Hawks pursuing Asik

Vol4ever

• Admin

He would start with Sap coming off the bench for extra fire power .... it gives us alot of lineup options too.

With Hou trying to clear room for Melo (who I think would be a bad fit there with Harden), Asik could come a lot cheaper then I thought. Sounds like they do not want anything of real value back as they want to just clear room. Maybe JJ, Lou and seconds...I hope we don't trade our first.

Edited by capstone21

So they are interested now in moving Horf to the 4. The question is do they trade the 1st rd selection and filler for Asik?

Like I said in another thread - Lou/Jenkins and a 2nd is all they deserve for us taking on his $15 million. Edited by JayBirdHawk

He would start with Sap coming off the bench for extra fire power .... it gives us alot of lineup options too.

With Hou trying to clear room for Melo (who I think would be a bad fit there with Harden), Asik could come a lot cheaper then I thought. Sounds like they do not want anything of real value back as they want to just clear room. Maybe JJ, Lou and seconds...I hope we don't trade our first.

How can we give them that room though? I don't see Asik worth any first rounders either.

If Jackson ( fixed ) wants to rebuild, he could do a SNT with Melo going to Houston for Lin, Asik, filler and a pick(s). Kerr wanted no part of NY and a rebuild could be the reason why.

Edited by Buzzard

• Admin

If Riley wants to rebuild, he could do a SNT with Melo going to Houston for Lin, Asik, filler and a pick(s). Kerr wanted no part of NY and a rebuild could be the reason why.

You mean Jax....I don't think NY wants to do a rebuild...their fans are tolerant enough for that. Their rebuild will be a competitive rebuild...don't see them making that trade as Houston does not have good picks anyway.

• Premium Member

Don't see any chance of that happening with him having a $15 million dollar real money salary for next season.

I agree. This maybe be Houston putting stuff out there to leverage a better deal with another team. At any rate, I think Melo goes to Chicago.

As long as milsap isn't traded to do it! I'm fine. I say take on Asiks contract, get rid of Lou, Martin, maybe Mack and sign Xavier Henry and CJ Miles if all that is possible anyways.

I don't see the problem with taking on Asik contract. It's only for a year and we won't be completely handicapped cause we could still trade sap/horford/asik during the season if we need to.

You mean Jax....I don't think NY wants to do a rebuild...their fans are tolerant enough for that. Their rebuild will be a competitive rebuild...don't see them making that trade as Houston does not have good picks anyway.

I fixed it lol..Jackson

If Melo is going to walk if not traded to a preferred team, Jackson is in a bad place. Though trying to work out a competitive rebuild is easier right now in the east.

Would Melo take a one year shorter deal to play with D12, Harden, and Parsons? I don't see why not.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

After reading what Sam actually said, I don't buy the notion that this is really in play. However, if it were, the pricetag for Asik against the cap is 8.4 Million. Our owners would have to come up with the extra 6.6 Million to pay him. I think that Houston would do this deal if they had somewhere to send Lin if they wanted Melo. So in essence, i see us sending them a future first for Asik, maybe 2016. Which gives Houston the money to go after Melo if they can move Lin in a similar deal.

I think Asik will give us a more classic look and would solve a lot of problems.

It appears that DF wants this guy and he isnt coming to come off the bench.

I bet we give up a first to get him

I doubt that! Giving up our 1st to pay him $15 million then he can leave as a free agent next year is a no go for me.

In what universe is Asik worth a 1st round pick?

Haven't you been paying attention? Teams aren't handing out 1st round picks or even 2nds for that matter all willy nilly anymore.

Edited by JayBirdHawk