• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Kings interested in Dennis Schröder? (Putting #8 pick on trading block)

GameTime

Jeff is Jeff. I see him showing some of what he did in the playoffs and getting shut down some as he did in the playoffs. The gameplan is simple. Gameplan around Jeff and he can't do much. It's like double teaming Joe, it's a sure thing.

It is never a sure thing but it happens. You can say that about any player not named Bron or Durant. George was shut down last night. We need another horse no doubt; but shutting down Teague should open up those horses. Stephenson going off for 25 is a perfect example.

It is never a sure thing but it happens. You can say that about any player not named Bron or Durant. George was shut down last night. We need another horse no doubt; but shutting down Teague should open up those horses. Stephenson going off for 25 is a perfect example.

Man, stop it. I hate when you do that shit. Jeff is really get locked the freak down. It's not some, well it happens to everybody. Jeff is one player you can take out of the game with a gameplan regardless of the opponent. That don't happen to everybody who is good. Al can't get gameplan for by Milwaukee no matter how hard they try. Even Josh isn't that easy to gameplan for in his right position. Jeff is a simple player. He can beat you with his speed, he can shoot open jumpers, and he likes to drive off the PnR. If you can prevent open shots and double team his PnR, any NBA team can stop him. The issue is the Hawks got better players than Jeff in Horf and Sap who deserve more attention.

Jeff is a decent PG who is a good NBA player. If a team wants him for a top 10 pick, trade him ASAP.

Man, stop it. I hate when you do that shit. Jeff is a simple player. He can beat you with his speed, he can shoot open jumpers, and he likes to drive off the PnR.

I for some reason don't think its simple to stop all three of those things. Especially as you said, Horford is playing to go along with Millsap. San Antonio got swept this season by OKC. OKC is like 10 and 2 up on the Spurs over their last 12 games. If they do not get by the Spurs, most knowledgeable people will point directly at losing Ibaka.

Why the hell can't you see the same thing for us without Horford? We nor Teague is better off without Al.

• Like 3

It's easy to stop Teague when there is NO one else on the team that can handle the ball and create for themselves or others when teams game plan to stop him. That's what we need.

I didn't see Indy game plan and lock him down.

It was very easy to game plan Josh Smith - give him space and he WILL shoot it, quite simple actually.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

The only reason you think about trading Teague for 8 is if you think 8 and 15 can get you up to Utah's pick at 5 which they are supposedly considering trading.

Still I don't think the 5th pick makes this team that much better when you have to lose Teague to get it.

Dennis/Mack

Exum/Kyle/Lou

Carroll

Sap/Scott

Horford/Bebe/Antić/Mus

or

Dennis/Mack

Afflalo/Kyle/Lou

Carroll/Moe Harkless

Randle/Scott

Horford/Bebe/Antić/Mus

Trade Sap and Jenkins for Afflalo and Tobias Harris or Moe Harkless

Personally I am not a fan of Exum's. He played in a foreign league that is not that good. He has not done anything that Dennis, Biyombo, Rubio, and all the other overhyped foreigners did not do.

If you can trade Teague for 8 and package eight with 15 to get up to 5 then you have to think about it, but that is the only somewhat realistic scenario you trade him for.

• Premium Member

I don't know that this deal is a no brainer. It appears that way at the moment, but Dennis has the chance to be a really good point man. Saw flashes of that thru the season. In a year or two, this very well could be a different discussion.

I would have thought they'd target Teague, but I couldn't see the Hawks dealing him. Making the playoffs every year is a big deal for ownership and even if they could get a prospect that makes them better down the road at pick eight, I doubt they take that chance.

The incoming pick would have the potential to be really good too.. prolly at a position of need.

Dennis didn't prove himself over Mack and the coach seems to look at Teague as Tony Parker... Speed kills.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The only reason you think about trading Teague for 8 is if you think 8 and 15 can get you up to Utah's pick at 5 which they are supposedly considering trading.

Still I don't think the 5th pick makes this team that much better when you have to lose Teague to get it.

Dennis/Mack

Exum/Kyle/Lou

Carroll

Sap/Scott

Horford/Bebe/Antić/Mus

or

Dennis/Mack

Afflalo/Kyle/Lou

Carroll/Moe Harkless

Randle/Scott

Horford/Bebe/Antić/Mus

Trade Sap and Jenkins for Afflalo and Tobias Harris or Moe Harkless

Personally I am not a fan of Exum's. He played in a foreign league that is not that good. He has not done anything that Dennis, Biyombo, Rubio, and all the other overhyped foreigners did not do.

If you can trade Teague for 8 and package eight with 15 to get up to 5 then you have to think about it, but that is the only somewhat realistic scenario you trade him for.

I forgot that this is the time of year when people go loopy over draft picks. The Teague and Horford Show will be back in action and Teague will be a 17/10 guy... i.e. the man at PG. If we can flip Dennis for #8, we can find a real stud to play swingman or PF (if Randle drops).

• Like 1

I forgot that this is the time of year when people go loopy over draft picks. The Teague and Horford Show will be back in action and Teague will be a 17/10 guy... i.e. the man at PG. If we can flip Dennis for #8, we can find a real stud to play swingman or PF (if Randle drops).

Yep, everyone is going to be the next great someone...I don't see it happening but Dennis for #8 is a steal in my opinion. Let some other team go loopy over Schröder.

• Like 2

It's easy to stop Teague when there is NO one else on the team that can handle the ball and create for themselves or others when teams game plan to stop him. That's what we need.

I didn't see Indy game plan and lock him down.

It was very easy to game plan Josh Smith - give him space and he WILL shoot it, quite simple actually.

THIS....

I don't know what the hell my main man nbasupe is saying but by reading his comments he clearly dislike Teague no matter how much teague improves.

I like Dennis but man Dennis isn't going to be ready until another 3 years in my opinion and like someone already mentioned going to the playoffs is important to the guys running this franchise now.

Teague is 25 and still improving. I told everybody this last off season "put talent around Teague and he's a 18/10 pg" but have no talent around him he's an inconsistent 16/5 pg. You may not like that Teague can't perform at his best without talent around him but he is who he is and everybody need a team around them to be better.

For all the good potential Dennis have...if he isn't developed right than he's a nobody in the future. The kings have not shown a great ability to develop talent over the years and if they were to get Dennis it's fair to say that he may not become much of anything in Sacramento. However if Dennis stays in Atlanta complete different story! I honestly think coach bud can develop and outcoach any of the eastern conference teams and at least half of the western conference.

This rumor seems legit so it may have legs, judging the kings development of past draftees.

• Like 1

Yep, everyone is going to be the next great someone...I don't see it happening but Dennis for #8 is a steal in my opinion. Let some other team go loopy over Schröder.

All I know is that it's foolish to even consider trading Teague when Dennis isn't even developed into starter duty yet.

After Teague showed this aggressiveness consistently through the last month and playoffs I rather see what he can do a full year than to trade him.

Trading Dennis would be so stupid. When Dennis is a stud and Jeff is still Jeff, I will look at you with the worst shade ever.

Sorry but we can draft Ennis or Nic S. have them battle it out with Dennis which Dennis will likely win. Start Gordon and have a much more talented roster than we had this year.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Mike Scott is already a good player and he keeps improving. Be careful what you want to let go of unless a guy like Randle is there. Bricky Schoeder is light years away if ever so yeah Id trade him for 8.

• Like 1

I only like the thought of trading Dennis is someone who can be a superstar is available. Dennis BEAT Shelvin out of TRAINING CAMP last year and will do it again this year, but this time hold on to his job. I think he will be a better point guard than Teague in the long run.

Mike Scott is already a good player and he keeps improving. Be careful what you want to let go of unless a guy like Randle is there. Bricky Schoeder is light years away if ever so yeah Id trade him for 8.

Mike Scott is average. He is a poor man's David West with more range.

Dennis isn't as far as you think. He could really improve this off-season as most euros take some time to adjust to the NBA.

I only like the thought of trading Dennis is someone who can be a superstar is available. Dennis BEAT Shelvin out of TRAINING CAMP last year and will do it again this year, but this time hold on to his job. I think he will be a better point guard than Teague in the long run.

Prove it first!

• Like 1

Dennis isn't as far as you think. He could really improve this off-season as most euros take some time to adjust to the NBA.

I will believe you once ferry makes the trade Jeff for the #8 seed cause then it will justify your statement of Dennis being a stud.

However because ferry played with one of the best nba franchises or should say the recent best nba franchise to develop talent (San Antonio spurs) and because coach bud has been coach pops top assistant for 17 years....I'm not going to believe what any fan or media analyst say about Dennis being a stud until I hear it from the guys that work directly with him.

If Dennis is truly a stud and being that you are so sure about it...I expect ferry and bud to know it as much as you do since they do have a higher iq of the nba game than us fans and to trade Teague for more weapons if Dennis is truly this stud.

Hasn't he? He was better at the beginning of the season and at the end of the season as well. He's at least as good without getting a drop better.

Did you watch the same season as the rest of us?! Mack was our best pg for atleast 2 months at one point in the season!

What the hell are you talking about? Dennis barely played...so what evidence do you have to backup your statement!

When everybody was down on Teague, hawk fans were begging for bud to put in Dennis for solid minutes and he never did!

Again did you watch the same season as the rest of us or is your heart so caught up in wanting Dennis to be the next great hawk, it has blinded you from reality?

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

David West is a key player and leader on a team thats in the ECF and may go further. I would take that all day and twice on Sunday out of Mike Scott. Mike Scott right now is a solid player off the bench with range, a developing post game and some serious moxey. Dennis is a towell waiver,he shoots about as good as an overall player as Pero did in the playoffs. He is faaaaaaar away from Mack much less Jeff Teague

Edited by NJHAWK