• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I don't know about yall but Im back on the Tank Train *Shrugs*

Bonkers

Millsap is the all star. Jefferson isn't ...we got the right guy.

Wrong.

Millsap is the all star . . only because of the injury to Horford. But he deserves his spot.

Jefferson is the snub . . . who is averaging 20 points and almost 11 rebounds . . . and averaging 23 points and over 11 rebounds since Horford got hurt.

I like Millsap . . but he's nowhere near as consistent of an offensive scorer as Jefferson is. And Jefferson is the better rebounder.

Heck, we had enough cap room to add Jefferson AND Millsap, if need be. Just start Millsap at the 3, but play him mainly with the reserves at the 4.

Then if one of them got hurt, we'd still have 2 quality frontcourt players.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

Wrong. Millsap is the all star . . only because of the injury to Horford. But he deserves his spot. Jefferson is the snub . . . who is averaging 20 points and almost 11 rebounds . . . and averaging 23 points and over 11 rebounds since Horford got hurt. I like Millsap . . but he's nowhere near as consistent of an offensive scorer as Jefferson is. And Jefferson is the better rebounder. Heck, we had enough cap room to add Jefferson AND Millsap, if need be. Just start Millsap at the 3, but play him mainly with the reserves at the 4. Then if one of them got hurt, we'd still have 2 quality frontcourt players.

Jefferson was far too expensive for what he does on the court. He's inconsistent and very injury prone. Sure he has good stretches of games, but I'm not paying a hefty contract to somebody who brings it every now and again. I'll bet Jefferson either cools off significantly after the all star break or he gets hurt. I've seen this movie before. No thanks.

Chris Kaman (can put up Al Jefferson numbers) is available.

He fits under the DPE and would save the Lakers a ton of money in tax payments. It makes so much sense, but I have some strange feeling that Danny won't do it simply because it makes too much sense. Plus it would cost us money.

He fits under the DPE and would save the Lakers a ton of money in tax payments. It makes so much sense, but I have some strange feeling that Danny won't do it simply because it makes too much sense. Plus it would cost us money.

Plus Ferry likes pros pros like Sap and Korver not to pay someone for taking cat naps on the bench. Kaman another no heart mofo.

It's about establishing that 'winning' culture? That 'winning til you get to the 1st round' culture.I kid, I kid.

Funny thing... That's the what the team has been doing for YEARS... Ferry basically wants to do the same thing but he thinks he can actually get top notch FA's to sign here. lol

It's all about SPIN.... Ge acts like the team was a 20 win team before he got here, but even after this team has made the playoffs all of these years the FA's still have not been very interested.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Awful, awful man. Why is he taking pictures instead of helping the kid catch his bus!

It is awful. Here is the picture his son drew after Dad wouldn't help him.

Posted Image

Apparently, when a Ferry misses the bus, Danny just stays the course.

Should have been in heavy tank mode at the beginning of the deadline. After Horf went down we just didn't have enough talent left to do anything. It's not too late, move the now assets for picks or young guys and expiring filler and slide down into the top ten in the draft plus picks we pick up in the deals

• Moderators

There are 31 games left. If we shift into tank mode and go 13-18 (42%) the rest of the way, how many lottery teams will we pass in the race to the bottom if they go .500 or so the rest of the way? The % chances are my own guest-imates so they are not statistically worthwhile but I feel that these teams going 500 the rest of the way is very unlikely and the chances of the Hawks winning more than 42% is much better than 50/50 given the weak East.

Atlanta 25-26 + 13-18 = 38-44

Memphis Grizzlies - 29-23 // >90% (trying to win)

T-Wolves 25-28 + 14-15 = 39-43 // 50/50 (soon will be dead in the water)

Denver 24-27 + 15-16 = 39-43 // 50/50 (soon will be dead in the water)

New Orleans 23-29 + 15-15 = 33-44 // 50/50 (soon will be dead in the water)

Pistons 22-30 + 15-15 = 37-45 // <40% (motivated in short term but could pack it in)

Knicks 20-32 + 15-15 = 35-47 // <40% (motivated to win)

Cavs 20-33 + 15-14 = 35-47 // <40% (motivated in short term but could pack it in)

Jazz 19-33 + 15-15 = 34-48 // <20% (tanking)

Celtics 19-35 + 14-14 = 33-49 // <20% (tanking)

Lakers 18-35 + 14-15 = 32-50 // NO (won't overtly tank)

Sacto (tanking)

Orlando (tanking)

Philly (tanking)

Milwaukee (tanking)

I give us the 12th pick in a near best case scenario. It is most likely we end up with the 13th or 14th pick. The reality is that many of these teams are going to utterly pack it in -- expect to see records at least as bad as to date from most of these teams.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

There are 31 games left. If we shift into tank mode and go 13-18 (42%) the rest of the way, how many lottery teams will we pass in the race to the bottom if they go .500 or so the rest of the way? The % chances are my own guest-imates so they are not statistically worthwhile but I feel that these teams going 500 the rest of the way is very unlikely and the chances of the Hawks winning more than 42% is much better than 50/50 given the weak East. Atlanta 25-26 + 13-18 = 38-44 Memphis Grizzlies - 29-23 // >90% (trying to win) T-Wolves 25-28 + 14-15 = 39-43 // 50/50 (soon will be dead in the water)Denver 24-27 + 15-16 = 39-43 // 50/50 (soon will be dead in the water)New Orleans 23-29 + 15-15 = 33-44 // 50/50 (soon will be dead in the water) Pistons 22-30 + 15-15 = 37-45 // <40% (motivated in short term but could pack it in)Knicks 20-32 + 15-15 = 35-47 // <40% (motivated to win)Cavs 20-33 + 15-14 = 35-47 // <40% (motivated in short term but could pack it in) Jazz 19-33 + 15-15 = 34-48 // <20% (tanking)Celtics 19-35 + 14-14 = 33-49 // <20% (tanking) Lakers 18-35 + 14-15 = 32-50 // NO (won't overtly tank)Sacto (tanking)Orlando (tanking)Philly (tanking)Milwaukee (tanking) I give us the 12th pick in a near best case scenario. It is most likely we end up with the 13th or 14th pick. The reality is that many of these teams are going to utterly pack it in -- expect to see records at least as bad as to date from most of these teams.

So, it looks like Ferry will be relying heavily on trades and free agency to try and improve the team which will be difficult especially on the trade front (we don't have alot that's attractive).

• Premium Member

It is interesting to be honest to see if A$G pushes Ferry to make playoff now but no real long term benefits like trading for Turner or Hawes or can DF pull off a big name trade or simply stand pat for the offseason. My money is on the last.