• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cant watch the Falcons

Vol4ever

• Moderators

They say if you win the battle in the trenches, you will win the game. The Falcons are currently tied 28th in sack totals and Matt Ryan has been sacked 34 times this season. It isn't the whole teams fault... Just the 10-15 lineman and their coaches. The Falcons' secondary is actually really damn good. Matt Ryan (22 TD's, 3,887 yards, 14 INT's on the season so far) with time is deadly, especially with trio of receivers he has. The running game has been bad because the line doesn't create holes. Talkheads and fans will use injuries as an excuse but this year's Falcons roster was flawed from the get-go. It would have been the same result. TD has his work cut for him for sure on getting these lines fixed. I'll be pissed if he drafts anything but line players with their first three picks in the next draft.

• Like 2

What I wouldn't give for Tannehill to have ONLY been sacked 34 times so far this season. I think after yesterday he's in the 50's now after going down 3 more times. Seriously our line makes yours look good!

Ryan has put up some really impressive stats considering Julio has missed most of the season and Roddy didn't do much this year. The Falcons should probably bench him to "protect" him these last 2 games, otherwise he might just screw up and win a game or two.

Ryan doesn't get enough credit for how good he actually make this line look. His INTs are a bit inflated for a 2nd year in a row thanks to that one bad Cards game.

I am not sure what our cap situation is. I would expect nothing but OL and DL in Free Agency and Draft early. For bloomin sakes I hope they hire some actually good OL and DL coaches.

Back to the cap.

I think we will see Asante gone for sure, DeCoud days here are number. Jackson and Osi are up in the air. To be honest I don't see them surviving. We know Roddy is likely going to be brought back. Tony G money will be cleared off the cap. Babs is another question mark. Still gotta re-sign Corey Peters. Weatherspoon I honestly don't see them re-signing him long term. Talent is there but dude is always injury prone. We know Julio is in line for a big payday. Just hope he can stay healthy from now on.

Edited by Braves

• Moderators

Ryan doesn't get enough credit for how good he actually make this line look. His INTs are a bit inflated for a 2nd year in a row thanks to that one bad Cards game.

I am not sure what our cap situation is. I would expect nothing but OL and DL in Free Agency and Draft early. For bloomin sakes I hope they hire some actually good OL and DL coaches.

Back to the cap.

I think we will see Asante gone for sure, DeCoud days here are number. Jackson and Osi are up in the air. To be honest I don't see them surviving. We know Roddy is likely going to be brought back. Tony G money will be cleared off the cap. Babs is another question mark. Still gotta re-sign Corey Peters. Weatherspoon I honestly don't see them re-signing him long term. Talent is there but dude is always injury prone. We know Julio is in line for a big payday. Just hope he can stay healthy from now on.

Motta is good, so I think Decoud could get the axe. Gonzo will retire, Osi will be gone, and Jackson is a toss up. I think we will be good cap wise. Hopefully TD realizes now how important the lines are and goes after a LT in free agency and moves Baker either inside to RG or to the RT spot. Hell, make him a backup. His arms are far to short to be protecting Ryan's blind side. As for the D-line, the only one I'm keeping is Peters. Babs had a nice stay and Biermann & Massaquoi should be backups. The biggest plus from last season was the emergence of Paul Worrilow... With the 3rd pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select: Jadeveon Clowney, DE from the University of South Carolina! lol

Haven't been able to watch a game in a couple of weeks bc they've been having us workin 7 days at my job bc of our holiday shutdown coming up....but anyway how has Zeke been looking out there? I'm hoping he can at least be good enough to get Decoud out the door. Has Osi really looked bad to the point were u guys want him gone? I thought he was doing ok early on getting pressure but just wasn't coming away with the sack bc of the lack of pressure up the middle, QBS were just able to scoot away from him. I really do hope that we just sit Matt these last 2 games to ensure losses in both and try to get a top 3 pick. Clowney would be wonderful right now, and then just focus on both lines in free agency and early in the draft and we should be good. If TD goes out and tries to make some big offensive splash I'm hiking to be pissed. Bring in the big uglies!!!!

From what I've seen, Motta is a linebacker in a safetys body. Great about 10 yards from the LOS and in, but gets torched in coverage. It could be lack of experience, but he's definitely a downgrade from Decoud at this point.

Posted Image

It look like the Falcons sit #6 in the draft. At worst they will pick #8. Panthers have a lot to play for and they take every game with the Falcons seriously. That will hopefully be another L. Then see where the chips fall after that. It will be a interesting final week regardless.

Edited by Braves

Our defense was never good to begin with...it was always our offense carrying the team. They were unable to do that this year due to injuries and the offensive line being pretty damn bad. Free agency and the draft will be focused on both lines ,which is what's needed, and we'll be ok. We needed this setback....so that we could stop trying to just put bandages on these weaknesses and actually address em.

A big shoutout to the Falcons Center. Falcons were marching down the field. Ryan look like he was orchestrating another one of his game winning drives. Then BAM Falcons Center hike the ball when Ryan isn't ready. Major props to the Falcons Center. How fitting it would be a botch move by our OL to put the nail in the season. As if allowing 9 or more sacks today wasn't bad enough.

Edited by Braves

Konz actually played ok this year for a first year starter....give him a chance