• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This Bud's for You

frankthetank966

Really disappointed with Bud tonight. The Hawks were being out rebounded and how did he answer? By playing Carroll as a 4 most of the game. There is a near 7-footer on the bench that signed a 10-day contract. He should have been given more than 3 minutes of playing time. And for the limited time he did get, he had 3 rebounds! Even more so Schröder got no playing time again. If he is going to sit on th bench he should be sent to the D League. How much did John Jenkins learn fom keeping seats warm last year? On top of the poor substitutions, he clock management was awful. I must say, I miss Larry Drew's creative play calls at the end of games. He makes Bud look like a rookie! One can argue Scott got fouled on his three but I'll say that was not by design. The play was dead 2-3 seconds on the inbound. It is really tough to know where this team is going. They should have pulled this one out. Instead Teague forced 2 silly turnovers with 30 seconds in the game.

Agreed.....especially with the Jenkins comparison to Dennis. Dennis is just rotting away and hawk fans want to make excuses for him not deserving to get minutes, which is bogus.Also the Carroll over Pittman is just plan out dumb. I'm starting to get sick of coach bud and I really wanted him here. I watched Pittman when he got his chance and he can easily be effective...I'm wondering if this spurs way is just a joke in the making.

• Premium Member

If you want to criticize Bud that is ok, but imo that is not why the Hawks lost the game, the Hawks lost the game because of execution on the court and they were undermanned. Teague made a dumb play by stepping out of bounds, Scott was definitely fouled by Noah at the end and the refs missed it.

Bud is going to be an outstanding coach in this league and if he had the players that Jeff Horncek has in Phoenix he would be the rookie coach of the year.

Be a little patient, Bud is one of the few bright spots in this organization.

Edited by Vol4ever
  • Like 2

I'm a huge fan of Bud, he deserved some criticism last night, but to start a negative thread about him is almost blasphemous. The Bulls usually surrender 90 points, not 103, and this is to NBA teams with an actual respectable scorer in uniform. That man got more rings than my mama.

• Like 3

[quote name="JTB" post="677276" timestamp="

I'm starting to get sick of coach bud....,.

Seriously? C'mon man!

Overreact much?

Can Bud be better? Sure. A rookie head coach with half a season under his belt with a depleted roster that has the team competing night in night out and this is what you complain about.

Un-freaking-believable!

• Moderators

This is a forest for the trees type thing. The truth is that even with a team totally depleted by injuries there isn't anyone in the east better than us except Indy and the Heat. The fact that Bud has these guys motivated and playing this hard in our situation should make him a friggin hero around here. I mean we've got PGs at the wing, wings at the 4 and a bench full of empty chairs and it takes some bailout calls for a team with some of the best defensive bigs in the game to beat us.

• Like 3

Buds been around this game for to longHe should know way more than what hes shown

There's a difference between knowing and actually doing. There is still a learning curve.No matter how long he's been around, he's still a first time head coach - there is NO spinning that fact! Edited by JayBirdHawk

There's a difference between knowing and actually doing.

There is still a learning curve.

No matter how long he's been around, he's still a first time head coach - there is NO spinning that fact!

Exactly. Add in that there has been no season before now that Bud has been in control of timeouts, substitutions, play calling, etc. and we should have posters recognize that he is a rookie. Of course he makes mistakes, just like a rookie.

And if we make Bud puns then I think we should either go with Spicoli:

or Spuds MackKenzie:

Posted Image

But I'm open to other puns, and This Bud's For You is pretty good. Just not my favorite.