Putting Ferry Under the Microscope with Horford Injured

MrMeltdown

Ferry basically was a spectator in the JJ / Scott draft. He's only been on the job for 2 weeks.Who would you have picked over Schro and Bebe?Who else could he have signed? Millsap was a great sign. For price and production.The thread is bad becuse the argument is ridiculous.Please enlighten us with how Ferry could have done better than he has in his short time and considering the mess left by Sund.

So sign Oden or Bynum to an incentive laden contract so they could take up a roster spot to sit on the bench? No thanks.

Robin Lopez has never been a free agent, so we would have to make a trade to acquire him, and Ferry is more concerned with the future than the now. Lopez would not have made us NBA Championship contenders. Plumlee would have been a good pick, but Schröder was much more of a need than Plumlee.

Next list of Centers please.

Robin LopezMiles PlumleeGreg OdenAndrew Bynum

One hasn't played in a 100 years, the other is playing limited minutes and got injured last night so I'm not sure how that helps us RIGHT NOW!Portland acquired Lopez via trade who should we have traded to get him (we had nothing on our roster to trade).I've never heard you or any one clamerimg for Plumlee when he was drafted 26th in 2012.

You guys continue to reach on Ferry. Be honest with yourselves we all thought the Nets would be better than us and make the playoffs this year. 2 of Ferry's 3 1st rd picks are on the roster not overseas. Once again, Gortat,Pekovic, Howard, Kaman, etc. were all available this offseason and Asik is available now.

What in your delusional mind thinks that the Hawks could do anything with Asik this season? The Hawks weren't going to win the East even with a healthy Horford. Much less win one while trading away a handful of our healthy 10 players to acquire a guy like Asik. The sooner you get over yourself and wanting to "win now" the better off you will be. This team is not built to win now.

So sign Oden or Bynum to an incentive laden contract so they could take up a roster spot to sit on the bench? No thanks.

Robin Lopez has never been a free agent, so we would have to make a trade to acquire him, and Ferry is more concerned with the future than the now. Lopez would not have made us NBA Championship contenders. Plumlee would have been a good pick, but Schröder was much more of a need than Plumlee.

Next list of Centers please.

They got Lopez for two 2nd rounders.

Plumlee was traded for peanuts by Indy. You are thinking about Mason.

You guys continue to reach on Ferry. Be honest with yourselves we all thought the Nets would be better than us and make the playoffs this year. 2 of Ferry's 3 1st rd picks are on the roster not overseas. Once again, Gortat,Pekovic, Howard, Kaman, etc. were all available this offseason and Asik is available now.

Gortat wasn't a FA. Pekovic was restricted and would've been matched. Howard was never coming here regardless of the money. Kaman is a bum. Taking on Asik's contract, not to mention the "cost" to trade for him, aren't worth it.

Keep reaching.

Bynum is much better at 60% than Larry Holmes Brand.

Again, Bynum will NEVER be healthy again and got paid more than Millsap - plus his attitude sucks. No thanks.

Edited by WakaFlocka

Only if he sees the court for 60% of games.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bynuman01.html

Bynum has played 480 minutes this year and his PER is 15.4

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/brandel01.html

Brand has played 238 minutes this year and his PER is 13.7

Bynum>>> Brand

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bynuman01.html

Bynum has played 480 minutes this year and his PER is 15.4

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/brandel01.html

Brand has played 238 minutes this year and his PER is 13.7

Bynum>>> Brand

...lol such an awful comparison.

Brand also makes a third of the money that Bynum makes this year and provides a veteran leadership while Bynum sulks in the corner.

• Like 1

I know what you're saying, but where was this talent supposed to come from? Dwight and CP3 were never coming here, so who was left that would've significantly helped this team without overpaying (in the form of FA and draft trades)?

I agree with everything you're saying, but the Hawks only keep the better pick between ours and the Nets. They don't get both, it's a swap.

SO... Only one first round pick this year regardless, eh?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bynuman01.html Bynum has played 480 minutes this year and his PER is 15.4 http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/brandel01.html Brand has played 238 minutes this year and his PER is 13.7 Bynum>>> Brand

I guess you missed the point that Bynum was injured during our game last night and was not available for the 2nd half. It's not his talent that's in question it's his reliability and availability.

He is still better than Brand who probably is not an NBA player at this stage of his career.

Yeah, he's no Johan Petro!!!! BWAHAHAHA!!! (Still can't believe you said that Petro was better than Brand. Pure. B. S.)Just like 10 days ago Brand was the FSSO Player of the Game, then a game or two later he had 5 blocks and nearly 10 & 10 in like 15 minutes. I am not some huge Brand fan, but these comments dogging Brand are completely retarded. It's like some kid from the short bus got on the loose with a laptop and just wanted to say unnecessary idiotic things about a Hawks player who wouldn't sign his ball at a game one time. And how was Brand even relevant to this discussion? The comment was made in response to a statement about Bynum, who is more than 10 years younger and makes 2-3 x as much. So why the hell would you even try and make any comparison between the two? Apples and oranges. And I'm thankful as hell we didn't gamble on Bynum, because with Horford going down we'd be without him AND Bynum now since Old Weak Knees can't stay upright.Now that Horf is out, you're going to be seeing a good bit more of Brand, and he'll be out there earning his keep while Bynum spends much of the season getting funky haircuts and making the bench look nice. But more importantly, why do you hate Brand so much to say such silly things about him? Petro is better? He's not as good as an injured Bynum? Please ... I don't know if he ran over your cat or didn't sign your hat when your class went to a game on a field trip or what, but quit saying these random dumb things about a guy on our team who plays well within his role in the limited minutes he is given.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Ok... Let's really talk about the failing of Danny Ferry.

Here's what I see. Confusion. Some has bought in on changing a culture. However, what was this past offseason about? We sign to guys to contracts meant to trade. We sign a sharp shooter to a longterm deal. We ignore Zaza. We ignore Smoove and get nothing back for him. We sign Elton Brand (Old) and two d-League Europlayers. And we fail to address the major need of this team... Center.

In planning all of this, we never considered going after a good BU C. We lost a good BU C in Zaza. We replaced him with a guy who sucks. None of Ferry's draft picks are panning out.

On top of all that, he screwed up the Teague signing. Teague is playing at a near allstar level and we treated him like shi- this offseason.

Is this the new culture. It seems like the same old culture. Confusion.

Somebody tell me, was this season a rebuilding season, an acquisition season, a chemistry building season, or a championship run season? In this league, you have to be doing one.

• Like 1

We signed guys to reasonable short term contracts that gives us flexibility going foward and you act like that is a bad thing - wow.Zaza is injured and wasn't worth the 4 year deal he got from the Bucks.Kyle's deal declines each year - and for his production this season well worth EVERY penny.Are you effing kidding me on Teague? Teague's 8 mil/yr contract is looking like a gem. You may think he was treated like sh_t, he may also think so - but he sure looks like he has gotten over it playing at an ALLSTAR level with a coach who trusts him and his putting him in position to win.I would have preferred getting something for Josh but there was absolutely no market for him except crap long term contracts from the Bucks.Are you seriously asking about a championship run THIS season? Not even worth answering.