• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is the one player you would love to have for the Hawks?

NBASupes

Granger is making a boatload of money - who are we trading to get him. I think We will have to give up too many pieces to just make salaries match.Granger's knees are a concern - I don't think they can handle being a full time starter any longer. He is coming if the bench in Indy in limited minutes.I would want Afflalo!

I really do not see them being a top-tier team. I understand it takes time, but i think Rubio is a bit overrated anyways. Yeah he pulls off some sweet passes but I would take Teague over him anyday. Plus he cant shoot worth a damn.

I think Rubio is underrated. His shooting will always be an issue. His slashing is simple and I figured it out years ago. He slashes to create for others. The problem is Minny isn't the most movement based team or close. Love moves like Antić but much superior at Basketball. Pek can set a screen but you know he's lumber so he's not a threat with the PnR. They just lack a PnR threat. They need to make the offense more simple for Rubio and just build it off of him. Love and him are never going to fit. Love opportunist which helps when he runs the court late but when the defense is set, it don't do a great deal of good.

Rubio can be far more impactful as he fits with Pek far more than Love. Minny needs to decide and I said this years ago, who are you going to build around, Rubio or Love. Honestly, this is the only area I agree with Kahn on in his tender. Trying to make Rubio into Rondo or Parker isn't ideal for Ricky. It didn't work in Barcalona so why try it in the NBA which is more open anyway.

I am not sold on Love. I been that way for years, I am not going to be like some GM's and say he's a #3 option on a contender but I will say if you are going to build around him, you need a shooter, a defensive minded true center, a bunch of two way good player, depth, or forget it. You don't have a shot.

With Horf, it reminds the same. Get him a playmaking PG with elite court vision. A true center, doesn't matter defensively, just as long as he can defend his position and if he can't, can defend the rim. Get him an athletic wing defender who can play smart. A good shooting SG. A good bench. You can contend with Al without a question.

I like Horf in Minny a lot. As for Love in Atlanta, I am not sure, I want to see what they put around him before I make a statement.

You are right! Infact , he is broken , a shell of him former self. Why bring in someone with a huge pay check who cannot stay healthy when you can either develop what you have , or make a trade that will help the situation?

He's not a shell either. He is still good and effective on offense and defense.

Mines is more simple, I understand we need a true Center and a SG but I like Sap and Horf from a talent perspective even if it isn't a great fit and I like Korver in our offense. The player I would love to have is Danny Granger.

I like Nic Batum more but there is no way Portland is trading him for what we are willing to offer so Danny is the player i want most.

Good player. Good two way player. Smart. Fits our system. A SF which isn't easy to find in this league. Plays his role well. Can score when we need it. A good two way player.

Let's be practical, no Lebron's. We all want him but we can't get him period. Be reality about this please.

Danny Granger might be washed up.

My, my. How things change.

When Marvin was here, I read here, by more than one poster, that a SF would

be so easy to get. "They're a dime a dozen," we were told. Get rid of this

mistake that the home office made when they drafted him.

Now, since we really need a SF, there are none available at anything like a

reasonable price.

Until he went to the hated Heat, old posters here know that my favorite

non Hawk player was S. Battier. I still like him, though not as much.

Still, he's my favorite Heat player, if that means anything.

Right now, I'm looking forward to next season's roster with our two centers

who are now overseas.

Recently saw where our last two drafts were both "F" rated. If that's true,

give me another one!

GO HAWKS!!

• Like 3

No to Young, the last thing we need on this team is another PF.

Not thinking about this season really. Thaddeus is a beast with a lot to offer at the position. In Bud's system he would flourish. DMC is awesome but prob should be more of a 7th 8th man.DennisAfflaloThaddeusPaulAlIs an extremely solid lineup. And practical.

We need more all star Power Forwards fellas lol.

Kevin was Kevin. Scoring in the paint, from the mid range, putting the ball on the floor when a lane is open, shooting open threes, drawing fouls like crazy, hitting free throws, and getting boards, a lot of boards. Defensively, he was a mess. Offensively, he moves like Antić. For them to win, they need to change their style of play, their coach and trade Love.

• Like 2

We'd give up either Millsap or Horford. I would give up either of them in a heartbeat for a superstar like Love.

I would give up Sap in a heartbeat, Horf tho, naw. The game is more than scoring and rebounding. With some of the bunnies he gets from Rubio, Al would be eating too if not more cause they can play a more uptempo game.

• Premium Member

I would give up Sap in a heartbeat, Horf tho, naw. The game is more than scoring and rebounding. With some of the bunnies he gets from Rubio, Al would be eating too if not more cause they can play a more uptempo game.

I love Al but never in his best day on any team is he as good as Love is. Al is a star, Love is a superstar. It is just that simple.

I love Al but never in his best day on any team is he as good as Love is. Al is a star, Love is a superstar. It is just that simple.

If you are talking about just scoring and rebounding, I agree. If you are talking about complete game, I don't agree.

I can't see how you can call one a superstar over the other. Both have the same level of impact overall. Now Love isn't in the most ideal situtation in terms of personnel but his offense is built around him to the chargin of Rubio's game. Horf fits our system well, he could be better with a PG and a true center.

Both are stars. I don't see either as superstars overall. My idea of superstar is CP3, Durant, Lebron, prime Wade, Dwight, etc. Not Love, Marc Gasol, or Horford.

• Like 1