• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we go after a nice FA

tbhawksfan

Whose your top choice  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Monroe and Millls easily. I'm all about acquiring the youngest guys with the widest skill sets for Bud to mold, although Mills comes ready-made.

Hopefully Monroe hasn't learned how to lose and can be brough back from the abyss of Detroit. Besides Lou Williams, everyone in our rotation is used to considerable winning and playoff appearances throughout their career, and I think that's important to Ferry. Hayward is young enough to be converted, but his numbers took a hit this year when most thought they all should've gone up. Not sure how much he can improve defensively, Monroe has the size and tools to take a step up.

As far as other, I won't be Diesel and beat people over the head with a Hawes, but I'm back engineering the Lance Train. Beyond the court, where I could watch him hit the glass and invite doubles for Magic-style passes all day, he'd capitalize off the buzz and give our attendance a shot in the arm. I'd just hope he could stay away from the silly rappers and fame and money-hungry women of the night.

Edited by benhillboy

I remember black balling monroe on 2k with a small deal cause i wanted to sign more role players didnt work out lol they matched. My 2k squad

PG Teague Schröder Mills

SG Mayo(lou and hawes trade) Korver Jenkins

SF Carroll Hood(draft) Crowder

PF Millsap Scott Muscala

C Horford Noguiera Antić

Monroe would be the perfect FA for the right price in Bud's system with the player movement and spacing I could see him having a Al Jefferson type impact on the team and would allow Al to finally slide down to the 4.

Lance is the definition of high risk, high reward he could either turn himself into a top 5 SG or a washout who spends more time on Love and Hip Hop Atlanta than he does on the court.

@kg and @ pac, I'm fully aware of the risk of the kid, and I'm willing to take it. He addresses the main 3 shortcomings we have: adding a player who can create his own shot, help on the glass, and size and bolstered defense at the 2.

@kg and @ pac, I'm fully aware of the risk of the kid, and I'm willing to take it. He addresses the main 3 shortcomings we have: adding a player who can create his own shot, help on the glass, and size and bolstered defense at the 2.

Oh I agree his talents fit almost perfectly with what the team needs the mental part and potential cost would be the part that worries me. He's one of my non Hawks players in the league but the potential backfire might scare the FO away.

Not to mention he's probably not a favorite in the Hawks locker room after some of the antics last series

• Like 1

I don't see why Mills would want to leave a team that's almost a lock to win 60+ games, to come to our team, who isn't quite sure of the direction that is being headed in. I think we have to put all our faith on Schröder to help provide decent minutes in the backup PG position. That means he has to drastically improve his jumper and work more on defense.

• Moderators

We only have 11 mill to spend. And that is if we let go of our FA's (Mack, Scott, Brand)

If we don't unload Lou for a pick we will be making small, strategic moves and probably short-term ones in free agency. (Trades possible).

• Like 2

• Moderators

Ill say again. We have 15 mil to spend per c viv

I'll trust hawksfanatic. Bear in mind Cviv is going to give you a number that ignores the cost of our pick and all the roster cap holds. It also assumes we waive our rights to Scott, Mack, etc.

15M isn't real for what we can spend on a stud.

• Premium Member

If we don't unload Lou for a pick we will be making small, strategic moves and probably short-term ones in free agency. (Trades possible).

That's pretty much the way I see it. We will return basically the same team as this season.

Hayward anywhere around 10 to 11 million would make Utah blink. He set career highs in rebounds, points, and assist. His biggest weaknesses has always been defense and rebounding.

I am not saying he is worth 44 million or more for 4 years; but I guarantee you that Utah does not want to see that kind of offer sheet thrown his way.

I like Jodie Meeks. I have liked him since he was drafted as well.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

I really think Bosh is going to leave Miami and go someplace where he is not the third star for one last big payday. The Heat can't let Wade go for sentimental reasons so Bosh is the odd man out. He's not a big banging, rebounding center but he and Horford together are pretty formidable.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I really think Bosh is going to leave Miami and go someplace where he is not the third star for one last big payday. The Heat can't let Wade go for sentimental reasons so Bosh is the odd man out. He's not a big banging, rebounding center but he and Horford together are pretty formidable.

I don't think any of the big 3 are leaving, especially if they win the title (they will). Don't all three have the option of waiting until next year to become free agents? Edited by Jody23