• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I don't know about yall but Im back on the Tank Train *Shrugs*

Bonkers

Look this season is meaningless. We know we're not gonna accomplish anything. We need to get in the lottery or it's just gonna be more of the same. And I don't know about yall but i'm tired of the same old same old

Tank Train CHOO CHOO

Edited by Bonkers

The Hawks are in no mans land. They couldn't tank if they tried looking at the standings. They will have to hope for cap flexibility over draft position.

I think we can get into the lottery. We're in the 4th seed right now and we have 4 wins on Detroit who is in the 9th spot

• Moderators

We could make the lottery but not in an impact position. I think we are just as likely to get lucky with the Nets dropping down as us.

The team just isn't going to go into the tank with vets like Korver (FA signing), Millsap (FA signing) and Teague (FA signing). We set ourselves up for a season that was meaningless before it began if you consider a first or second round playoff exit meaningless.

• Like 2

We could make the lottery but not in an impact position. I think we are just as likely to get lucky with the Nets dropping down as us.

The team just isn't going to go into the tank with vets like Korver (FA signing), Millsap (FA signing) and Teague (FA signing). We set ourselves up for a season that was meaningless before it began if you consider a first or second round playoff exit meaningless.

Of course I do lol

• Like 1

At this point, Gary Harris, Vonleh, Hood, Ennis, etc would be the players Atlanta would be able to choose from if they decided to tank.

Marcus Smart would probably be available as well seeing how his draft stock will no doubt drop after what he did tonight. Somebody at the end of the draft is going to get lucky.

We are way to go to get into the lottery. If we wanted to tank we should have let the Bucks take Teague from us, not signed Millsap. We are a top 4 team in the east unless we trade a few of our vets before the deadline.

Look this season is meaningless. We know we're not gonna accomplish anything. We need to get in the lottery or it's just gonna be more of the same. And I don't know about yall but i'm tired of the same old same old

Tank Train CHOO CHOO

Too late now sir.

The teams below us aren't nearly good enough to win at a rate to elevate them over us, unless we just gut the team right now. We are 4.5 games ahead of Detroit for 9th in the East. So say we just win 10 more games this year ( 10 - 21 record ). That puts us at 35 - 47.

For the Pistons to go 35 - 47, they would have to go 14 - 18 the rest of the way. The 10th place team ( NY Knicks ) would have to go 15 - 17. Neither team has shown any capability that they can basically play .500 ball for more than a 20 game stretch in the season. Detroit just fired their coach today, and Woody may be fired by the All Star break.

Then you look at our overall position, if we DO happen to get in to the lottery. The Hawks need to be at least 8th or higher to have a shot at a top 3 pick. There are currently 8 teams that haven't even won 20 games yet this season. None of them have any incentive to win any game out on the road, and maybe a few home games to appease the crowd. That's why Utah can beat the Heat last night, but may drop their next 7 road games, to keep a hold on their lottery position.

If the Hawks wanted to tank, they should've done it last month. Instead, they basically play .500 basketball and hold their ground as the 3rd seed ( now 4th ).

Outside of trading Millsap ( or a Millsap injury ), there's no way the Hawks can lose enough games to get them out of the playoffs.

Too late now sir.

The teams below us aren't nearly good enough to win at a rate to elevate them over us, unless we just gut the team right now. We are 4.5 games ahead of Detroit for 9th in the East. So say we just win 10 more games this year ( 10 - 21 record ). That puts us at 35 - 47.

For the Pistons to go 35 - 47, they would have to go 14 - 18 the rest of the way. The 10th place team ( NY Knicks ) would have to go 15 - 17. Neither team has shown any capability that they can basically play .500 ball for more than a 20 game stretch in the season. Detroit just fired their coach today, and Woody may be fired by the All Star break.

Then you look at our overall position, if we DO happen to get in to the lottery. The Hawks need to be at least 8th or higher to have a shot at a top 3 pick. There are currently 8 teams that haven't even won 20 games yet this season. None of them have any incentive to win any game out on the road, and maybe a few home games to appease the crowd. That's why Utah can beat the Heat last night, but may drop their next 7 road games, to keep a hold on their lottery position.

If the Hawks wanted to tank, they should've done it last month. Instead, they basically play .500 basketball and hold their ground as the 3rd seed ( now 4th ).

Outside of trading Millsap ( or a Millsap injury ), there's no way the Hawks can lose enough games to get them out of the playoffs.

Never say never lol

I didn't like tanking, very few team find there succes this way ... I prefer slightly improvement at a roster to work up, the succes is quite comparable but you don't suck during the time you try it.

For this season it is also to late, you need a top 5 pick that it makes sense even with this strong class.

• Like 1