle and the employees that I have. I don't go to work from 8 to 5 or go to school, business is always on my mind. I thought about the Hawks on a flight the other day. We are not going to get a top 3 pick, there is not a superstar player out there I can think of that is available, no player on our team is close to a star talent. We are in a mess, we don't have a Tim Duncan or David Robinson to build around. We are stuck on mediocrity...............The place was empty last night and the last few home games, I know the payroll is one of the lowest in the league, but you gotta put butts in the stand, and I'm well aware that a lot of the lower level seats are corporate owned, I've been a season ticket holder in the past.Bottom line is you play for it all or it's a loss. Edited by Vol4ever

I totally agree Jetset, the Internet brings out the hater in people. Most of the haters wouldn't say half the things they say if it wasn't on the Internet. I think the Internet gives a lot of people the balls to say $hit they normally wouldn't say.