• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lucas Noguiera highlights

GrimeyKidd

Kid's been getting nothing but rave reviews ever since he's been back from injury time-off! Spanish ACB league is second best national league, with good competition, coaches and organisation... He's proving his worth... I'm only concerned with his knees and the grind of a full NBA season... Anyway, he must be in ATL next season, period!

• Like 2

Chandler and Camby are decent comparisons. I'd throw Noah in there too. Bebe will probably be more of a shot-blocker than Chandler/Noah though, more like Camby. And is faster/longer than all those dudes. Hell, Bebe can probably keep up with Teague in transition.

Edited by hazer

Adding a running/gunning aspect to the Hawks, in addition to the ball-movement/slashing/3-point attack, will be extremely difficult to defend going forward.

He projects as a much more versatile Varejao to me or atleast more defensive minded. Also see some Noah in there too. Hard to not to compare them considering body type, hair, country, etc. I notice he seems very light on his feet opposed to being athletic.

Lastly with the weight issue. Just don't fight it. He has a high metabolism and it will slow down as he reaches his late 20s. Just hope he has a strong enough base to handle most in the league until then.

• Like 2

Rookie Marcus Camby with better FG% is an on the money comparison IMO. Hopefully he can improve his rebounding as he gets better like Camby did. We really need him next year. A legit rim protector who just has a knack for blocking shots and is dangerous with the pick n roll (our go to play).

• Like 1

Next season I hope he's a Hawk, not a starter, but getting some meaningful

minutes with our second unit or perhaps with the starters?

Just imagine what this kid will look like when he's fully grown! Wow!

GO HAWKS!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Rookie Marcus Camby with better FG% is an on the money comparison IMO. Hopefully he can improve his rebounding as he gets better like Camby did. We really need him next year. A legit rim protector who just has a knack for blocking shots and is dangerous with the pick n roll (our go to play).

I think a lot of people are setting the bar too high if we are talking expectations as opposed to just wished and hopes. Camby plus a better fg% is very ambitious. Camby was 15 ppg on 48% shooting with 2.1 bpg. FG% is the only one of those numbers I would think Bebe has a good chance to exceed or match.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people are setting the bar too high if we are talking expectations as opposed to just wished and hopes. Camby plus a better fg% is very ambitious. Camby was 15 ppg on 48% shooting with 2.1 bpg. FG% is the only one of those numbers I would think Bebe has a good chance to exceed or match.

I don't see Bebe putting up 12 FGA, but I can see him matching the 2.1 BPG in 30 minutes.

• Like 1

• Admin

I don't see Bebe putting up 12 FGA, but I can see him matching the 2.1 BPG in 30 minutes.

Bebe won't be playing 30 mins. He will get 10 - 12 min. However, if that is 10 - 12 minutes of solid defense then bring the kid over.

• Like 2

I'm really excited about him but we need to be cautious about how many minutes he plays. I believe he is used to only playing once a 1 week and has some knee issues. The NBA season is much longer and can there will be back to back games that his knees are not accustomed to.

I would definitlely scratch the plan to gain weight with the way his knees reacted to it early this season. He looks like he can add some strength without gaining much weight since he has little muscle definition.

I would not play him more then 20 mpg until his body / knees show they can handle that much playing time with the increased amount of games.

• Like 1