• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We should find a way

Diesel

• Premium Member

Asik. I'm back on the bandwagon.

He has engineered 5 games 12 ppg, 16.8 rpg Since D-12 has been out.

Rebounding is the cornerstone to winning. And no disrespect to Antić, I would like to see us tougher in the middle.

So here's the question. What rendition of Hawks frontcourt work better:

Asik, Horf, Ariza (AHA)

or

Asik, Sapp, Ariza. (ASA)

I agree but how bout Asik, Horf, Sap(AHS)? Just have Sap lose 10-15 pounds this offseason through condition and work even more on his midrange shots and 3's to make him even more lethal. To me, that would be a pretty good front court. Specially due to our new Bud system.

Edited by Spud2Nique

• Premium Member

I agree but how bout Asik, Horf, Sap(AHS)? Just have Sap lose 10-15 pounds this offseason through condition and work even more on his midrange shots and 3's to make him even more lethal. To me, that would be a pretty good front court. Specially due to our new Bud system.

I could be wrong... but I just don't see Sap as being a Sf. I understand the problem that Asik had on the floor with D-12. They both are in the same space. Both Horf and Sap have midrange games but Horf's midrange game is just better. So since Sap isn't a big time three point shooter, he'd get in the way.

Ariza on the other hand is hitting 41% of his threes and could easily help spread the floor.

I'm all for having all 4 guys on the squad. Pero off the bench is killer. Sap is smart enough to take advantage of the matchups he can at the 3, with his post game and strength, there are a lot. I'm sure Ariza would have no problem playing 2, and our rebounding would be through the roof.

How are we acquiring Asik in these scenarios?

Teague for Asik straight up would work, no? Since Asik's cap hit is 8 mil. They've been trying to move Lin and I don't think they see Beverly as a starter.

Morey is gonna have to take a hit for some team to pay Asik that $15 million.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Or people can just wait til 2015 when Asik, Jordan, Hibbert, Lopez etc. are all free agents and *gasp* the Hawks have max cap space.

IF they can get talent to come here. Remember it seems we have struggled in that department.

IF they can get talent to come here. Remember it seems we have struggled in that department.

Can anyone refresh my memory on all of the free agents that have supposedly spurned us? My list begins and ends with Dwight Howard, but many of you follow the offseasons more closely than I do.

• Moderators

Can anyone refresh my memory on all of the free agents that have supposedly spurned us? My list begins and ends with Dwight Howard, but many of you follow the offseasons more closely than I do.

Eddie Curry

Andrew Bynum

Greg Oden