• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Biggest problem trading away Sap or Horford or both.....

JTB

The problem with the thought of trading away sap or horford or both is not having a bonafide scorer.

Not to say they are but when you don't have that lebron, melo, wade, kobe, type player you have to be careful with what you give up. Now you all keep up with the hawks as much as I do so I'm only mentioning it because I see post where people are involving one of the two or both in a trade and again because we don't have a bonafide, all day everyday, for SURE 20 point scorer I find it hard for Ferrry to trade these two or even involve them.

Unless the trades you guys come up with involves the hawks getting back a 17-20 point scorer type that's like horford or sap..... it ain't or shouldn't happen.

• Like 2

I would prefer to ADD to what we have unless the trade is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade that vaults up to CHAMPIONSHIP contention. Build on what we have.

I would prefer to ADD to what we have unless the trade is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade that vaults up to CHAMPIONSHIP contention. Build on what we have.

Agreed....I hope the squawk start to realize that. Ferry can only do so much.

The thought is the trade one or the other for a bonafide scorer. All of the proposed/rumored trades have us bringing in guys like Westbrook or someone.

I find that hard to believe....lol not trying to bring anyone down but those rumors are going to need some serious legs!

But I agree with JBH, the mindset is to add to what we have, not commit to a major overhaul. Reload, not rebuild.

Exactly...we have three 17 points a game players in Teague, Sap, Horford...best thing to do is build around those 3 with better role players.

Also Teague is a good talent that could be a great talent with better role players around him! I've said that before....put a team around Teague and he will become a thorn in opposing defenses ass night in and out. One thing Teague has proven is that he can penetrate on ANY player and as long as he can get to the goal the team has a chance at being a very very good offense.

But let play on the other side for a second.

Sure keeping Milsap and Horford will be good for this team. However there is three problems

- You will have to contiune to have Horford as the center (with repeat injuries to his pec, it going to be rough)

- No star power (Need more fans to come not only Heat, Knicks or Bulls games)

- Next contracts (if Paul will settle for another 9.5 mil then I got some land to sell to you in Sahara desert)

We need a Elite SF/SG that can take the load off of these guys. For that to happen, one of them has to move on.

But let play on the other side for a second.

Sure keeping Milsap and Horford will be good for this team. However there is three problems

- You will have to contiune to have Horford as the center (with repeat injuries to his pec, it going to be rough)

Did you miss the part about a 'clear/significant upgrade' if we are trading them.

- No star power (Need more fans to come not only Heat, Knicks or Bulls games)

- Next contracts (if Paul will settle for another 9.5 mil then I got some land to sell to you in Sahara desert)

We need a Elite SF/SG that can take the load off of these guys. For that to happen, one of them has to move on.

• Moderators

But I agree with JBH, the mindset is to add to what we have, not commit to a major overhaul. Reload, not rebuild.

The question is where does that take us. This round we built our way to a first round exit. What is next year's trajectory? I still see us as falling short of contender status and short of the ECF. After next year there will likely be a lot of turnover and/or free agents, Sap will definitely cost a lot more. Coming into this season that core looked like a second round cap to me.

• Premium Member

The question is where does that take us. This round we built our way to a first round exit. What is next year's trajectory? I still see us as falling short of contender status and short of the ECF. After next year there will likely be a lot of turnover and/or free agents, Sap will definitely cost a lot more. Coming into this season that core looked like a second round cap to me.

Put Horford in the lineup and who is better than us today? Miami is better..but they are the defending champs. We would beat Indiana and I'd imagine we would beat Washington as well.

I fully recognize the fact that we could use a lot more talent, but being in the East we seem to be in good shape. Teams will improve but we have heard about an improving East for many years now. I honestly don't see any team on the verge of breaking through other than Washington.

I'm not advocating us staying put, I just kind of like our chances to be #2 in the East with the current roster (will Miami still have LeBron next year?). Obviously the ECF isn't the goal..but I think Ferry and Bud want to be better than that too.

Put Horford in the lineup and who is better than us today? Miami is better..but they are the defending champs. We would beat Indiana and I'd imagine we would beat Washington as well.

I fully recognize the fact that we could use a lot more talent, but being in the East we seem to be in good shape. Teams will improve but we have heard about an improving East for many years now. I honestly don't see any team on the verge of breaking through other than Washington.

I'm not advocating us staying put, I just kind of like our chances to be #2 in the East with the current roster (will Miami still have LeBron next year?). Obviously the ECF isn't the goal..but I think Ferry and Bud want to be better than that too.

Couldn't handle Washington. They have shooters who actually can shoot the ball.

• Premium Member

Couldn't handle Washington. They have shooters who actually can shoot the ball.

With Horford..we should. No Horford we would probably lose. They struggled to beat us playing without Kyle and DMC towards the end of the season. Plus, they are Washington.

We're not getting rid of Horford. He's our best player, and just seems like an all-around good guy and locker room presence. Plus, I've seen enough of him to know he plays hard every single night. We're not trading Milsap either, not after the year he had being an all-star and how cheap he is. Throw in Teague, a legimate starting point guard, you have three nice pieces to build around. We have to remember, we we're third in the East for a long time before Horf went down. Then the others got hit with the injury bug and we went through that horrible stretch. I don't think Ferry needs to do much. But one thing, trading Horf or Milsap would be not a good idea.

• Like 1

We're not getting rid of Horford. He's our best player, and just seems like an all-around good guy and locker room presence. Plus, I've seen enough of him to know he plays hard every single night. We're not trading Milsap either, not after the year he had being an all-star and how cheap he is. Throw in Teague, a legimate starting point guard, you have three nice pieces to build around. We have to remember, we we're third in the East for a long time before Horf went down. Then the others got hit with the injury bug and we went through that horrible stretch. I don't think Ferry needs to do much. But one thing, trading Horf or Milsap would be not a good idea.

I don't think I agree with that statement.

1. Ferry has to hit on the draft pick - a player that can come in from day 1 and CONTRIBUTE, whether it's starting or coming off the bench NO draft and stash.

2. A SG/SF upgrade (draft or free agent)

3.A bench upgrade at the SG spot with more size and defense on the perimeter

4. More size in general

5. Rebounding help

Ferry has to have all options open this summer. If Horford can bring in a wing scorer (or superior post player), then you have to consider it. Same with Milsap and Teague.

Its all a cost/benefit analysis methodology that takes into account abilities, locker room fit, and whatever else Bud and Ferry feel are needed.

For me, I'm going to sit back and take great interest in this off-season. Ferry has a lot of cards he can play and it will be interesting to see which ones he does use.

• Like 1

I don't think I agree with that statement.

1. Ferry has to hit on the draft pick - a player that can come in from day 1 and CONTRIBUTE, whether it's starting or coming off the bench NO draft and stash.

2. A SG/SF upgrade (draft or free agent)

3.A bench upgrade at the SG spot with more size and defense on the perimeter

4. More size in general

5. Rebounding help

I'm not saying he doesn't need to continue doing his job as GM. Every GM needs to focus on the draft. I was talking more about changing the whole outlook of the team, such as getting rid of Horf or Sap.

I think people need to reevaluate what they expect from Ferry. There aren't too many wing options for us this free agency and the players in the draft while having potential, I fear won't be able to contribute right away the way we wish they could. Ferry can pull off a trade, but that's a crapshoot as far as who's available. If he ends up waiting till next year, I'm still onboard.