• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is the one player you would love to have for the Hawks?

NBASupes

In FA give me one of Stephenson or Hayward, please. I think I like Stephenson a little bit more at this point.

There you go. I'd be thrilled with either.I love Al and Sap, but I don't even think either are comparable to Love. Defensively he isn't anything special and I don't watch them as much as Supe and Sothron obviously do, but I dont think you have to look any further than his three ball and rebounding rate to see he's in a different class of talent.I don't see the Rubio fascination, Supes. The worst full-time shooter in the league, right? The PG Josh.Not a Granger fan, either. I see him camping out at the arc too much for my liking. Don't know much of anything about Afflalo. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

My wet dream for us...

Posted Image

Very difficult because there will be a few teams which will try to sign him, but I would put at least 36Mx4 in a second for him. He would be perfect for us...

Edited by Ebert
  • Like 1

There you go. I'd be thrilled with either.I love Al and Sap, but I don't even think either are comparable to Love. Defensively he isn't anything special and I don't watch them as much as Supe and Sothron obviously do, but I dont think you have to look any further than his three ball and rebounding rate to see he's in a different class of talent.I don't see the Rubio fascination, Supes. The worst full-time shooter in the league, right? The PG Josh.Not a Granger fan, either. I see him camping out at the arc too much for my liking. Don't know much of anything about Afflalo.

Al is one of the best defensive players in the NBA. Can spot defend 3 positions, can defend two positions consistencly, one of the best team defenders in the NBA, good man defender, average help side defender which was critical for us and something we are lacking now. To say he isn't special defensively is bogus unless you are comparing him to an big with elite help side defense like Dwight or Chandler which clearly impacts the game more.

If you value Love over Horf, that's on you. I don't, won't, and likely never will. Like i said, neither player is in an ideal setting. While Love offense is built around him, his teammate expose his flaws but the problem is, he exposes his teammates flaws as well. Rubio is exposed in that corners offense and playing with Love. Part Aldeman/Part Love is his issue. Love clearly needs to be on a team that doesn't expose his flaws like Dirk in Dallas but even Dirk could will his offense and just be an impossible cover. Love isn't an impossible cover. We rarely doubled him within the offense, I seen teams double Al more than Love within the offense. His damage is done on rebounding where sometimes he can will boards with two to three people around him. His instinct is probably the best I've seen in regards to that. I don't see a true #1 option in Love. He can score but it's that willing your team and saying, ain't nobody stopping me that I see in Melo, Durant, Dirk, Lebron, prime Wade, and even Harden at times that I don't see in Love. It's like he's a system scorer but can score a lot. Perfect example is J.J. Reddick at Duke. He was a system scorer, it wasn't like Jabari Parker at Duke.

If he could will his offense, I think he team would be winning a lot more games than they have won so far and no, I don't think he's better than Griffin or Horford. I like those two better than Love overall.

Now Love is a better fit for our Coach Bud system which is extremely system base. That's the reason why Korver can score 20+ when in most regular offenses, Korver is a bench player who can spot mins when the team needs a shooter on the court. Love could kill in our system as the offense creates shots, not the player. That's why DMC and Korver can succeed in our offense which under normal circumstances they wouldn't.

Now clearly this offense helped Horf as well since he had his best season as a pro even out of position and not in his ideal personnel grouping. But it helped Al offensively even if his load defensively was more as well.

As for Rubio, it's simple. He shoots flat and misses too many jumpers and when he attacks, more than not he is looking to pass. Build a PG dominate offense around him then. Let him have the ball in his hands or up the tempo even more to run PnR, PnP, and backdoors. Jason Kidd did it in Jersey with less talent than Rubio has around him right now. Rubio is elite at playmaking, passing, man defense, team defense, steals, rebounding for position, and court vision while struggling at running sets, shooting, scoring, and finishing. He is a player who can be a top 3 PG if you build an offense around him and dump Love. Love is their biggest hinderance, he kinda of reminds me of what Antoine Walker used to do to teams if he doesn't have the fit around him he needed to succeed.

I seen him for Team USA, I liked Love's role there more than his in Minny.

• Premium Member

I love Al but never in his best day on any team is he as good as Love is. Al is a star, Love is a superstar. It is just that simple.

Love is a level above Horf and Sap. Nobody could come close to stopping him, he was a bull!

Deng:I can't see him staying in Cleveland. He'd do great under coach Bud. Effective player and great defender, just what we need for the 3.Noah: No explanation needed, but Chicago would never let go of him. Harrison Barnes: I've seen rumors that Golden State may look to move him. I'd take him in a second. Embiid: I know I know... But how nice would it be to have a Embiid/Horford front? Hayward or Stephenson: I'd take either of those 2 though they're probably gonna get overpaid by a lesser team

• Like 2