• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is the plan?

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

It appeared to me that DF and Bud want to stay competitive. After the Horf injury does that change things?Are they looking to still be competitive with the current roster?Are they now just going to play with the current roster and see where that leads for the rest of the season?Will they make a move at the trade deadline?We have been a good competitive smart team this year. The stands have been empty this year, I have been to a couple if games. That is of concern.

Yes, losing our best player changes everything. We still have the talent to make the playoffs, but the East is Miami or Indiana. With or without Horf, we're not winning anything. That being said, Coach Bud isn't going to tank. He's been a top assistant to one of the best NBA teams for so long, his first shot as a head coach, he wants to prove himself. There's no lack of motivation from the HC. We will still be competitive all year. I'm not sure about the trade deadline, that's Ferry's job. I'd hope he would realize that we're not winning anything this year except a playoff spot, and if he's willing to give that up for the future, fine. He's made great decisions in my mind so far, and now with Horf gone, his job just became much more difficult.

• Premium Member

I believe that we will see a lot more rookie play. Cunningham and Dennis will get more time on court because this has now become development. Millsap will be featured simply because, we can show case him, build his value and either keep him or trade him for some assets.

I don't think we will outright tank.. but I do think that we will see the playing time spread out more than it was with Horf (and that's not the Center position).

Like others have said, the plan is still the plan when we started the season. Build the culture, develop, stay ready if there is a trade that helps us with assets without taking on money (possibly a facilitator). And let the chips fall where they may in regards to a playoff spot.

I was starting to think for a few minutes that with a) us being 3rd in a crappy East and b) the brooklyn situation, that it was becoming possible that we'd become small buyers at deadline, but I never bought in fully because we needed to see where Brooklyn and Atl were Feb 1st, but with Horford injured, no way.

I believe that we will see a lot more rookie play. Cunningham and Dennis will get more time on court because this has now become development. Millsap will be featured simply because, we can show case him, build his value and either keep him or trade him for some assets.I don't think we will outright tank.. but I do think that we will see the playing time spread out more than it was with Horf (and that's not the Center position).

Yeah, I'd like to see that. A championship is likely out of reach for this season. There are more ways than winning for Bud to prove himself; developing the youth and getting the team ready for next season should now be job 1

• Premium Member

If Chicago, New York, and Brooklyn were where they were projected, we might have some cause for concern...we might have to fight for those bottom couple of playoff spots. As it were, even without AL, we're still too talented to miss the playoffs.

...and it's more than talent too. This team has a different attitude. Finally, after all these years, you see a team with a no nonsense approach to games. There are no clowns, no agendas, and no half-assed play. It's beautiful! No coincidence either that a major part of that has been the removal of one specific player. Let's not digress though...

It sucks to lose Al for sure, but this season is a bit of a "gimmie." As long as Brooklyn continues to struggle, we are in an awesome position. Danny Ferry can relax and do his job without worrying about Al.

• Like 3

• Admin

I don't see the point in tanking...we are still competitive and Brooklyn might still not make the playoffs. With Al out there is a chance for others to step up and become competitive players.I still think a player like Aaron Affalo added to our current roster could still make us really competitive. Orlando might give him up for cap room and a youngster like Dennis. They want to find PT for olipedo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't see the point in tanking...we are still competitive and Brooklyn might still not make the playoffs. With Al out there is a chance for others to step up and become competitive players.I still think a player like Aaron Affalo added to our current roster could still make us really competitive. Orlando might give him up for cap room and a youngster like Dennis. They want to find PT for olipedo.

I would certainly do that deal if it doesn't cost us this years first.

I mean... Dennis/1st 2015 (protected)/Lou Will for Afflalo...

That's a yes all day. It doesn't help us in the frontcourt but Afflalo brings something good to this team iMO.

I would rather send Dennis and Bebe for Vucevic or Valanciunas. I don't think Afflalo helps us as much as getting a good young center for the longhaul.

By the way, the plan is all haul Ferry. Never question him because he knows all

Edited by MrMeltdown

I would rather send Dennis and Bebe for Vucevic or Valanciunas. I don't think Afflalo helps us as much as getting a good young center for the longhaul. By the way, the plan is all haul Ferry. Never question him because he knows all

What questions? I'm quite happy with Ferry's moves. The before Ferry to since Ferry is night and day; including playing basketball correctly. That's also a Ferry move by bringing in his bud ...Bud.What are the bad moves? Korver? Millsap? Bebe or Schro? Smith...

What questions? I'm quite happy with Ferry's moves. The before Ferry to since Ferry is night and day; including playing basketball correctly. That's also a Ferry move by bringing in his bud ...Bud.What are the bad moves? Korver? Millsap? Bebe or Schro? Smith...

Bebe to me. right about now i wish we had the greek freak but he went one spot before ours

As bad as the east is this year, it might be really hard to tank. You have the Knicks and Nets trying to prove which is worse, the Bucks in disarray, the Pistrons or misfiring, and the Raptors are the Raptors. Boston and Orlando don't look very good, and then you have the Wiz and Bulls. Which of these teams are really better than the Hawks?

with Al out this is the opportunity to see if Bud can really coach. remember that team of scrubs that Doc Rivers had on orlando or the scrubs we had when Terry Stotts was the coach (never thought Terry got a fair shot here). It teams like this where coaching is the key and where they can show what they can do. Anyone can coach the Heat.

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 1

3 first round picks and a boat load of cap space later we still are as talent deficient of a playoff team as I ever saw.

3 first round picks and a boat load of cap space later we still are as talent deficient of a playoff team as I ever saw.

It's a shame all of our picks are busts. Please be our new GM and draft all the all stars that we passed up in the last two drafts. The team needs your expert evaluations.