Cavaliers are about to blow it up! Any candy we grab from the jar?

IheartVolt

He's been discussed in the trade ideas sub-forum before.

Personally, I have ZERO interest in ever seeing him in a Hawks uniform and I'd venture to guess that Ferry would agree - not his/Bud's type of player at all.

• Premium Member

We could try to use Horf's exception to snatch Waiters. Is that correct? I wouldn't mind trading Lou or (Jenkins + Mack) if this gets the deal done.

Deng could be signed in the offseason if someone (Al, Millsap, Bud, DF) convinces him to take a Millsap-like contract. No way Deng will want to be in Cavsland in 2015.

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

I would say that Waiters would not fit our system. Our SG must be someone who plays hard defense, who can play with and w/o the ball, with IQ and, if possible, good shooter (or someone who can score in other ways, but efficently). We don't need an undersized pure scorer SG if isn't a franchise player, not while we have Bud at least. We have a Waiters type of player in LouW (ok, he's not playing well and I don't even want him in our long term plans, but it's similar if we want this type of player).

• Admin

We could try to use Horf's exception to snatch Waiters. Is that correct? I wouldn't mind trading Lou or (Jenkins + Mack) if this gets the deal done. Deng could be signed in the offseason if someone (Al, Millsap, Bud, DF) convinces him to take a Millsap-like contract. No way Deng will want to be in Cavsland in 2015. 2014-2015 could look like Teague - SchröderKK - Waiters Deng - CarrollMillsap - Pero - ScottHorford - Brand - (Bebe or Muscala) Maybe not a contender, but definetely a step closer.

blowing it up does not mean giving players away.

Fair enough. Could we use the exception bundled with a future (2016) first? This way Cavs hit rock bottom this season, secure their high pick, and we get a talent to develop without giving up a lot.

We cannot combine the DPE with anything in a trade.

• Moderators

Only guy I'm interested in is Varejao, but he is currently injured. He has an expiring contract @ $9.1 mil and is a Bud/Ferry type guy. The last remnant of the Danny's stay in Cleveland too. I'm thinking Kyrie & Deng are untouchable... No thanks to Dion; he's no more than Jordan Crawford. A chucker and rumor is that he's dividing that Cavs locker room too. No room for cancers in the Atlanta Ferry tale. Don't need any PF's or Jarrett Jack and the Hawksquawk once-beloved Alonzo Gee is having a dismal season. Karasev is kinda interesting as a prospect, but I feel the Cavs are pot of players that the Hawks should avoid TBH.

Only guy I'm interested in is Varejao, but he is currently injured. He has an expiring contract @ $9.1 mil and is a Bud/Ferry type guy. The last remnant of the Danny's stay in Cleveland too. I'm thinking Kyrie & Deng are untouchable... No thanks to Dion; he's no more than Jordan Crawford. A chucker and rumor is that he's dividing that Cavs locker room too. No room for cancers in the Atlanta Ferry tale. Don't need any PF's or Jarrett Jack and the Hawksquawk once-beloved Alonzo Gee is having a dismal season. Karasev is kinda interesting as a prospect, but I feel the Cavs are pot of players that the Hawks should avoid TBH.

Word is Kyrie is ready to bolt -Dan Snyder can't afford to have him leave for nothing like LBJ. I doubt Deng resigns there with the disfunction that he sees. No accountabilty for any of those guys. This is what happens when you have so many young players and no veterans - see Washington in previous years.

Word is Kyrie is ready to bolt -Dan Snyder can't afford to have him leave for nothing like LBJ. I doubt Deng resigns there with the disfunction that he sees. No accountabilty for any of those guys. This is what happens when you have so many young players and no veterans - see Washington in previous years.

This is what the pro-tankers here want too. smh not me though!

• Moderators

Whine and Gold?

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/jason-lloyd-quiet-grumbling-turns-into-dissension-in-troubled-cavs-locker-room-1.463491

HOUSTON: The rumbles within the Cavaliers locker room have been growing louder for weeks. Players who initially didn’t want to talk about what is plaguing this team are beginning to open up, and most of the issues are pointing back to guards Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters, along with an unhappiness with Mike Brown and his staff.

“He’s acting like he doesn’t care,” one Cavs player said of Irving.

Many players in this story were granted anonymity based on the sensitive nature of the topic.

All of this comes on the heels of a New York Daily News story released Saturday evening reporting that Luol Deng has complained of a locker room out of control.

Players within that locker room are growing louder in their agreement.

“It’s pretty much a mess,” one source close to the team said.

~lw3

I would be very interested in Anderson Verajoa. I think it would have to Lou and a first round pick to make it happen. Might not be worth it given Anderson's age

I love his hustle and motor but he is a liability