• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Raptors

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

And yet another team supposedly more talented than us goes down. It's hard to not wonder where we'd be right now with a healthy Horford. We were like 8 games above .500 when he went down. And much of that losing streak was without him AND Sap.

You are going to ruffle some feathers around here with that kind of talk

• Moderators

And yet another team supposedly more talented than us goes down. It's hard to not wonder where we'd be right now with a healthy Horford. We were like 8 games above .500 when he went down. And much of that losing streak was without him AND Sap.

We were 16-13 with Horford.

• Moderators

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. Doesn't change the point of the post though. Weren't we 3rd seed at that point?

Our winning % with Horford would have us as the #4 seed. Better than we are now, but still getting bounced by Miami or Indiana if we emerged from the first round.

People forget that after the Rudy Gay trade everybody thought Toronto was t___ing. Lowry was on the trade block as well as Derozam. Know what happened instead, they started winning with Lowry and Derozan leading. GM held unto them instead.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Any update on Dennis' ankle - just when he was getting minutes and starting to come along.I just hope he heals quickly so Lou stays glued to the bench,

• Moderators

People forget that after the Rudy Gay trade everybody thought Toronto was t___ing. Lowry was on the trade block as well as Derozam. Know what happened instead, they started winning with Lowry and Derozan leading. GM held unto them instead.

Gay sucks and is overpaid so that was a great move regardless. I can't believe Toronto successfully unloaded both Gay and Bargnani and ended up with at least 3 picks to boot. Impressive job by the GM.

Gay sucks and is overpaid so that was a great move regardless. I can't believe Toronto successfully unloaded both Gay and Bargnani and ended up with at least 3 picks to boot. Impressive job by the GM.

What did they give up to get Gay from Memphis in the initial trade. Lol @ NYK giving up picks for Bargnani,Sac was trying to make playoffs for the umpteenth time that's why they gave up a pick. Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Someone was also claiming that they would rather have Lowry over Teague...The problem is Teague ate his lunch tonight throwing a wrench in the argument.

Lowry owned Teague earlier this season with a 16 point, 13 assist, 6 rebound game. A single game sample size doesn't mean much. Glad to see Teague getting some positive consistency back all the same, though.

• Like 4

• Moderators

One thing this win shows, and 5 in a row, is we can end ALL the tanking talk. It's over. This team isn't tanking.

Yes. Of course the team never was tanking. When you have only one guy on the whole roster to play the 4 and 5 you're going to drop some games.

Lowry owned Teague earlier this season with a 16 point, 13 assist, 6 rebound game. A single game sample size doesn't mean much. Glad to see Teague getting some positive consistency back all the same, though.

I guess you forgot about the 17pts 12ast game Teague had against Lowry earlier in the season too. But hey, its a small sample size you're looking at smh..Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I guess you forgot about the 17pts 12ast game Teague had against Lowry earlier in the season too. But hey, its a small sample size you're looking at smh..Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

You people seem to get awfully quiet when Teague goes a month of two without having a good game then come roaring back when he has a decent game. I'm sure that's not a coincidence though.

• Like 1

Someone was also claiming that they would rather have Lowry over Teague...The problem is Teague ate his lunch tonight throwing a wrench in the argument.

You're seriously arguing that Player A is better than Player B based on a head-to-head matchup? Ignoring an entire season's worth of data? Yeah, um, that's not how that works.